Xbox 360 disc tray noise.

Discus and support Xbox 360 disc tray noise. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Problem: 1. Xbox makes a grinding noise after closing the tray. This noise is created whether or not a disc is in the tray. It last for 1-2 seconds.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Holygrail3, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Holygrail3
    Holygrail3 Guest

Problem:

1. Xbox makes a grinding noise after closing the tray. This noise is created whether or not a disc is in the tray. It last for 1-2 seconds.

2. “Open tray” is displayed on the screen whether or not a game is in the tray.

More details if you have the time to help.

:)

Holygrail3, Jun 22, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. RadicalHeart712 Win User

Tray malfunction caused by a disc (Skyrim) splintering inside the drive

Hello, KiousKong

Well if its making Noises, your Tray may be broke or is just messing up.

Make sure every thing is good in the inside of your Xbox. Open the Tray and see if there is anything unusual in the tray. If that dosent seem to help. Go here.

support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-solution
  3. mr goosebuster Win User

Xbox will randomly shut off

Clarification: After a closer examination, the beeping switched back and forth between the disc tray noise and power switch noise no matter if its on or off. Also those two buttons will make their noise if touched (sometimes) but neither will respond (EX:
    the disc tray wont open/close with the botton and the Xbox wont turn on or off with the button).
  4. BipolarWerebear Win User

Foam lining

that, and it dampens the noise of the disc tray closing.
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Took 6 attempts to open my disc drive today!

[quote user="Rob31shred"]So I turned my 360 on & hit the "open tray" tile. The 360 makes noises like it's trying to eject the tray but it never pops open[/quote]If your issue is that the drive door does not open (and not that the disc in the tray cannot
    be read) then the problem is probably a stretched or dirty Small Square Belt.
  6. RSM Joker Win User

Hi Holygrail3,

I used to have a similar issue with my Xbox 360 years ago.

It ended up being due to age of the drive and the rubber band of the closing mechanism. To get the drive to read in a pinch, I would gently push the drive closed as it was closing itself, with emphasis near the fully closed position.

Almost as if to continue it’s own momentum to enable the last part of the tray to close with the added force.

Not forceful but an encouraging push, almost gentle is the best I can describe it.

It didn’t work everytime but after enough tries you may get lucky and have it register as “closed”.

Good luck!
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 disc tray noise. - Similar Threads - 360 disc tray

2. Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?: My Xbox 360 when I load disc it starts reading then says open tray, why won't the 360 read any disc? e28561b2-8542-43d3-8a7e-44455af5b8bd
  3. XBOX 360 disc drive laser (open tray error)

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 disc drive laser (open tray error): My xbox 360's disc drive laser seems to barely be moving even with all the fixes i tried. It first moves close to the center of the disc then stays there and moves just ever so slightly. The disc...
  4. Original Xbox 360 Turns itself on, opens and closes disc tray

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox 360 Turns itself on, opens and closes disc tray: OK so I've had this xbox 360 from brand new, never had an issue, 2 years ago I moved into a semi detached bungalow, my controller got broken in the move so I haven't even played on it but it's...
  5. Xbox 360 Disc Tray and Reading Disc Problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Disc Tray and Reading Disc Problems: I haven't played my Xbox 360 Pro in a couple of years but the other day I decided to boot it up. It starts fine, everything works. I've updated the system and the whole nine yards but my disc tray...
  6. Xbox 360 S disc tray automatically won't close fully

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S disc tray automatically won't close fully: Xbox 360 S disc tray automatically won't close fully. Is there a way to fix it? It has been opening fully for 2 months ae4b92dc-8511-4def-ab20-ccf1a5056656
  7. Xbox 360 S disc tray automatically won't close fully

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S disc tray automatically won't close fully: Xbox 360 S disc tray automatically won't close fully. Is there a way to fix it? It has been opening fully for 2 months 125e14da-8e31-4cce-b12b-775f761554f2
  8. Xbox 360 S disc tray automatically won't close fully. Is there a way to fix it? It has been ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S disc tray automatically won't close fully. Is there a way to fix it? It has been ...: Xbox 360 S disc tray automatically won't close fully. Is there a way to fix it? It has been opening fully for 2 months 871a26ff-7e1f-4709-b01d-c0da5e5bda71
  9. Xbox 360 S disc tray automatically won't close fully.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S disc tray automatically won't close fully.: Xbox 360 S disc tray automatically won't close fully. Is there a way to fix it? It has been opening fully for 2 months d9fe5a93-77cf-41a0-b103-6a0b9e1404f4
  10. 360 disc tray won't open when upright

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 disc tray won't open when upright: I got on old original style 360 from my brother but the disc tray doesn't want to open when I stand it up on end. When I lay it flat it opens fine but I really wanna stand it upright so it fits...