Xbox 360 Mic adapter only works on Wired not Wireless?

Discus and support Xbox 360 Mic adapter only works on Wired not Wireless? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is the adapter i am using. Metal 2.5mm Male Jack to 3.5mm Female Stereo Headphone Audio Adapter Gold Plate | eBay The mic i am using is a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LILSAF77, Jul 22, 2015.

1. LILSAF77
    LILSAF77 Guest

LILSAF77, Jul 22, 2015
  2. MerlinKM
    MerlinKM Guest
    Windows 10

Was it the official Xbox 360 or Xbox One controller? For the Xbox 360 wireless controller, an adapter is required. For Xbox One, the original Xbox One controller will only work when wired. For the One S controller, you can connect it via bluetooth.

MerlinKM, Jul 22, 2015
  3. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    Is the tritton warhead compatible

Microsoft was fairly explicit that existing 360 peripherals would not work with Xbox One. At this time, the only thing mentioned so far is that a physical adapter is in the works to convert the new output port on the new controller to work with existing
    wired mic devices.

Wireless mics won't work as the wireless protocols are different. The Tritton Warhead is wireless. It won't work with the Xbox One. It doesn't matter how much you spent.

IceStorm III, Jul 22, 2015
  4. KALEEF
    KALEEF Guest

Sorry i am a little confused, when your saying wireless connection what part of the mic is being connected to the controller?

KALEEF, Jul 22, 2015
  5. LILSAF77
    LILSAF77 Guest
    The microphone is connected using a 3.5mm cable to the controller with an adapter (3.5mm to 2.5mm).

It only works on the wired controller but not the wireless controller?

LILSAF77, Jul 23, 2015
  6. KALEEF
    KALEEF Guest
    Can you try a different wireless controller to rule out the one you are using being faulty? (borrow a mates)

Can you link to which microphone you are using also please?

KALEEF, Jul 23, 2015
  7. LILSAF77
    LILSAF77 Guest
    the link is there

www.ebay.co.uk/.../191605342167

I have found a workaround if i push the cable into the mic it works until it falls out so i have to use paper to make it tight. If i try using earphones with built in mic they do not work with both controllers?

LILSAF77, Jul 25, 2015
  8. KALEEF
    KALEEF Guest

If it works buy jamming paper in somewhere then i'd guess at least one of the products is faulty.

KALEEF, Oct 31, 2018
  9. IceStorm III Win User

[quote user="Bird125"]Its been reported that an adapter for chat is being worked on.[/quote]For the Warhead specifically?

So far the adapter people are talking about is for wired mic cables. The Warhead is completely wireless. It is the only completely wireless 360 headset/mic due to a licensing arrangement with MS.
  10. IceStorm III Win User

Microsoft was fairly explicit that existing 360 peripherals would not work with Xbox One. At this time, the only thing mentioned so far is that a physical adapter is in the works to convert the new output port on the new controller to work with existing
    wired mic devices.

Wireless mics won't work as the wireless protocols are different. The Tritton Warhead is wireless. It won't work with the Xbox One. It doesn't matter how much you spent.
  11. KALEEF Win User

Sorry i am a little confused, when your saying wireless connection what part of the mic is being connected to the controller?
  12. LILSAF77 Win User

the link is there

www.ebay.co.uk/.../191605342167

I have found a workaround if i push the cable into the mic it works until it falls out so i have to use paper to make it tight. If i try using earphones with built in mic they do not work with both controllers?
  13. KALEEF Win User

Can you try a different wireless controller to rule out the one you are using being faulty? (borrow a mates)

Can you link to which microphone you are using also please?
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Mic adapter only works on Wired not Wireless? - Similar Threads - 360 Mic adapter

2. Mic problems on Xbox 360 chats.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic problems on Xbox 360 chats.: Asked a bit ago, mic works on the Xbox one chats perfectly fine, the MOMENT it tries to work on Xbox 360, nothing. I can hear my games and other people talking but it doesn't pick up my own...
  3. While using an elite controller s2, the mic will not work well on 360 game but it will work...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While using an elite controller s2, the mic will not work well on 360 game but it will work...: When I’m using my elite controller, I try to go in the 360 game my mic doesn’t work but if I switch to a normal controller it does work but not with my elite controller...
  4. My mic works on Xbox one but when I try to use it on a 360 game it does detect my headset,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic works on Xbox one but when I try to use it on a 360 game it does detect my headset,...: I can hear my games from my headset but it doesn't pick up my mic in games or in party chats. 5bd53e4d-9427-4711-8a33-4f44c4d90298
  5. I use xbox one S, mic not working in 360 game chat and parties

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I use xbox one S, mic not working in 360 game chat and parties: Hello, I use xbox one S, but pretty much only play xbox 360 games, and for over 6 months have had the issue of my headphones not working in 360 game chat and parties. I can hear the game fine,...
  6. Datel Gametalk Pro 2 Wireless Headset No One Can Hear Me Mic Issue Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Datel Gametalk Pro 2 Wireless Headset No One Can Hear Me Mic Issue Xbox 360: Hi, im hoping someone will be able to finally help me with an issue i have been having with my Datel Gametalk Pro 2 Wireless headset which i have had for a few years now. About a year and half now...
  7. Will an Xbox 360 mic work with an Xbox One console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will an Xbox 360 mic work with an Xbox One console?: Um, hi. I have a question. I got an Xbox One S console this weekend. Since we've just moved into a new house, I accidentally munted the chat chord to the mic it came with. I still have my mic from...
  8. Xbox 360 Headset Mic Not Working Without Kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Headset Mic Not Working Without Kinect: Hi, I'm trying to us the mic that's on my Turtle Beach headset but it will not work unless I have my Kinect turned on. Even with the Kinect turned on, my voice is not being picked up by my mic...
  9. Planing to Buy Another Original Wireless Xbox 360 Mic That Is Official Microsoft Brand My Old ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Planing to Buy Another Original Wireless Xbox 360 Mic That Is Official Microsoft Brand My Old ...: I Am just Wondering if Microsoft Brand Wireless Xbox 360 Mics Is The Best Option As Far as when it Comes to Wireless Xbox 360 Mics For Party Chatting and In-Game Chatting....
  10. Turtle Beach Earforce kilo Black ops II (360) The mic doesn't work w/ adapter for Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach Earforce kilo Black ops II (360) The mic doesn't work w/ adapter for Xbox One: I purchased these a couple weeks ago along with the adapter and proper cables. I updated my controller so the sound works great but, not mic. I can hear myself through the mic but in a party. I...