Xbox 360 Disc Drive not working, is it possible to just download games to hdd?

Discus and support Xbox 360 Disc Drive not working, is it possible to just download games to hdd? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, my disc drive is getting the notorious "open tray" error, in which it is not reading discs. I have followed every possible step in the support... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by x Stammpede x, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Xbox 360 Disc Drive not working, is it possible to just download games to hdd?

Hello, my disc drive is getting the notorious "open tray" error, in which it is not reading discs. I have followed every possible step in the support section, as well as tried several repair tutorials on YouTube (which voided the warranty that was out of
    date anyway.) and did not see any change. This has rendered several of the games I purchased brand new useless as I can only play games that were downloaded on demand that did not require using a disc for. This is very frustrating as I have spent well over
    $500 on these games that I cannot play now. My Xbox is working perfectly fine except for this disc drive. Is there any way I could get a voucher to download these games on demand? I do not wish to pay $100 for a repair of the disc drive as I can buy an entire
    Xbox console for under that cost.

Thank you.

:)

x Stammpede x, Feb 25, 2014
  2. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Strange disc problem

The Xbox One takes the game disc simply as "proof of purchase". Since the Xbox One console can't "understand" the program language on the Xbox 360 disc, the console simply sees you as "owning" the game, and downloads the "translated" Xbox One backwards compatible
    version from the Xbox Live marketplace.

No data is transferred from the scratched disc on the Xbox One, only the security sector is being read (which is probably not scratched on your disc).

Since the Xbox One only downloads the game data from the Xbox Online Marketplace and plays the game from the internal hard drive, checking if the disc is still in the drive, you can play Black Ops 2 on the One.

If you have a friend with a working Black Ops II disc, you can borrow that from your friend, and use the Install feature on the Xbox 360 to copy the working disc to your console hard drive. Then return the working disc to your friend, and use your own scratched
    disc again as "Proof of Purchase". Since the Xbox 360 will then play the game from the hard drive, and only check the readable security sector of your scratched disc, you can still play the game on your 360 as well, if you find a way to get the game files
    from a working disc onto your console hard drive.

Arminator, Feb 25, 2014
  3. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    Help...

That's not possible I'm afraid. If the drive isn't working, you can't install the games. Plus even when installed you need the disc in the drive to prove that you own it.

-

First try the drive wizard to see if it helps
    support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-wizard

-

If not I'm afraid your console will need to be sent in for a repair, information about the process can be found here

support.xbox.com/.../faq

voteDC, Feb 25, 2014
  4. davemcfly85
    davemcfly85 Guest

sorry no if you want the download games you have to buy them does not matter if you already own them on disc version. also since you opened your console to attempt to fix the console you can possibly face a console ban for system tampering and to add MS
    will NOT repair a 360 that has been opened by anybody other then them. sadly your only option is to buy a new 360 if you want to play those disc games.

davemcfly85, Feb 25, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: