Xbox 360 games won't start on Xbox Series S

Discus and support Xbox 360 games won't start on Xbox Series S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello folks, since I've started using my new Xbox Series S console, I am unable to play my purchased Xbox 360 games. In particular, I can't start Lego... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by [ Daniel ], Dec 26, 2021.

1. [ Daniel ]
    [ Daniel ] Guest

Hello folks,

since I've started using my new Xbox Series S console, I am unable to play my purchased Xbox 360 games. In particular, I can't start Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Indiana Jones 2 and Portal: Still Alive, which I even bought on the Xbox Series S. All games are in the list of compatible games.

Issue:

When I try to start one of those games, the screen turns black for less than a second and then returns back to the home screen.

Steps taken:

• Reset mac address.
    • Deleted and re-installed the games.
    • Deleted local Xbox 360 storage.
    • Factory reset.
    Does anyone have an idea what the solution could be? I tried to find more information on this issue on the internet, but I wasn't able to find a solution.

Thanks in advance.

:)

[ Daniel ], Dec 26, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

kinect animal

Do you have an xbox one with kinect ?

That's is what is needed for that game

If you have series s or x it won't work

(Unless you are talking about a 360 title then you need xbox 360 with kinect
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Microsoft now owns tenchu

Hi,

The last and final set of BC games were released as part of the Xbox 20th anniversary, there won't be any more Xbox 360 or original games for the Xbox One/Series X|S.

Also, the Tenchu series of games is not owned by Activision. Activision sold the rights to the series to another developer, From Software in 2004.
  4. XBF - Dom Win User

Hello [ Daniel ],

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

After investigating, I have two possible solutions for you but first, I recommend power cycling your console and resetting its power supply. You can do that by holding the power button on the console for ten seconds, then unplugging the console from power for ten seconds before turning it back on.

1. Are you an Xbox Insider and if so, have you tried opting out and then restoring the console to its defaults?

2. Have you tried clearing your Quick Resume queue? You can do that by following the steps below:

• Press the "Nexus" button (the Xbox button) on your Xbox controller
    • Select "My Games & Apps"
      You should see a section with a drop-down menu titled "Quick Resume", select it.
    • Hover over each game listed and press the "Menu" button
    • Select "Remove from Quick Resume" option listed for each title in your Quick resume queue.
    Once you've finished clearing the queue, I recommend trying to power cycle your console and reset its power supply again.

[Let us know if this answered your question by tapping "Yes" below]
  5. Fallen4576 Win User

forza horizon 4 not starting on series s

Every time I start up forward horizon 4, it just won't let me press A to start the game and then It says controller disconnected on my Xbox series s, what can I do to fix it?
  6. Lewis Gregson Win User

Why does the game gave me error code 0x89245201

I network transferred CoD Cold War from my xbox one to series s that was on disc and now I'm getting this error code and the game won't start, can this be fixed?
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 games won't start on Xbox Series S - Similar Threads - 360 games won't

2. 360 compatible games won't connect to Xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 compatible games won't connect to Xbox live: Reset re downloaded game will continue to not connect to Xbox live on Xbox series x have 1gb internet and no issues with connection or Xbox f83858bd-4e88-4096-b549-7ae68716e635
  3. Xbox 360 game won't download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 game won't download: I bought Silent Hill HD collection for the Xbox 360 and I tried to download it to my Xbox 360 from the market place but it won't install after 79% and brings up a message saying that the game...
  4. I can't play any 360 game on my Xbox series x because it won't let me download my profile...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't play any 360 game on my Xbox series x because it won't let me download my profile...: Every time I go onto a 360 game in the past week it won't let me on xbox live and so I looked online and it says to clear local xbox 360 saved storage and stuff and it said it would work. Now I...
  5. just bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    just bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its...: bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its doing it with all my 360 games e9df6b40-85c6-47d0-80d4-805a8bb1e817
  6. My xbox series x all of a sudden won't play anyyy xbox 360 games it was now it won't do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox series x all of a sudden won't play anyyy xbox 360 games it was now it won't do...: My xbox series x all of a sudden won't play anyyy xbox 360 games it was now it won't do **** but will play my newer games but none of the 360 and I've tried everything what the heck I can't get it...
  7. I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in: Hi, How do I update my Gamertag when I'm trying to sign in on Xbox 360 games I downloaded? I've changed my gamertag and now when I try to play I've noticed that Xbox 360 games are still trying to...
  8. When wanting to play Xbox 360 games on Xbox Series X - it won't connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When wanting to play Xbox 360 games on Xbox Series X - it won't connect to Xbox Live: I downloaded a couple of games from Game Pass to play (in this instance Fallout 3 & New Vegas) When I go through the process of booting them up, it gets to the section asking to download my...
  9. xbox 360 game disc won't load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox 360 game disc won't load: It starts to load and then the dashboard reverts to 'open tray'. Any help? dda8b275-ca0d-484b-9abc-e9ab2fba7161
  10. Xbox Series S won't download Xbox 360 profile for any games?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series S won't download Xbox 360 profile for any games?: Hello, I've been having this issue for about a few months now and haven't figured out how to rectify it at all. The main issue is that the 360 emulator seems to be in the original update for the...