Xbox 360 HDD not detected

Discus and support Xbox 360 HDD not detected in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why is my Xbox 360 HDD not being detected. I've tested it on PC it works 100% and even connected it to the Xbox using a external it gets detected but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by QuintonMitchell1, May 1, 2024.

1. Xbox 360 HDD not detected

Why is my Xbox 360 HDD not being detected. I've tested it on PC it works 100% and even connected it to the Xbox using a external it gets detected but why not when it's directly connected

:)

QuintonMitchell1, May 1, 2024
  2. luissolid Win User

I NEED HELP

First let's double check that the external HDD works. Try to connect to a PC. If the PC detects the HDD, format the HDD.

The plug to your console to see it detects the HDD apply the Xbox Format again.

Hope that works!

Regards!
  3. WittyColt563933 Win User

transfering data from old xbox harddrive to new xbox slim (more complicated however)

I am having a similar problem. I have an older Xbox 360 MW2 Limited Edition with 250 GB HDD. I recently purchased Xbox 360 Slim with 320GB HDD. I didn't want to use a flash drive as copying 200+ GB's of data may take a while. I purchased an Official
    New Xbox Transfer Cable (Black cable that supports all Xbox 360 drives, so I thought). After connecting my old HDD to the cable and plugging it into my new Slim (all USB ports), it does not detect hard drive. I dont know if its cable or the transfer software
    built into Slim does not support all Official Xbox 360 hdd's or what. I did remove my 320 Slim HDD and connect it to the serial ata portion of cable and it was detected. Maybe its the other port of the cable thats bad. Help....
  4. IceStorm III Win User

Transfer cable Problems

[quote user="dt2live"]i formatted it to another type of format and now im trying to use it on my xbox 360 again. but it wont detect it.[/quote]Formatting an XBOX HDD via anything other than the console's HDD connector (A PC, a third party transfer cable)
    destroys the custom partitioning and security data applied to the drive at the factory. The drive can never be used again as a 360 HDD.
  5. H3PA80R Win User

External hard drive xbox one

6. Elohmn Win User

Hard drive not found

[quote user="ShownMoth28231"]

Just trying to get the HDD to boot up so I can swap the info to the new xbox

[/quote]This might be considered System Tampering (depends). What exactly do you mean by "swap" and "new" Xbox?

If you're trying to Transfer via an External Method of an older style HDD to a new one (with the Xbox 360 S), that is System Tampering and the Console will not detect the "old" HDD.
Thema:

Xbox 360 HDD not detected

1. Xbox 360 HDD not detected - Similar Threads - 360 HDD detected

2. Will my HDD destroy my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will my HDD destroy my Xbox 360?: Good evening. I have just purchased a new Xbox 360 after my old one had become borderline unusable, and I was considering simply plugging in my old HDD to transfer my data. The problem is, I am...
  3. On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...: on an Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc is healthy ? Is this a good way of testing whether a disc is healthy ?...
  4. Xbox 360 S not detecting HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S not detecting HDD: Hi. I am trying to replace my Xbox 360 S HDD with another drive. The drive works I've tested it in a PC but it doesn't show up on my Xbox. Can you please help b5502ffd-2726-4e21-8bba-5094212d57be
  5. Xbox 360 HDD preservation (Blades Dashboard)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 HDD preservation (Blades Dashboard): Hello, I have just received an old Xbox 360 with the original blades dashboard. The console is running a 20GB HDD, but it is showing its age. I’m looking to upgrade the drive but at the same time...
  6. I can't configure my Transcend HDD on my Xbox 360 and it shows an error. What should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't configure my Transcend HDD on my Xbox 360 and it shows an error. What should I do?: I got an Xbox 360 from my friend earlier, and I want to connect my external HDD to that. The format of my HDD is FAT32, and it says it can make it suitable for my Xbox 360 and that I should...
  7. What type of usb is on the xbox 360 4g hdd

in XBoX on Consoles
    What type of usb is on the xbox 360 4g hdd: What type of usb is on part: x854803-002 aka the 4gb hdd for the xbox 360. Is there a way to make a usb part for that or a way to access it on pc? And how do you repair it without losing any data?...
  8. Need to Find Out Capacity of Xbox 360 HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to Find Out Capacity of Xbox 360 HDD: I have an Xbox 360 HDD (for the original model, not the 2010 revision). I don't know what the capacity is. I don't have any way of powering on the console. There is a barcode with numbers on the...
  9. My Xbox 360 Slim isn't detecting its HDD when it's in its slot

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim isn't detecting its HDD when it's in its slot: So it reads the HDD only when I use an adapter in a USB port, it also reads my USB drives. It works fine without the HDD other than the fact that I can't play Destiny....
  10. Official Xbox 360 S 320gb HDD not detected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Official Xbox 360 S 320gb HDD not detected: Hi all, I have a official Xbox 360 S 320gb HDD which I took out of my Xbox 360 and formatted for use with my PC as I needed the extra space ages ago, I've recently decided to put the HDD back into...