Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive - Will It Still Work?

Discus and support Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive - Will It Still Work? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; just pulled mine out of a cupboard and tried to get it to work with an Xbox 360 slim running latest update and can’t seem to get the Xbox to recognise... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cragworth, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Cragworth
    Cragworth Guest

just pulled mine out of a cupboard and tried to get it to work with an Xbox 360 slim running latest update and can’t seem to get the Xbox to recognise the external drive?

Do they still support this as I can seem to find anything on the market place to download?

:)

Cragworth, Feb 9, 2018
  2. An Xbox Dude
    An Xbox Dude Guest
    Metro UI dashboard HD-DVD add-on drive support

HD DVDs were discontinued years ago. Plus its very rare if somebody still has one of those HD DVD drives for Xbox 360!

An Xbox Dude, Feb 9, 2018
  3. Could the hd dvd have survived?

If the xbox 360 had a hd drive instead of just a dvd drive do you think hd dvds would have won the format war?

Fear2Eternity, Feb 9, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Mine still works. Make sure you check your video apps for the HD-DVD app. That's what you'll need to use it.

Smwutches, Feb 9, 2018
  5. Cragworth
    Cragworth Guest
    I can’t find the hd-dvd app on the 360?

Cragworth, Nov 1, 2018
  6. An Xbox Dude Win User

Metro UI dashboard HD-DVD add-on drive support

HD DVDs were discontinued years ago. Plus its very rare if somebody still has one of those HD DVD drives for Xbox 360!
  7. Smwutches Win User

Xbox 360 Premium 20Gb Repair

Yes. The HD DVD drive will still work.
  8. M.Nguyen Win User

New HD DVD Player Suddenly Not Working

No self-repair. Previously I had the external 360 HD DVD drive. It failed, and recently bought I new (completely new, never used) one. The console works fine, the HD DVD Drive is the issue.
  9. bowski477 Win User

Xbox hardware improvements

If the next xbox uses blu ray disks there will be no more need for disk changing. When the original xbox 360 launched the battle between HD DVD and Blu Ray was still going on. When HD DVD lost, Xbox discontinued that disk drive.

-

As for the noise, if you install the disk to the hard drive there is no noise.
  10. Smwutches Win User

Mine still works. Make sure you check your video apps for the HD-DVD app. That's what you'll need to use it.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive - Will It Still Work? - Similar Threads - 360 DVD Drive

2. Can I burn a DVD to my XBX 360 HARD DRIVE?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I burn a DVD to my XBX 360 HARD DRIVE?: Can I burn a DVD to my Xbox 360 hard drive? e9e8f71c-7a41-4f4a-81fe-89dbc3ec23dc
  3. I need to replace my broken Xbox 360 DVD player

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to replace my broken Xbox 360 DVD player: Hi, My Xbox 360 DVD player need to be replaced, but I was told you cannot by any Xbox 360 DVD player and install it. (YES - the DVD player is broken) So, how can I get a DVD player that will...
  4. Xbox 360 S disc drive problem - menu says "Play Game" or "Play DVD" when disc is inserted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S disc drive problem - menu says "Play Game" or "Play DVD" when disc is inserted...: Hi everyone, I have an Xbox 360 Slim console that I had just replaced the disc drive in (the tray broke in the last one). The problem I am having with it is that when I insert a game disc, the...
  5. Can't open my xbox 360 dvd drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't open my xbox 360 dvd drive: I try pressing the eject button and tried a paperclip even banging it didn't work (Xbox 360 fat) 79338531-8db9-49ae-8d80-be2ff5cc8ef0
  6. XBox 360 dvd drive won't read some discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 dvd drive won't read some discs: Pretty sure the discs are scratch-free... I suspect the drive is going bad. Is there any way to diagnose if that is indeed the problem? aed6d276-66af-435a-8f5f-470e52d1ffb0
  7. My Xbox 360 no longer recognizes my DVD drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 no longer recognizes my DVD drive: Hi, My Xbox 360 ne longer recognizes my DVD drive. When I insert a disc. a multilingual message pops up saying the drive is not recognized. It used to work. I have a number of DVD games loaded...
  8. Xbox 360 disc and dvd wont play in Xbox one disc drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 disc and dvd wont play in Xbox one disc drive.: Xbox 360 disc and DVD wont play in Xbox one disc drive but Xbox one game disc do work. I've tried the disc in my old 360 and they work perfectly so I know it ain't the disc. Also the digital...
  9. my 360 drive died and i do have a HD-DVD drive, is there a way to still play my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    my 360 drive died and i do have a HD-DVD drive, is there a way to still play my games?: I was wondering if there is a possibility that i can use my HD-DVD drive to play my (more than 100) original games without having to buy a new console because the economic crisis still is in full...
  10. Xbox 360 HD DVD Drive Genuine Microsoft USB Cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 HD DVD Drive Genuine Microsoft USB Cable: Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could purchase a genuine Microsoft micro USB cable for my HD DVD drive? I could just get a cheap replacement but would like to get my hands...