Xbox 360 Elite Controllers not connecting to Xbox, batteries fine, need help!!

Discus and support Xbox 360 Elite Controllers not connecting to Xbox, batteries fine, need help!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys, The other day my xbox 360 controller suddenly refused to maintain a connection to the console for more than a few seconds, and it needed a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Esme Vakarian, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Xbox 360 Elite Controllers not connecting to Xbox, batteries fine, need help!!

Hey guys,

The other day my xbox 360 controller suddenly refused to maintain a connection to the console for more than a few seconds, and it needed a long time to connect. I had to hit the sync buttons on the controller and console to get it to connect, and it
    only lasted a few seconds. This issue is on both controllers. The batteries are fine, fresh batteries in both controllers, and I tried the USB connection to see if that would help, and it didn't.

I popped into Game and asked them, and they suggested that I changed the wireless connector on the Xbox itself.

I've done a quick search online for spare parts, but I can't tell one damn piece of hardware from another. Do I need a new wireless connector? Or does anyone have any advice? I want to avoid replacing my console if I can, I know it's an old baby, but
    it's served me well, and I can't really afford to replace it right now...

Basically I need advice!

Thankyou

:)

Esme Vakarian, Aug 18, 2014
  2. 24onFox
    24onFox Guest
    Q's about Xbox controller / batteries and recharging

If we place other brand AA rechargeable batteries (NiMh) in the xbox one controller (regular or elite) and if we connect the USB cable to the controller Will it recharge the batteries?

If there is no batteries in the controller and you connect controllers/usb cable to the Xbox or any other power source will the controller work as if it's a wired controller?

24onFox, Aug 18, 2014
  3. xSlickVic
    xSlickVic Guest
    Green light wont turn on

Like sM4llziE Said , have you tried syncing your controller to your xbox 360 ? . if not try these steps in order to do that, if that doesn't help try changing the batteries or charging it if you have the play & charge kit. if that doesn't work either it
    try connecting other controllers if possible. if other controller's work then you have a defective controller and you should contact 1800-4MY-XBOX for a replacement request. and also just a note all accessories that come with your xbox 360 have a 90 day warranty.

support.xbox.com/.../connecting-game-controllers

xSlickVic, Aug 18, 2014
  4. Xbox 360 Elite Controllers not connecting to Xbox, batteries fine, need help!!

Hey there Esme Vakarian!

Sorry to hear about the controller issues. I recommend checking out our Xbox 360 Wireless Controller disconnects troubleshooting page
    for some helpful steps. If you continue to experience issue with your controllers not connecting, your console may need to be repaired. You can reach out to our Phone Support on our Contact Us page
    or process the repair through our Online Service center. Keep in mind that any sort of self repair will void the warranty on your console.

Mister Quimby, Aug 21, 2014
  5. Hey Mister Quimby, thanks for your reply.

I've already checked the controller troubleshooting page, and none of those things are problems. When I bought my Xbox second hand, one of the reasons it was low in price was because the previous owner had opened it once to dust it, and that meant I bought
    it on the understanding that the warranty was void since the seal had been broken. I just wondered if I needed to replace the Xbox's sensor for the controllers?

Thanks,

Esme Xbox 360 Elite Controllers not connecting to Xbox, batteries fine, need help!! :)

Esme Vakarian, Aug 24, 2014
  6. Hey Esme Vakarian!

Sorry to hear the issue continues after trying the listed troubleshooting steps. Unfortunately if you have exhausted all troubleshooting steps, your console may need to be replaced due to the sensor issue. I am truly sorry to hear about any inconveniences
    this may have caused.

Mister Quimby, Aug 25, 2014
  7. Heey,

Damn, I thought that might be the case... I'm pretty sure I couldn't take my Xbox apart to successfully install a new sensor anyway. Hopefully I can find another second hand one until I can afford a nice new one.

Thanks for all your help, it's much appreciated!

While I'm here, can I ask quickly how I can transfer my games' save files onto the new xbox if the controllers are acting up? Or will they come across when I sign into Xbox live on the new one?

Many thanks,

Esme.

Esme Vakarian, Aug 27, 2014
  8. Xbox 360 Elite Controllers not connecting to Xbox, batteries fine, need help!!

Hey Esme Vakarian!

Your game saves will be accessible if you have saved your games to the cloud. Which means that you can download them once you sign in to the new console. You can find out more information on how to set this up if you haven't already on our store
    your saved games in the cloud
    page.

Mister Quimby, Oct 31, 2018
  9. Esme Vakarian Win User

Heey,

Damn, I thought that might be the case... I'm pretty sure I couldn't take my Xbox apart to successfully install a new sensor anyway. Hopefully I can find another second hand one until I can afford a nice new one.

Thanks for all your help, it's much appreciated!

While I'm here, can I ask quickly how I can transfer my games' save files onto the new xbox if the controllers are acting up? Or will they come across when I sign into Xbox live on the new one?

Many thanks,

Esme.
  10. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey Esme Vakarian!

Sorry to hear the issue continues after trying the listed troubleshooting steps. Unfortunately if you have exhausted all troubleshooting steps, your console may need to be replaced due to the sensor issue. I am truly sorry to hear about any inconveniences
    this may have caused.
  11. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there Esme Vakarian!

Sorry to hear about the controller issues. I recommend checking out our Xbox 360 Wireless Controller disconnects troubleshooting page
    for some helpful steps. If you continue to experience issue with your controllers not connecting, your console may need to be repaired. You can reach out to our Phone Support on our Contact Us page
    or process the repair through our Online Service center. Keep in mind that any sort of self repair will void the warranty on your console.

12. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey Esme Vakarian!

Your game saves will be accessible if you have saved your games to the cloud. Which means that you can download them once you sign in to the new console. You can find out more information on how to set this up if you haven't already on our store
    your saved games in the cloud
    page.
  13. Esme Vakarian Win User

Hey Mister Quimby, thanks for your reply.

I've already checked the controller troubleshooting page, and none of those things are problems. When I bought my Xbox second hand, one of the reasons it was low in price was because the previous owner had opened it once to dust it, and that meant I bought
    it on the understanding that the warranty was void since the seal had been broken. I just wondered if I needed to replace the Xbox's sensor for the controllers?

Thanks,

Esme :)
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Elite Controllers not connecting to Xbox, batteries fine, need help!! - Similar Threads - 360 Elite Controllers

2. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  3. I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update: Does my Xbox 360 console need any updates that I am not aware of 70a07d6f-ae55-4f3c-8c1f-41f88fb585b2
  4. Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?: Is it true that using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to your game disk and hard disk? I heard it around, so maybe this console was not "ready" to work good vertically. I just bought the support...
  5. Xbox live on Xbox 360 isn't connecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live on Xbox 360 isn't connecting: I tried to sign in to Xbox live and it gave me an error code 8015190E and it said your console can't connect to Xbox live and to check my Internet connection and I did but everything was fine so I...
  6. how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller: how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller eff96eac-d791-4d15-bf0a-44991cf03387
  7. Xbox 360 Elite power supply light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Elite power supply light: I have a Xbox 360 Elite and the power supply light is orange when I am using the console. Is this normal? Thanks ec522ef2-d4f1-4329-809d-b632280e2257
  8. While using an elite controller s2, the mic will not work well on 360 game but it will work...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While using an elite controller s2, the mic will not work well on 360 game but it will work...: When I’m using my elite controller, I try to go in the 360 game my mic doesn’t work but if I switch to a normal controller it does work but not with my elite controller...
  9. Updated faild Xbox 360 elite 2014

in XBoX Accessibility
    Updated faild Xbox 360 elite 2014: [img] Can't process the update. If the problem persists, go to www.xbox.com/support. Status Code: 4451-4497-1381-0300 - C800-0036 Any help please 82021126-55fa-4e11-9b8b-dd779a407771
  10. Xbox 360 Elite Problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Elite Problems: so, the other day i bought an xbox 360 Elite manufactured in January 2008 with a Falcon V1 motherboard. The first 2 times i powered it on it had RROD, showing "general hardware failure" but the...