XBOX 360 Disc Drive Won't Read Discs

Discus and support XBOX 360 Disc Drive Won't Read Discs in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My brother and I were given an XBOX 360 for Christmas about 4 years ago. Its the original console. I think it was bought refurbished. About a year... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BlakeIngram, Nov 28, 2019.

1. BlakeIngram
    BlakeIngram Guest

My brother and I were given an XBOX 360 for Christmas about 4 years ago. Its the original console. I think it was bought refurbished. About a year after playing on it, we bought the Minecraft disc game to play on it. It updated the game and threw a wrench
    in the system. The update caused a breakdown whenever you would open a chest. Then, the console stopped connecting to the Internet, wirelessly and through LAN cable. Not soon after, it carved a ring in GTAV. So we bought a new GTAV disc and a refurbished 20gb
    hhd hard drive, and it eventually stopped reading the disc about 2 weeks later. Then, it stopped reading all 55 or so games altogether, except for GTA4, Minecraft, and the Left 4 Dead series. Now, a lot of times, the graphics dont fully load, the game will
    stop being read in the middle of the game, and it thinks the game discs are DVDs. If it loads it as a DVD, and you click PLAY DVD, it gives us an error saying an important storage device was removed and restarts the console. Also, if you attempt to load GTAV,
    it won't read any discs whatsoever. It will freeze up at random times. It takes about 5 minutes to shut dowb, and sometimes it doesn't start up past the 360 logo. It also makes scratching sounds, and some other sounds that arent healthy. We suspect the XBOX
    overheated without us knowing, but we arent totally sure. Any thoughts or advice on how to fix this?

:)

BlakeIngram, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Can't install red dead redemption 1

Hi,

Do other BC Xbox 360 game discs work on your Xbox One? For the Xbox One to recognise the game and download it from Live it must:

• Be able to read the disc. Check if the disc is dirty or damaged
    • Have a working Optical drive capable of reading Xbox 360 discs. Try other BC discs or test a DVD movie.

The Xbox One has two diodes for reading discs in the optical Blu-ray Drive. A red laser is used to read Xbox 360 and DVD movies and a blue laser to read Xbox One games and Blu-ray movies. If the diode for reading DVD's is faulty, BC Xbox 360 discs won't
    work.
  3. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Old Xbox 360 CD drive question

Hi, from what I have read each Xbox and it's factory installed disc drive are paired up, meaning that you can't just take a disc drive out of an Xbox 360 and use it in another Xbox 360. There is some sort of check that is made to verify that the disc drive
    that is fitted matches up with some sort of data key that's programmed into the Xbox motherboard.

If those two don't match up then the Xbox won't read any discs.
  4. User 9242019 Win User

L4D2 disc does not work on Xbox one

Sounds like a hardware fault with the disc drive since it won't read a DVD or Xbox 360 game.
  5. Miss Ermine Win User

Games suddenly stop working

6. Miss Ermine Win User

my xbox wont read my disk

Thema:

1. XBOX 360 Disc Drive Won't Read Discs - Similar Threads - 360 Disc Drive

2. When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps: When I put in the [slightly damaged] disc, it's spins, does stage normal sounds that I hear and then it's a quiet beeeeep then it goes back to the sounds and it repeats, any ideas why?...
  3. why will my xbox 360 disc drive open when sideway's but will not open when upright

in XBoX on Windows
    why will my xbox 360 disc drive open when sideway's but will not open when upright: My xbox 360 disc drive sometimes get's stuck when upright and does not when sideways. Also when I leave a disc inside my xbox disc drive does not get stuck. Does anyone have any idea why this...
  4. Xbox 360 S disc drive problem - menu says "Play Game" or "Play DVD" when disc is inserted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S disc drive problem - menu says "Play Game" or "Play DVD" when disc is inserted...: Hi everyone, I have an Xbox 360 Slim console that I had just replaced the disc drive in (the tray broke in the last one). The problem I am having with it is that when I insert a game disc, the...
  5. 360 disc drive wont read games

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 disc drive wont read games: The 36 console start to have issue that effect gaming experience. I looked into the 360 and I wasn’t the only one. I learned that the 360 had the infamous red ring and was very faults machine. A...
  6. XBOX 360 Boots without disc drive connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Boots without disc drive connected: Took apart a 360 with E-64 issue. Really clean virgin unit (stickers were still in place). Yet getting E-64 which points me to disc drive. Had another set of the power cords - no joy (still E-64)....
  7. Xbox 360 S Disc Drive Loud Noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S Disc Drive Loud Noise: I purchased an Xbox 360 S and recently have noticed when I play the following games: Tony Hawk’s Underground 2, Madden 13, and Halo Reach, the drive gets louder and i can hear what sounds like...
  8. XBOX 360 disc drive laser (open tray error)

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 disc drive laser (open tray error): My xbox 360's disc drive laser seems to barely be moving even with all the fixes i tried. It first moves close to the center of the disc then stays there and moves just ever so slightly. The disc...
  9. Issues with xbox 360 disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with xbox 360 disc drive: So me and my brother were trying to figure out what was wrong with our xbox 360 disc drive, because it took multiple attempts to get it to read discs and we had to beat it up to finally get it...
  10. xbox 360 slim disc drive opens automatically

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim disc drive opens automatically: Hello maybe someone here on this blog have an idea what i can do, besides from going to an hardware store please :) so my xbox 360 slim turns on normally then the green lights flash continuously...