Xbox 360 live update resulted in solid red light?

Discus and support Xbox 360 live update resulted in solid red light? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I tried to update the Live portion on my 360. It would not update, so according to the suggestions on the Microsoft support site, I downloaded... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AngelaBillings1, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Xbox 360 live update resulted in solid red light?

Hello. I tried to update the Live portion on my 360. It would not update, so according to the suggestions on the Microsoft support site, I downloaded the update onto a new Jump drive, inserted the jump drive into the Xbox, and turned it on. It showed
    that it was downloading, at the end of which the console attempted to restart... but did not restart, and a single, solid red light appeared in the center of the power button. Now the Xbox will not power on at all. When you turn it on, the light is the normal
    green color for a maybe 10 seconds, then goes out for a few seconds, before turning and staying red. The screen remains black. Any ideas what happened, or what to do? Thanks

:)

AngelaBillings1, Apr 26, 2019
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sorry to hear it. The red dot suggests a hardware failure. More than likely this is only a coincidence that it happened when updating the console. If you have a hard drive attached try removing it from the console and restart to see if that helps.

If it does not then you may need to repair or replace the console. You can check to see if your console is eligible for a repair at https;//devicesupport.microsoft.com
  3. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Red dot of death on Xbox Slim

Hi there,

Are you referring to a blinking red light? That would indicate overheating or improper ventilation. See

here

Or are you receiving a solid red light or lights?
  4. NaimaNivram28 Win User

XBOX SLIM RROD OR RDOD-loading screen freeze

the light on the console, is it a solid red light or a flashing red light?
  5. MoeZArts Win User

Xbox 360 e console and power supply has a color red light while it is on.

Hi Kai Que,

On the console, is it blinking or solid red light? A blinking red light on the power button means that your console doesn’t have enough ventilation. The red light will continue to blink until the console cools down. If solid red around the power button,
    it is possible that you will need to replace the console.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/console/power-button-blinks-red

On Power supply, flashing orange, solid red, or no light: Your power supply may need to be replaced. Try the following solutions:

1. Plug your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.
    2. If the power supply light is solid red or flashing orange, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then, plug the power supply back into the outlet.

If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced. You can
    order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply from our Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace the power supply under warranty (the power supply warranty
    is the same as your console warranty).
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

XBOX 360 tem luz vermelha continua!!!![XBOX 360 has continuous red light !!!!]

Hello JuanPablo_979,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We need a little more information to ensure that we provide the correct solution. How many red lights are appearing on the console? Is the red light flashing or a solid color? There are several different types
    of solutions based on the
    type of red light
    that the console is receiving. The link we provided has several different articles. Take a look at the list and select the article that best describes what is happening to your console. Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 live update resulted in solid red light? - Similar Threads - 360 live update

2. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  3. I need help connecting to xbox live on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help connecting to xbox live on my Xbox 360: I have an xbox 360 and I've been trying to bring up the ol thing back up but every time I try to let it connect to xbox live or sign in to any of my accounts it says can't sign in or to restart my...
  4. How to fix the failure to connect to Xbox live on the Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix the failure to connect to Xbox live on the Xbox 360: The network and Internet both say connected and Xbox live says failed so just curious how to resolve this issue before Xbox live on the 360 is shut down 7ab88792-9637-4cb3-8fcc-9b1da732c30c
  5. Wondering how to fix the failed to Xbox live on a 360

in XBoX on Windows
    Wondering how to fix the failed to Xbox live on a 360: Hi how are you doing today and I'm just wondering how to fix the failure to connect to Xbox live on the Xbox 360 I have it connected to the Internet and the network says connected and the Internet...
  6. Is anyone else having trouble logging into X-Box live on the 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is anyone else having trouble logging into X-Box live on the 360?: My X-Box 360 won't allow me to upload my profile and my Series X won't allow me to sign into X-Box Live on 360 games. I tried toggling my recurring payment for Gamepass Ultimate. Deleted my...
  7. On Xbox 360 I have a lot of downloaded games that my Xbox makes me sign in to live to play....

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360 I have a lot of downloaded games that my Xbox makes me sign in to live to play....: I have had a couple of Xbox 360s throughout the year so I don't have the console I purchased some of my titles with. I am still on the same account so I dont see why, but it always makes me sign...
  8. Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live: Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live 5258ef95-6cff-4136-82cb-4f8ad899b6fa
  9. I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...: I took it over to my moms for wifi (dont have it at my apartment yet), had it hooked up through Ethernet and its passing all the tests all the way up to Xbox Live, and then failed everytime. I...
  10. Why is my Xbox 360 saying “When conneected to Xbox Live, the clock is set automatically and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my Xbox 360 saying “When conneected to Xbox Live, the clock is set automatically and...: Every time I go to Clock on my Xbox 360 absolutely everything is right Daylighg Saving is on I am in the right Time Zone and I have the right Time Format but the weird part is is that the time is...