Xbox 360 mixed media disk playback!

Discus and support Xbox 360 mixed media disk playback! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to play a mixed media disk on my xbox 360 console in 2020. But when I insert the disk into the disk drive, nothing will show! Instead "Open... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Henro33, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Henro33
    Henro33 Guest

I am trying to play a mixed media disk on my xbox 360 console in 2020. But when I insert the disk into the disk drive, nothing will show! Instead "Open disk tray" is displayed on screen where disks
    are, and when I go to "System Video Player", the "Current Disk" option is greyed out! My question is has mixed media disk play back suddenly stopped for 2020 on xbox 360 consoles? The only way I can seem to play my mixed media disks is if I insert them into
    a laptop or desktop computer and link them to my xbox console on my tv from there via the internet. I would like to try and keep it simple by possibly just inserting the disks into the xbox console and playing them that way. I even tried putting the videos
    I had on my disk into a folder on the disks, but that won't seem to work either! The same issue described above seems to occur! Please let me know soon. Thanks!

:)

Henro33, Sep 9, 2020
  2. NonSportsGirl Win User

Xbox One - My Home Theater Device: Perks and Consequences

Windows Media Player already installed in Windows 7 (or a free download if you have the N version). Xbox One Media Player to play that content. You can control all playback functions with Kinect.

Alternatively purchase NAS with built in media server. Use Xbox One's Media Player to playback content. Use Kinect to control playback.

Buy a media remote if you don't have Kinect.

You seem to be adding needlessly complex steps to your media playback.
  3. NonSportsGirl Win User

DVD playback quality is still atrocious.

The reason I prefer the 360 over the One for DVD playback is the media remote. The one for the 360 can operate my TV and DVD playback. By contrast the One media remote is very limited and parts only work when pointed at the Kinect.

Also what utter nonsense that the One is not designed for DVD playback. if it were not then it wouldn't even be able to play them, as it wouldn't have the diode in the drive.
  4. MisterBalloons Win User

Open tray or mixed media disk

Hey masterfreak360,

Just to clarify, your Fifa 13 disc is scratched and you aren't able to play it? Attempting to install another disc that isn't scratched and playing the scratched disc again has helped some people, but not everyone. We would recommend looking into our Disc
    Replacement Program
    , but since this is a third party publisher you will ultimately need to contact EA for info on replacing a game disc.
  5. MTA Raylz Win User

the game most likely needs that portal on before play and the game would work when you update it on LIVE
  6. XkomX Win User

You're most likely going to have to send your console in for repair =/ It really sucks being out of warrenty and I really feel you on this. My console went out of warrenty and then RROD and it killed me.

I have the game but for Wii (younger siblings) and the way we got it to work is by plugging in all the parts then turning the game on. There was an update for it however when we turned it on so perhaps thats the issue.

I would learn more towards the optical drive being damaged however. Does your system work with any other games?
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 mixed media disk playback! - Similar Threads - 360 mixed media

2. Xbox 360 not turning on

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 not turning on: I don’t know what happened but for some reason whenever I try to plug it in and turn it on, literally Nothing happens. Like there’s no rrod or lights the psu doesn’t even change there’s just...
  3. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  4. Games missing on Xbox 360 based on region

in XboX Insiders
    Games missing on Xbox 360 based on region: Hi I want to buy Resident evil 5 for xbox 360 but it seems that it is missing from the xbox 360 store (i live on greece) I noticed though that I can find it in my UK account but it has a different...
  5. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  6. Xbox 360 Store Shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Store Shut down: So, I know that the 360 store will shut down by the end of july, but I like to know can we still not get the xbox games and 360 games on our xbox series x store online or will all the xbox and 360...
  7. Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage: When enabling cloud storage I get this error , “console needs either a hard drive or console memory with 514mb available”. I have over 70gb of storage free though...
  8. Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...: All the details are in the question....cant get ant help from support as they don't offer a chat option for this issue and the AI is dumb 88af6598-6393-44f5-9a6c-1042b508c4be
  9. Update currently unavailable? Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update currently unavailable? Xbox 360: I bought an xbox 360 off someone yesterday and I haven’t been able to get it working. I’ve connected the Ethernet and everything and the internet works fine according to the connection test. I...
  10. Can players on 360&One mix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can players on 360&One mix?: My girlfriend, a buddy of mine. And myself have been playing D3 Vanilla on the ol' 360, BUT now that my girlfriend and I have RoS on the Xbox One its kind of hard to go back to vanilla lol! My...