XBox 360 How to stop my son from downloading Maps and Games that cost money without my ...

Discus and support XBox 360 How to stop my son from downloading Maps and Games that cost money without my ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't have a problem with him on Xbox 360 Live and paying for that, but he is downloading a bunch of maps and games now that cost over $2 per..and a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CMG Retro, Jan 13, 2014.

1. CMG Retro
    CMG Retro Guest

XBox 360 How to stop my son from downloading Maps and Games that cost money without my ...

I don't have a problem with him on Xbox 360 Live and paying for that, but he is downloading a bunch of maps and games now that cost over $2 per..and a $16 game. If he would ask, I would probably let him do it, but he is just doing it and it is adding up.

How can I turn that feature off for the auto pay?

:)

CMG Retro, Jan 13, 2014
  2. Xbox Store access

Hi,

Can someone please advise how, on an Xbox One S console for a child member of a "family" I can either:

1. Block access to the Store completely (so that the option doesn;t even work) OR

2. Prevent the downloading of ALL applications from the store whatever the rating, free or purchased

I want to stop my son being able t download ANY application from the store without permission from a parent.

Thank you

John

CrushedPuppet81, Jan 13, 2014
  3. Fortnite

my 9 year old son has spent lots of my money on fortnite without realising & certainly without my permission. Can I claim the money back?

ForceableLoki28, Jan 13, 2014
  4. XBox 360 How to stop my son from downloading Maps and Games that cost money without my ...

If you're son is under 13 then you must monitor him at all times--per the Terms of Service agreement--when he is connected to Xbox LIVE. If you are monitoring him then he cannot buy things without your permission. If your son is over 13 you tell him not
    to buy things without permission.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 13, 2014
  5. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    you can always create an child account for him

ngocphi, Jan 13, 2014
  6. nZyN
    nZyN Guest
    You can set parental controls via the family setting on the dashboard (if using an Xbox 360) or you can remove your credit/debit card from his account.

7. banej
    banej Guest
    You can contact Xbox Customer Support to see about removing your credit/debit card details. If you live in the US, you can reach them at 1-800-469-9269 (1-800-4-MY-XBOX), from 6am - 1am, 7 days a week.

banej, Oct 31, 2018
  8. ngocphi Win User

XBox 360 How to stop my son from downloading Maps and Games that cost money without my permission

you can always create an child account for him
  9. banej Win User

XBox 360 How to stop my son from downloading Maps and Games that cost money without my permission

You can contact Xbox Customer Support to see about removing your credit/debit card details. If you live in the US, you can reach them at 1-800-469-9269 (1-800-4-MY-XBOX), from 6am - 1am, 7 days a week.
  10. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

If you're son is under 13 then you must monitor him at all times--per the Terms of Service agreement--when he is connected to Xbox LIVE. If you are monitoring him then he cannot buy things without your permission. If your son is over 13 you tell him not
    to buy things without permission.
  11. nZyN Win User

You can set parental controls via the family setting on the dashboard (if using an Xbox 360) or you can remove your credit/debit card from his account.
  12. SnarlyVessel790 Win User

Download free Xbox Live gold game

When logged in to my account I could play Fortnite online without errors.

It tries to sell me live gold for a cheap price(just a bit more than 1USD per month)

When I check live gold on my sons account it says that he already owns live gold.

My son was also able to download a non-360 game with pg16 although he is only 13. He is still not able to download the 360 game which is more suitable for him.

Is it possible to move the live gold to my account?

It feels awkward that kids are stopped from downloading kids game but not adult games.
Thema:

1. XBox 360 How to stop my son from downloading Maps and Games that cost money without my ... - Similar Threads - 360 stop son

2. My Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. When I put a disc in, it just says reading and then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. When I put a disc in, it just says reading and then...: My Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. When I put a disc in, it just says reading and then it’ll go back to open tray. I have tried numerous different discs. bddf303c-080c-427b-936c-bff465775784
  3. Did xbox live stop support for 360 games like Borderlands 2?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did xbox live stop support for 360 games like Borderlands 2?: I recently beaten the game and came back a few days later to find that I can't connect to xbox live for some reason playing a 360 game but I dont have a problem with xbox live playing a newer game...
  4. Hi my xbox 360 has stopped working and I wanted to transfer my games on xbox one how can I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi my xbox 360 has stopped working and I wanted to transfer my games on xbox one how can I...: Hi my xbox 360 has stopped working and I wanted to transfer my games b3410750-5869-4a16-a4c8-a9d7f03850c4
  5. I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I...: I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I haven't done anything except turn on the console. What can I do to gtop this?...
  6. My Xbox 360 controller has stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 controller has stopped working: My Xbox 360 controller has stopped working as i was using it to configure the settings for Dark Souls, i've tried everything i could, i've updated the drivers, i've checked for hardware changes....
  7. When did Microsoft stop manufacturing games and accessories for the Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    When did Microsoft stop manufacturing games and accessories for the Xbox 360?: I know that the xbox 360 stopped being manufactured in April 21 2016, but what about the xbox 360 games and controllers d56b3abe-12a6-4b0b-b791-6b7b2c5c56eb
  8. How to stop error notifications on an Xbox 360 Mega Man 10 endless attack mode

in XBoX on Windows
    How to stop error notifications on an Xbox 360 Mega Man 10 endless attack mode: When I try and play the endless attack mode in Mega Man 10, Every screen I get passed I get multiple annoying "error, not uploaded to leader board" message that covers the whole screen. It makes...
  9. 3 Xboxes, 360, XB one, XB one S of which S decided to stop reading CD’s

in XboX Insiders
    3 Xboxes, 360, XB one, XB one S of which S decided to stop reading CD’s: After recent updates, I believe they have affected my DVD drive. I have mosy digital media, but a couple of old 360 games that rarely come out of DVD sleeves. Tired several DVD 360 Games that worn...
  10. How do you stop movie narrator in XBox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you stop movie narrator in XBox 360?: All of a sudden on 2 of my 40 purchased XBox 360 movies now have a woman’s voice describing EVERYTHING that happens on screen in between dialogue and i cant stop it. Everyone else that has asked...