xbox 360 Fat hard disk doesn't cooperate

Discus and support xbox 360 Fat hard disk doesn't cooperate in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So long story short: My xboxfat recently died, so I saved the hard disk (60GB HHD) for the transfer to my new slim. I even bought online the transfer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zanthia Khala, Mar 13, 2018.

1. xbox 360 Fat hard disk doesn't cooperate

So long story short:

My xboxfat recently died, so I saved the hard disk (60GB HHD) for the transfer to my new slim.

I even bought online the transfer cable, but the slim doesn't begin the transfer process. Instead, the hard disk of the Fat only appears as "unformated" and only asks to be formatted in order to use it.

Wish I cannot do since I cannot lost all the files contained inside!! Please, whan can I do?

:)

Zanthia Khala, Mar 13, 2018
  2. US Revenge
    US Revenge Guest
    Xbox does not want to read a clean fresh mint disc ... SUPER FRUSTRATED

if this is the old fat xbox when the disk tray goes in the box physically push the tray in a bit harder and hold it. if that doesn't work you will have to call support or something.

US Revenge, Mar 13, 2018
  3. Sparrow69
    Sparrow69 Guest
    360 will not recognize proper format/transfered data

Unfortunately doesn't work. The problem definitely lies with copying the files from my pc to the external disk. I've tried 2 different ext. hd and 2 different xboxs and same problem, I cannot get the 360 to recognize my saved files when I copy them from
    my pc to the xbox formatted usb key/external hard disk. I've formatted the drives to fat 32 through my 360 and also with my pc and still have the same issue.

Sparrow69, Mar 13, 2018
  4. LennoxDaCat
    LennoxDaCat Guest

Hell, what you're seeing there would indicate that the transfer cable is not a Microsoft certified genuine cable, do not proceed with that format or you'll end up not only losing all your data but the hard drive will be useless as an Xbox hard drive. The
    official cable never asks you to format the hard drive they just do the transfer nothing else. You'll need to source a genuine cable or maybe borrow one from a friend if you know someone who has the cable already.

LennoxDaCat, Mar 13, 2018
  5. LennoxDaCat Win User

Hell, what you're seeing there would indicate that the transfer cable is not a Microsoft certified genuine cable, do not proceed with that format or you'll end up not only losing all your data but the hard drive will be useless as an Xbox hard drive. The
    official cable never asks you to format the hard drive they just do the transfer nothing else. You'll need to source a genuine cable or maybe borrow one from a friend if you know someone who has the cable already.
  6. BenitoRigolo Win User

Ninja Gaiden Black won't start

My hard drive is this one:

Xbox 360 Fat (320 GB) Hard Disk... https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00E2SHJJ6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
  7. H4cTh0R Win User

Cannot launche Halo : Anniversary from Hard Drive Disk

Walking dead is a disk, when installed I put the disk in the disk tray and the game start (from the hard drive).

When Halo is installed (and the disk in the disk tray), if i launch the game, the game will not launch from the hard drive.

I have a FAT 360 (rodded once), I have to take care of his life span, i need to play from Hard drive.

Any solution??
  8. Sparrow69 Win User

360 will not recognize proper format/transfered data

Unfortunately doesn't work. The problem definitely lies with copying the files from my pc to the external disk. I've tried 2 different ext. hd and 2 different xboxs and same problem, I cannot get the 360 to recognize my saved files when I copy them from
    my pc to the xbox formatted usb key/external hard disk. I've formatted the drives to fat 32 through my 360 and also with my pc and still have the same issue.
  9. US Revenge Win User

Xbox does not want to read a clean fresh mint disc ... SUPER FRUSTRATED

if this is the old fat xbox when the disk tray goes in the box physically push the tray in a bit harder and hold it. if that doesn't work you will have to call support or something.
Thema:

1. xbox 360 Fat hard disk doesn't cooperate - Similar Threads - 360 Fat hard

2. Xbox 360 not turning on

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 not turning on: I don’t know what happened but for some reason whenever I try to plug it in and turn it on, literally Nothing happens. Like there’s no rrod or lights the psu doesn’t even change there’s just...
  3. How do I get my xbox 360 fat to display to my monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my xbox 360 fat to display to my monitor?: All of the cables are plugged in and the xbox turns on and allows controllers to connect to it. we've already tried changing cables and that doesn't work. it just does not display to my monitor...
  4. How do i open my xbox 360 fat power brick and clean the fan/cooler?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i open my xbox 360 fat power brick and clean the fan/cooler?: So my xbox 360 fat power brick makes weird fan noises, and i wanna se the actuall fan so i opened it, and its covered by metal plate. How do i get rid of it? b9553b28-03c1-4596-bfdd-9ee0d8d907ea
  5. Need a new Xbox 360 after my fat one RROD again (after repair). Recommendations, with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need a new Xbox 360 after my fat one RROD again (after repair). Recommendations, with...: I am sick and tired of dealing with RROD with my fat Xbox 360's. This is my 3rd one. It RROD in June 2021, got it repaired, only to have it ROR again 3 months later. I opened the power brick and...
  6. Xbox one fat not inizialize any dvd game 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one fat not inizialize any dvd game 360: Hello, i have a issue with my xbox one fat about installation the xbox360 games by original disk, when insert disk, nothing happen. Trough this comunity chat i fallow all indication and applied...
  7. ¿Por que se mi consola esta baneada? Xbox 360 FAT [Translation - Why is my console banned? ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    ¿Por que se mi consola esta baneada? Xbox 360 FAT [Translation - Why is my console banned? ...: Recientemente adquiere una consola Xbox 360 FAT, al momento de conectarla a Xbox Live, me aparecio el aviso de que la consola estaba baneada ¿por que motivo? La consola, no esta abierta, ni...
  8. when i start fifa 2018 on my xbox 360 fat console the screen stays black and the game does not ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    when i start fifa 2018 on my xbox 360 fat console the screen stays black and the game does not ...: when i start fifa 2018 on my xbox 360 fat console the screen stays black and the game does not start. My game is digital and it is on the hard drive. I need you to help me, I just bought the game...
  9. Putting a SSD inside a fat Xbox 360 hard drive enclosure

in XBoX on Consoles
    Putting a SSD inside a fat Xbox 360 hard drive enclosure: I was wondering, can anyone put a SSD inside a fat, Xbox 360 HDD enclosure (no hacking), without violating the Terms of Service? Because of the recent 2015 update, gamers would hook up a 2TB...
  10. Xbox 360 Fat - Stuttering Green Lights Bootup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Fat - Stuttering Green Lights Bootup: So I bought an essentially new condition Xbox 360 Fat (white, OG model) and whether I turn it on via the controller, console itself, with or without the HDD attached, the green lights do the boot...