Xbox 360 making a noise..

Discus and support Xbox 360 making a noise.. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I turn on my Xbox and I play a digital game. Nothing in the disc tray. It starts making this noise. It starts out with this louder noise, sounds maybe... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nightraven2560, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Xbox 360 making a noise..

I turn on my Xbox and I play a digital game. Nothing in the disc tray. It starts making this noise. It starts out with this louder noise, sounds maybe like a phone vibration at first. It only does that part for 2 seconds. Then it just starts making this
    humming noise, I guess? I usually shut my Xbox off by holding the Xbox Start button and then turning off console from there. Well I kept holding down the Xbox button and going to that menu, and it made that "vibration" noise all over again. It kept doing that.

I got worried and turned it off and it didn't make the sound.

Help? Also, I do have a 250GB Slim.. I got it about 13 months ago.

:)

nightraven2560, Feb 17, 2014
  2. Danieltrfc
    Danieltrfc Guest
    New Dashboard Update - Console Not Reading Discs Xbox 360 making a noise.. :mad:

just updated my xbox 360 60gb and now its making a loud humming noise when playing games lol.

Danieltrfc, Feb 17, 2014
  3. Whistling noise?

My Xbox 360 was making a high pitched whistling noise while playing Forza 4. After five minutes of that noise it freezes. It's only happend twice but thats when my console was horizontal.

Dictator Mayo, Feb 17, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sounds like the vent cover over the hard drive. Mine rattled and made a vibrating noise in the past. I finally took it off the side. You should try that and see if the noise continues.

onyxishere, Feb 17, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: