Xbox 360 disk on Xbox one launches blu ray player instead of the game

Discus and support Xbox 360 disk on Xbox one launches blu ray player instead of the game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently tried to play Halo Reach on my Xbox one, when I put the disk in (it's a 360 disk obvs) it opens blu ray player then gives me error 0x91d70001.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Scot1shSqu1rrel, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Xbox 360 disk on Xbox one launches blu ray player instead of the game

Recently tried to play Halo Reach on my Xbox one, when I put the disk in (it's a 360 disk obvs) it opens blu ray player then gives me error 0x91d70001.

Any solutions? The disk is completely clean...

:)

Scot1shSqu1rrel, Apr 24, 2018
  2. donnyh83
    donnyh83 Guest
    why was this game on 2 discs

I think it is because the 360 uses HD DVD'S, most games that I have seen have been on 2 disks. With the XBOX One changing to Blu-ray disks, all game should be on one disk. Blu-ray disks can hold a lot more data than a HD DVD can.

donnyh83, Apr 24, 2018
  3. Questions about Xbox One

Xbox one isnt compatible with xbox 360 games because the xbox one has a blu-ray disk drive.

TheSeaCucumber0, Apr 24, 2018
  4. laxnigel
    laxnigel Guest

Hey there!

A couple ideas/questions:

1)Is this disc the same region code as the console? (can't use PAL and NTSC together)

2) Do any other discs work, besides that one? Try other discs if you have not already.

3) is the disc a legitimate copy, or could it be a pirated copy?

Post back here and let me know what you got!

Thanks!

^NNigel

laxnigel, Apr 24, 2018
  5. bowski477 Win User

Xbox hardware improvements

If the next xbox uses blu ray disks there will be no more need for disk changing. When the original xbox 360 launched the battle between HD DVD and Blu Ray was still going on. When HD DVD lost, Xbox discontinued that disk drive.

-

As for the noise, if you install the disk to the hard drive there is no noise.
  6. WeepinProphet Win User

Problem reading dvd discs?

Hey, guys, I'm having the same issue with my Xbox one not playing dvds. When I put the disc in the Blu-ray player app launches and then gives me this message. "We are having trouble reading this. Make sure it's a Blu-ray or DVD. If it's a game try launching
    it from your game & app instead ( 0x91d70000) ". It plays Blu-ray and game discs just fine.
  7. WeepinProphet Win User

Problem reading dvd discs?

Hey,guys I'm having the issue with my Xbox one not playing dvds. When I put them in the blue ray player app launches and then gives me this message. " We are having trouble reading this. Make sure it's a Blu-ray or DVD. If it's a game, launch it from your
    games & apps instead. ( 0x91d7000)." It plays Blu-ray and game discs just fine
  8. TheSeaCucumber0 Win User

Questions about Xbox One

Xbox one isnt compatible with xbox 360 games because the xbox one has a blu-ray disk drive.
  9. donnyh83 Win User

why was this game on 2 discs

I think it is because the 360 uses HD DVD'S, most games that I have seen have been on 2 disks. With the XBOX One changing to Blu-ray disks, all game should be on one disk. Blu-ray disks can hold a lot more data than a HD DVD can.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 disk on Xbox one launches blu ray player instead of the game - Similar Threads - 360 disk launches

2. Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?: Is it true that using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to your game disk and hard disk? I heard it around, so maybe this console was not "ready" to work good vertically. I just bought the support...
  3. If I buy a Xbox 360 Left 4 Dead 2 disk, will I be able to put it in my Xbox One and play it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy a Xbox 360 Left 4 Dead 2 disk, will I be able to put it in my Xbox One and play it?: I am wondering because I am planning to purchase this in the near future. [img] If I buy a Xbox 360 Left 4 Dead 2 disk, will I be able to put it in my Xbox One and play it?...
  4. I have Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox 360 on disk and it's not working on Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox 360 on disk and it's not working on Series X.: It says it's supposed to be backwards compatible. I miss this game, so please give recommendations. I don't want to buy a new game if I don't have to. 91c66f3f-b945-43bc-9fe6-ff939534dfb9
  5. Unrecognized disk- Disney infinity 3 XBOX 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unrecognized disk- Disney infinity 3 XBOX 360: We have all 3 Disney infinity discs (1.0 and 2.0 still work fine) but with Disney infinity 3.0 I am getting an unrecognizable disk. I believe this is to due to an update needed mayb….the disk is...
  6. How do I check Xbox 360 disks for functionality?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I check Xbox 360 disks for functionality?: How do I check xbox360 games for functionality? I am looking to sell some old games I have either played a Long time ago or just accumulated over the years. I’m looking to sell them or give them...
  7. Why won’t my Xbox one play 360 disks?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my Xbox one play 360 disks?: Why won’t my Xbox one play or even register that I put in a physical copy of a 360 game that is backwards compatible, and it’s not just one game it’s all of the games I try from the 360 on disk,...
  8. How do i get fallout 3 add ons (xbox 360) which i have on disk to work on my Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i get fallout 3 add ons (xbox 360) which i have on disk to work on my Xbox series X: The game disk and add ons are installed but the add on missions do not pop up 0cdca3b7-f6a7-4975-a91e-2f212fba8156
  9. Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...: I keep getting booted off of multiplayer on battlefield 3 Xbox 360 stating it can't read the disk, the disk is dirty, but I'm playing on a digital copy? No disk 3c1658df-fc75-4e8d-a104-75722ea3f4c7
  10. xbox 360 slim disk drive grinding

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim disk drive grinding: i've had this console for years and i've kept it in working condition, i'm not sure if the drive is going bad or if its just hitting the top of the drive casing 2c296d71-1f26-4a5b-baff-fdea1c06e17a