Xbox 360 E from USA Issue to Plug in India

Discus and support Xbox 360 E from USA Issue to Plug in India in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Need help as my X box 360 E is purchased from USA (date of manufacture is in September 2013) and power sully mentions 100-125 V option only so it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AB Gamer, Oct 11, 2020.

1. AB Gamer
    AB Gamer Guest

Hi

Need help as my X box 360 E is purchased from USA (date of manufacture is in September 2013) and power sully mentions 100-125 V option only so it means it would not work if directly connected to 220V power supply in India.

I have few options like getting a step down voltage converter of around 200W but problem with them in India is that they break down too often and very cumbersome.

Other option for which I need help is - If I can get original Microsoft power supply to be used in India..does microsoft sell this in India?

If not, then any suggestions on genuine power supply for my console for 220V and also any good quality step down converter available in India would be great to get!

:)

AB Gamer, Oct 11, 2020
  2. ChiefJoboo Win User

US based Xbox 360 S compatibility with other Xbox models available is India

1) can 250 GB hard disk of existing Xbox 360 S model (US based) compatible with other Xbox models available in India (Xbox 360 S, Xbox 360 E and Xbox one and so ....)?

Yes, they're all interchangeable with other xbox 360 models except the original white xbox 360, which uses a different hard drive on top. The xbox one's hard drive can not be switched.

2) can kinect sensor of existing Xbox 360 S model (US based) compatible with other Xbox models available in India (Xbox 360 S, Xbox 360 E and Xbox one and so ....)?

Yes, they are all compatibly with each other. Note that the kinect for xbox one will not work on xbox 360 as that's a Kinect 2.0 and the xbox 360 must use a kinect 1.0.

3) can remote (joystick) of existing Xbox 360 S model (US based) compatible with other Xbox models available in India (Xbox 360 S, Xbox 360 E and Xbox one and so ....)?

Yes, you can use all xbox 360 controllers on all other xbox 360s. But you can not use them on an xbox one, you'll need an xbox one controller.

-------------------

One thing that won't work is the power supply/power brick. The USA uses 110V/60hz while India uses 220v/50hz and if you plug in the wrong power supply it will literally destroy your USA console - like smoke and maybe fire.

Also, digital games bought in another region may not work anymore if you migrate your account to India

https://live.xbox.com/accountmigration
    Make sure you read all the warnings before you migrate your account.

Disc games from the USA will NOT work in an India console because they are region locked. a PAL console (India) can NOT play an NSTC (USA) game. It's the same as DVD region locks. Xbox one does not have this disc region lock but xbox 360 does.
  3. RemotePaper23 Win User

xbox one purchase from USA use in India

Hi djnairrocks,

Can you suggest any reliable step down transformer. I have bought a Xbox 360 from USA to India. Any Online Link or Website to buy from.
  4. Olegdr Win User

Don't buy XBOX in USA and use it in India

Hey, SizedBarley18.

Why not just buy a generic power converter from USA voltage to India Voltage? Plug the X360 into that and then plug it into the outlet.

This is what we do here in Israel often when we bring electric appliances from N.America.
  5. kailas_k Win User

US based Xbox 360 S compatibility with other Xbox models available is India

Thanks a lot ChiefJoboo for quick turnaround.

One thing that won't work is the power supply/power brick. The USA uses 110V/60hz while India uses 220v/50hz and if you plug in the wrong power supply it will literally destroy your USA console - like smoke and maybe fire.

- Yes I got your point. I have Universal power supply which is working fine for me.

Also, digital games bought in another region may not work anymore if you migrate your account to India

https://live.xbox.com/accountmigration
    Make sure you read all the warnings before you migrate your account.

- Agreed.

Showing below message while migrating my account. I think its already migrated earlier.

'Sorry, unfortunately it seems you have already changed your Xbox 360 account region in the past 12 months'

Disc games from the USA will NOT work in an India console because they are region locked. a PAL console (India) can NOT play an NSTC (USA) game. It's the same as DVD region locks. Xbox one does not have this disc region lock but xbox 360 does.

- Agreed.
  6. CausticMeteor7 Win User

Dead Rising 2 Case zero download issue

I am from india but my account is in USA region. This issue happened to me for fable 3, but it some how later worked
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 E from USA Issue to Plug in India - Similar Threads - 360 USA Issue

2. How do I change the locale settings of my Xbox 360 from USA to India

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change the locale settings of my Xbox 360 from USA to India: I got into contact with one of the executive Jonalyn D. He told me to change it to buy games from Xbox marketplace in India. So how do I do it? 4e9a240d-fdc5-4d2b-b587-4f767fda5fa0
  3. Will my Chinese Xbox 360 work in the USA?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will my Chinese Xbox 360 work in the USA?: I'm currently living in China, but moving to the USA. Can I take my Xbox 360 with me? From what I understand, all I need to do is buy a new power brick in the States, so that the voltage is...
  4. Can i use Xbox 360 from Australia in USA

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i use Xbox 360 from Australia in USA: Am moving to USA from Australia and wondering if you can use console from Australia in USA (i guess you would need a new power pack) however will it work even with new power pack? It was one of...
  5. can i buy a xbox 360 digital copy in usa and download it in brazil?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can i buy a xbox 360 digital copy in usa and download it in brazil?: Hi, i want to buy a digital copy of Injustice Gods Among Us for Xbox 360 and download it in Brazil where my kids are. Is this possible? NOTE: the console was bought in USA...
  6. Can't purchase Gold-Free Xbox 360 games from outside USA, Payemnt methods

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't purchase Gold-Free Xbox 360 games from outside USA, Payemnt methods: Hi, I'm in Sweden and I've joined GOLD. I have many payment methods in my Account and I have an Xbox One. When I try to purchase (download) a free gold Xbox 360 game, the store redirect me to the...
  7. Will my european (region 2) XBOX 360 play a DVD from the USA (region 1)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will my european (region 2) XBOX 360 play a DVD from the USA (region 1)?: Will my european (region 2) XBOX 360 play a DVD from the USA (region 1)? 7b8dff60-c074-43f1-a8dc-289c5cb7113d
  8. Using a UK XBox 360 in the USA

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using a UK XBox 360 in the USA: Hi all. After much Googling (or should I say instead Binging here), I can't find the answer to my particular problem. I'm moving to the USA soon and deliberating whether it would make sense to...
  9. Xbox 360 bought in Australia. Moved to USA. charger / adapter needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 bought in Australia. Moved to USA. charger / adapter needed: Purchased xbox 360 in Australia. Moved to US recently. I am looking for the cable / charger to power up the Xbox360. Where can i get the accessories for cables? what are the ways to power it up....
  10. Xbox 360 : UK to USA

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 : UK to USA: Hi My sons have an Xbox 360 plus a multitude of games, all purchased in the UK. Next month we are moving to the US. I have received mixed messages regarding whether the console and games will...