Xbox 360 Game Saves - Can I keep them when transferring?

Discus and support Xbox 360 Game Saves - Can I keep them when transferring? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I need a little help. In the past I put my profile onto a memory stick as I sold an old console, I've been borrowing a friends and when I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aurora420, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Aurora420
    Aurora420 Guest

Hello, I need a little help.

In the past I put my profile onto a memory stick as I sold an old console, I've been borrowing a friends and when I imported my profile, all my games saves were gone.

My friend now wants their xbox back and I'm concerned about putting my profile onto a memory stick again.

Is there anyway I can save my game saves?

Thank you in advance =]

:)

Aurora420, Oct 11, 2014
  2. Saving Messages

Can y'all start letting us save messages on our XBOX 360? Like we can save messages on cell phones. When our somebody send us a message on the 360, the longest we can keep them is 30 days. But some I would like to save....How about the minimum
    we can save is 10 messages?

New Orleans day, Oct 11, 2014
  3. Missing game data

The save data is stored separately on your consoles storage device, it doesn't get saved on your account. I'm afraid since you don't have your old console, your save games are gone. You'll keep the achievements, but to get the same progress in your games,
    you'll have to play them again.

You can back your saves up to a USB flash drive and you can now save your games to the cloud, in case you lose them again.

Cloud saving on Xbox 360

http://support.xbox.com/xbox-live/game-saves-in-the-cloud/cloud-save-games

USB storage on Xbox 360

Xbox 360 USB Flash Drive Support

Obsessive Power, Oct 11, 2014
  4. Xbox 360 Game Saves - Can I keep them when transferring?

you would have to put your game saves on the memory stick as well as they are not transfered when you put your profile on the memory stick.

IAmProjectAlice, Oct 11, 2014
  5. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    If the console is connected to live you could also upload the saves to the cloud storage & redownload them when you get a new console.

Daft Badger, Oct 31, 2018
  6. IAmProjectAlice Win User

you would have to put your game saves on the memory stick as well as they are not transfered when you put your profile on the memory stick.
  7. Daft Badger Win User

If the console is connected to live you could also upload the saves to the cloud storage & redownload them when you get a new console.
  8. StuartATrueRed Win User

Data transfer and tips

The original Xbox games saves cannot be transferred. You will have to start those games again on the Xbox One if you want to play them. As for the Xbox 360 game saves, they can be saved to the cloud using the xbox 360, and they automatically transfer over
    when you play a 360 game on the One. All saves on the Xbox One are stored on the cloud, and on the Xbox One. You can find the saves for each game by highlighting your game on my games and apps, press the menu button on controller and select manage game, and
    from there you can find your saves.
  9. Internet Expert Win User

USB Transfer Issues

When the Xbox 360 formats a flash drive, all of the files are stored in a proprietary Xbox 360 file system that is only partially viewable to PCs.
    Modifying the contents on the drive can potentially corrupt the files and render them unreadable on the Xbox 360.

Keep in mind that your Xbox Live profile and avatar items should already be stored in the Microsoft cloud, especially if you connected your Xbox to the internet recently. Locally saved games on the Xbox 360 can also be transferred to the cloud (if you currently have
    an active Gold subscription). I suggest transferring all of your saved games to the cloud in case you want to access them on another Xbox 360 or the Xbox One.
  10. RandyAU93 Win User

Upgrade a guest profile from 360?

When you transform the guest profile into a Microsoft account, it will have access to all Xbox Live services, including the ability to transfer Xbox 360 cloud-saved game saves to Xbox One. Keep in mind that Xbox Live Gold is required to enable Xbox 360
    cloud-saves. Your offline account's Gamerscore, achievements and game saves are all available and become part of the new profile, but they cannot be transferred to any existing Microsoft account and gamertag.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Game Saves - Can I keep them when transferring? - Similar Threads - 360 Game Saves

2. Can I upload an RE5 saved game from the 360 to play on the One or Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I upload an RE5 saved game from the 360 to play on the One or Series X?: I have a saved RE5 game on ICloud from the 360. Can I use that saved game on the Xbox One/Series X? I really don't want to restart that game over again. I have the game loaded on the One and...
  3. If i download an xbox 360 game from the disc and after i saved a game i delete it and buy...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i download an xbox 360 game from the disc and after i saved a game i delete it and buy...: If i download an xbox 360 game from the disc and after i saved a game, i deleted and buy the game from the store. The save remains? 366c72a8-2ee3-4d4c-97e4-ca19dff66b83
  4. How do I save my Xbox 360 games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I save my Xbox 360 games?: I really want to play Lego Star Wars, but I'm having trouble saving my progress. The solution is supposed to be picking where to save it, but when I try clicking on "Cloud saved games," it's not...
  5. I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on: I'm trying to have all my saved games that are saved onto the new account so I can continue playing 101201a2-98e0-4124-a2a7-d65698c4ade7
  6. How do I get Xbox 360 game to save on Xbox one x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get Xbox 360 game to save on Xbox one x: Sorry, this profile can't connect to Xbox Live on this console. To fix it, download it again. OK You have not signed into a Gamer Profile. You will need to sign in to a Gamer Profile and then...
  7. Corrupted game save or not? Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Corrupted game save or not? Xbox 360: Skate 2, skate 3, resident evil 5, rock and 2 game is saying that game save is corrupted. But looking at it under the xbox storage settings, it's not showing the yellow exclamation mark it's...
  8. How to fix XBOX 360 S corrupted files (system file, profiles, game saves/downloads) and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix XBOX 360 S corrupted files (system file, profiles, game saves/downloads) and...: The title pretty much shows it all. How to fix? I can't save on any more games and play certain games, nor connect to Xbox Live since it needs a update and the error code is a code i've never...
  9. How can I get my 360 saved games to my Series X? I have tried Flash Drive. Cloud is only...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I get my 360 saved games to my Series X? I have tried Flash Drive. Cloud is only...: I have tried using a flash drive, and it does not work. If format on the 360 and copy the saved game the Series X don't read the drive as a "Game and App" external drive. I want to copy to Cloud,...
  10. How do I make a Xbox 360 account so I can save my gameplay on my games? On new gen

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I make a Xbox 360 account so I can save my gameplay on my games? On new gen: Need help I need to make a Xbox 360 account and somehow put it on my new gen so I can save my Xbox 360 gameplay d850d155-ad32-45df-89bb-6e2a8875b33e