Xbox 360 E version Red Light on startup

Discus and support Xbox 360 E version Red Light on startup in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi.. so I have an Xbox 360 E that i bought. I had recently noticed that sometimes when I start the Xbox it doesn't boot and instead the power button... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Percy Jakcson345, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Xbox 360 E version Red Light on startup

Hi.. so I have an Xbox 360 E that i bought. I had recently noticed that sometimes when I start the Xbox it doesn't boot and instead the power button would remain green for a few seconds and then light up in red instead of the green light. This light doesn't blink. This usually would go after a few reboots but after a few days the Xbox couldn't be booted at all. It always shows the light Immediately after pressing the power button. Even if i disconnect all my peripherals which consists of a USB cable extender connected to a Xbox rechargeable battery pack cable and a HDD containing some games connected using a SATA to USB case. I would like to know if there is anything that can be done by me to fix this issue.
    Thanks

:)

Percy Jakcson345, Feb 23, 2022
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

I see. So sorry my friend, but usually when that happens is a hardware issue. :(
  3. Percy Jakcson345 Win User

Well thanks. I was planning on doing that but i was wondering if theres anything that I could do it would be great as it will be a few months till I can get a vacation leave from school.
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Percy, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Usually, the red light on the xbox 360 power button means that is something wrong with your console's hardware. :/

In that case, I suggest you take your console to a repair store for a check-up on its hardware, Percy.
  5. CloudierGrain90 Win User

xbox 360 E red light on startup

First up thanks to everyone that has responded to my query.

To answer some of the questions I have some feedback below which highlights what I have carried out todate, in all 4 tests the light sequence 4433 occurs - this equates to E15 - MS:"Error code E15 occurs when you use your Xbox 360 console". I seriously
    cannot believe that it said that!

1. Removed all peripheral devices from mother board and cleaned out any dust from around the fan and micro. FYI there was very little dust/dirt around board. I noted some heat paste around the micro, but not alot and it was still quite moist (so maybe this
    is ok). I then put all peripheral's along with AV cable back into unit and as expected the red light appeared.

2. I then removed wifi module without AV cable being plugged in and unit as expected powers up ok, however when plugging in the AV cable unit shuts down with red light after approx 5sec.

3. I then removed cd drive again without AV cable powered up device. All was ok until plugged in AV cable.

4. Finally I removed hdd, where again I had not connected AV cable. As expected device powered up ok, but when plugging in AV cable device shutdown.

So in reviewing above it looks very much like an AV cable issue. However before committing to this, does anyone know if the hdd or cd drive would start up if AV cable wasn't plugged in. I couldn't hear hdd doing anything while AV cable not plugged in!
    The AV cable could be a trigger to start the cd drive and possibly hdd (so these may still be causing the problem). I just put multimeter on AV cable and all 3 leads buzzed out ok, was unsure why the ground was in the middle of the connector (maybe this
    is an issue, can anyone advice)?

Final question for this reply... I seen that some people carryout a reflow on main micro, is this worth a go, as it sounds like a risk if temperature not correct or apply heat for too long. As the Error Code makes me think I have to return the box now!
    If return what do they replace... mother board, RAM..? Hence I reflow might be worth a final punt.

Any feedback welcome on any points written above. I'll maybe buy a new AV cable before thinking about reflow of micro.
  6. QuickMythril Win User

xbox 360 E red light on startup

that's the 360E version of the "Red Ring of Death".

you can get a little more detail on what type of error you have. by pressing the sync and eject buttons you can retrieve a 4 digit error code which is a Base 4 (Quaternary) equivalent to the error code given when the console boots up and displays an error
    screen rather than not booting at all. the error screen would give this code in the Decimal "E##" format.

to get your secondary code, hold sync, then press eject. this will give you the first digit based on the number of flashing lights. press eject a second time for the second digit, again for the 3rd, and again for the 4th. pressing it again will return
    to the original regular red light pattern. (on the older consoles, a number of lights will light up 1-4, 4 is equal to a 0 in the code. think of the 4 lights making a circle or 0. newer consoles do not have the dual green-red leds, so they flash a particular
    number of times if i am not mistaken, rather than lighting up a certain number of ring sections.)

knowing this code can sometimes help narrow down the issue. you can use this link to convert your secondary code to an E## error code: (for example 0102 or "4142" would be E18)

www.metric-conversions.org/.../base-4-quaternary-to-decimal.htm

you can then look up your E code here:
    support.xbox.com/.../error-code-lookup

however most E codes will either be not found or just say, "This means there may be a problem with the Xbox console hardware." which i think you have already figured out by this point, lol. anyway i have a lot of experience with broken 360 consoles, so
    if you can post back with your more specific error code, perhaps i can help a little more.

most likely it would need some repair work, and 360E being a newer model, it's likely still under warranty, so the cost could be covered by MS.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 E version Red Light on startup - Similar Threads - 360 version Red

2. is there a way to get previous versions of my Xbox 360 worlds back so I can play before an...

in XBoX on Windows
    is there a way to get previous versions of my Xbox 360 worlds back so I can play before an...: My sister built an unwanted structure in my minecraft world and I was wandering if there was a way to load a previous version of the world? I play on an Xbox 360....
  3. My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...

in XBoX on Windows
    My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...: Status Code= 3F45 -4497-1381-0300-C800-0036 This code is coming again and again 9cb1142d-31ae-4d99-a8b4-8c0888797a08
  4. Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game: I was just wondering if I can play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. I have found it on the Xbox website but I don't know if I'll be able to play it. Thank you I actually miss playing...
  5. NFS Rivals (XBOX 360 Version)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NFS Rivals (XBOX 360 Version): Need For Speed Rivals, xbox 360 version, can run on xbox series X? I asked this because i got the disc. f9d781c0-93ad-4769-8643-42cf58bd9829
  6. Trying to play original xbox version scarface on an xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play original xbox version scarface on an xbox 360: So this game is backwards compatible on a 360 however when I try to play it it brings up a game error telling me the game couldn't start and to try downloading the game again, I am unsure as to...
  7. the orange box full version not available on xbox 360 marketplace

in XBoX Games and Apps
    the orange box full version not available on xbox 360 marketplace: I wanted to purchase the orange box off of xbox 360 marketplace for my xbox series s but i can only download the demo version which does not work on series s did it get removed?...
  8. Why can’t I play Red Dead Redemption the 360 version on my Xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play Red Dead Redemption the 360 version on my Xbox one?: I been trying to log in and it keeps saying error, I cleared my MAC address so I was able to get to the login screen but it downloads at almost 75% then tells me I’m unable to sign in. All this...
  9. When did cod ghosts Xbox 360 version got removed and when will it be Available?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When did cod ghosts Xbox 360 version got removed and when will it be Available?: So I was scrolling down to the Microsoft store on my Xbox one and so I’ve decided that I wanted to buy the xbox 360 version of ghosts so typed it in and I realized that it wasent available and I...
  10. What is the newest system update version for Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the newest system update version for Xbox 360?: What is the newest system update version for Xbox 360? 51ef5820-83e0-46f9-9d61-b0156307507f