Xbox 360 has limited access through internet browser app

Discus and support Xbox 360 has limited access through internet browser app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've just connected a new modem and although my xbox360 can connect and download updates from xbox live, access apps such as netflix, etc. when I try... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by steveD123_321, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Xbox 360 has limited access through internet browser app

I've just connected a new modem and although my xbox360 can connect and download updates from xbox live, access apps such as netflix, etc. when I try to access sites (even suggested sites) from the internet browser app, I am only able to connect to the
    weather channel (Bureau of Meteorology) and no others. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

steveD123_321, Nov 7, 2020
  2. ngocphi Win User

Not much you gotta remember the app is ancient and hasnt been updated in years

You arent going to find anymore updates

For an outdated browsers

The certs.are.forever dead and out of date

Every year new.standards and protocols are updated

Ie is.so.2005
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Internet Explorer

Hi,

There is no solution for this. Internet Explorer on Xbox 360 is old and is based on the PC browser from around 2012. While it did start to support new in-coming Internet standards like HTML5 it does not support the newest features of the web.

Also Apps on Xbox 360 only have access to a limited amount of system RAM. The Xbox 360 only has 512MB, modern budget smart phones have 2 - 3 times this amount now.

Put simply, the browser on your console is just too old for the modern internet.
  4. Rostom L Win User

When i stream a game from the cloud on xbox pc live app there no sound only here no issues anywhere else. HELP

Hi KingReal78!

How do you access your cloud gaming experience? Is it through the Xbox app or through an internet browser?

I suggest to try on both and see if the issue is the same.

For browser experience, use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser to access xbox.com/play website.
  5. [Farscape] Win User

Internet Explorer on Xbox 360 won't load anything past the Bing Search

because internet explorer is way our of date and no longer supported, most websites do not support IE anymore hence nothing will load, it does not support html 5 properly if at all.

this will never change now and they will not replace the browser on xbox 360 as it could not run the latest versions, xbox 360 only has limited ram and websites and modern browsers use a good amount of this.

twitch and the likes are not on the xbox 360 as it is too old and a lack of power to run the apps properly, streaming could never be done natively from the 360 due to limited resources also.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Upgrade Internet Explorer in Xbox 365

Hi

Sadly no. The browser that was added to the Xbox 360 is an old version of Internet explorer from around 2010/11. Due to hardware limitations the Xbox 360 is incapable of supporting a better internet browser, hence no more versions were made available.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 has limited access through internet browser app - Similar Threads - 360 has limited

2. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  3. Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...: I'm really curious if I can replace the Xbox series x hard drive with the Xbox 360 hard drive to play Xbox 360 games 6f9f477b-cc97-4697-af8b-5c4827b1134a
  4. So My Xbox 360 S (Model 250 G) Has BROKEN Graphics, and I don't want to send it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So My Xbox 360 S (Model 250 G) Has BROKEN Graphics, and I don't want to send it to...: I took it apart and there was nothing but the necessary things so I said "well, that is a broken HDMI port 95b9a624-d368-4269-81c0-89f1f46b5c7a
  5. I need a PSU for a xbox 360. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated....

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a PSU for a xbox 360. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated....: Xbox 360 2006 model takes a different kind of PSU than all those after 2006. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated. Where can I find a PSU for it? MFG data 2006 - 10 - 18....
  6. Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?: Has the movies and tv app already been shut down? It hasn't launched since November... 98836086-71d6-4bd2-9a38-b26c8a0a4e54
  7. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  8. Has Xbox fixed the "no active gamer profile" error when trying to play Xbox 360 games on a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Has Xbox fixed the "no active gamer profile" error when trying to play Xbox 360 games on a...: I have searched for a few hours now to try and fix this and nothing has worked. I have played with the IP and DNS settings followed by console restart. I have signed out and restarted my console...
  9. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  10. Hi my xbox 360 has stopped working and I wanted to transfer my games on xbox one how can I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi my xbox 360 has stopped working and I wanted to transfer my games on xbox one how can I...: Hi my xbox 360 has stopped working and I wanted to transfer my games b3410750-5869-4a16-a4c8-a9d7f03850c4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. which apps to use internet on Xbox 360