Xbox 360 GamerTag Change Paid, But I Didn't Use My Free One

Discus and support Xbox 360 GamerTag Change Paid, But I Didn't Use My Free One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So as the question says, Xbox wants me to pay for a gamertag change , but I didn't use my free one. Is there a way for Xbox to refund my free gamertag... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ximuni, May 4, 2021.

1. Ximuni
    Ximuni Guest

So as the question says, Xbox wants me to pay for a gamertag change , but I didn't use my free one. Is there a way for Xbox to refund my free gamertag change, that wasn't used?

:)

Ximuni, May 4, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

The free change is only given if you were given a randomly generated tag when you signed up and are changing that tag for the first time. If you previously had a tag you chose, then you technically already used your change so you would have to pay. They won't refund it.
  3. Rostom L Win User

Is there a time frame for a classic gamertag to change?

Hi Connor!

Did you mean the old gamertag system mostly used on older games and Xbox 360 games?

Did you change it using your free change or you paid for it?
  4. MrDerpyKitten Win User

Will there ever be another "Gamertag Clearout"

My gamertag is the result of when i tried to change my gamertag using my free gamertag change. it took ages but then i used this one. This is the gamertag that is right for me.

Also im sure the entire xbox 360 community would "love" a gamertag reset.

Note: when i mean "Love" i mean they will hate it
  5. bowski477 Win User

My Xbox gamertag didn't change but I paid?

How long ago did you change it? Can you try removing the account from the console and then re-adding it to see if it updates?
  6. 78c41e03-b86e-426c-9 Win User

I paid for the gamertag, but it didn't change.

In other words, I paid for a service and received only half.
    This problem problem is due to the system...

What can I do in this situation?

I suppose that a moderator can send this problem to the department specialized in this sense...
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 GamerTag Change Paid, But I Didn't Use My Free One - Similar Threads - 360 GamerTag Change

2. Recover 8 year old Gamertag from Xbox 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recover 8 year old Gamertag from Xbox 360?: My old gamertag is still associated with my Microsoft account email address and Xbox Live Online account. I have not not subscribed to Xbox Live Gold since July 2015. There is a resubscribe...
  3. I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on: I'm trying to have all my saved games that are saved onto the new account so I can continue playing 101201a2-98e0-4124-a2a7-d65698c4ade7
  4. Can't change gamertag on Xbox 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change gamertag on Xbox 360?: So I read on the Xbox forums that your gamertag can only be 12 characters long, but that if you have an Xbox 360, you can change to a 15 character long gamertag. Well, I dusted off the ol' 360,...
  5. I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag but now when I try to play Xbox 360 games they won't allow me to sign in: Hi, How do I update my Gamertag when I'm trying to sign in on Xbox 360 games I downloaded? I've changed my gamertag and now when I try to play I've noticed that Xbox 360 games are still trying to...
  6. If my account is linked on xbox 360 and series x, do both gamertags change if i change it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If my account is linked on xbox 360 and series x, do both gamertags change if i change it...: Im just wonder cause i want to change it back to a 15 character one, which i can only do on xbox 360, but will it change on my new console 88d8b472-02eb-4447-a2a6-853a933148cf
  7. I wanna change my gamertag back to my old one which is MrWaffles9931 without using a 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    I wanna change my gamertag back to my old one which is MrWaffles9931 without using a 360: I wanna change it back because of nostalgia of first getting my Xbox and it is special to me but it is one character longer and I really want it back I have tried talking to a agent but always...
  8. Can't access account after switching gamertag (Xbox 360)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't access account after switching gamertag (Xbox 360): So I recently changed my gamertag (let's just say I changed it from billybob1 to billybob2 for the sake of example) about a few months ago on an Xbox series x, now I'm trying to log onto my 360...
  9. Changed gamertag on an Xbox 360, ended up with two gamertags

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changed gamertag on an Xbox 360, ended up with two gamertags: Hello, I changed my gamertag on an Xbox 360, but now I have both the new one and the old one displayed on my account. I previously only had a single gamertag so I'm not sure what caused this. Can...
  10. Can I transfer an old xbox 360 gamertag & profile into a newly created profile on gamepass?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I transfer an old xbox 360 gamertag & profile into a newly created profile on gamepass?: I recently signed up for gamepass via windows 11, which created a new profile linked to my Microsoft account based on gmail. I have an old xbox 360 gamertag & account which was set up using the...