Xbox 360 Core stuck on "Reading" stage of disc

Discus and support Xbox 360 Core stuck on "Reading" stage of disc in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever I put a xbox 360 game disc in my Xbox 360 Core system, it tries to read (while keeping the disc spinning and occasionally trying to read),... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FyreDragon619, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Xbox 360 Core stuck on "Reading" stage of disc

Hi, Whenever I put a xbox 360 game disc in my Xbox 360 Core system, it tries to read (while keeping the disc spinning and occasionally trying to read), but on screen the disc icon stays stuck at the reading phase. Its at the max dashboard, including the
    one released this year.

Thanks for any help, Andrew

:)

FyreDragon619, Jun 8, 2018
  2. Xbox 360 S can't connect to wireless network

My XBox 360 S wont connect to my wireless network, even though my other devices pick up the wi-fi, it gets stuck on the first stage of connecting.

Emilio4sports84, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Problems Signing In?

Im at the stage that the xbox status page is now one of my most visited websites on my web browser i did not even know it exitsted before i got this xbox one. Yet again im reading the message "Xbox live core services limited", for the second time this week.
    I now own a xbox one sized paperweight till its sorted out. Not good enough really!!

jdntokin4mike, Jun 8, 2018
  4. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

Xbox cdrom or whatever people call it

I would like to see a laser that can read all xbox games from all the xbox consoles. Maybe the choice to install or read directly from the disc like how the xbox 360 was. Also a disc release button in case the disc gets stuck or won't eject. I have
    the old xbox one where you are supposed to take a paper clip to the side of the console.
  5. onyxishere Win User

Unrecognized Disc

I'm going to have to side with your dad on this one. The laser has probably died on you and that would be the reason the console is not reading the discs.

You may be stuck with either purchasing a new 360 or upgrading to the Xbox One.
  6. Miss Ermine Win User

Games suddenly stop working

7. Obsessive Power Win User

Can't install red dead redemption 1

Hi,

Do other BC Xbox 360 game discs work on your Xbox One? For the Xbox One to recognise the game and download it from Live it must:

• Be able to read the disc. Check if the disc is dirty or damaged
    • Have a working Optical drive capable of reading Xbox 360 discs. Try other BC discs or test a DVD movie.

The Xbox One has two diodes for reading discs in the optical Blu-ray Drive. A red laser is used to read Xbox 360 and DVD movies and a blue laser to read Xbox One games and Blu-ray movies. If the diode for reading DVD's is faulty, BC Xbox 360 discs won't
    work.
  8. Obsessive Power Win User

HELP ME PLEASE! XBOX ONE BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY NOT WORKING AT ALL?!?!?!!?!?!?

Hi,

It's not the discs it's your console. If your console can not read DVD movies then it won't read Xbox 360 games either. DVD movie discs use the same type of discs that 360 games use (DVD-9).

The Xbox One has two lasers to read discs. One for Blu-rays - which Xbox One discs games are made of - and one for reading DVD's and Xbox 360 games.
Thema:

Xbox 360 Core stuck on "Reading" stage of disc

1. Xbox 360 Core stuck on "Reading" stage of disc - Similar Threads - 360 Core stuck

2. Xbox 360 not turning on

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 not turning on: I don’t know what happened but for some reason whenever I try to plug it in and turn it on, literally Nothing happens. Like there’s no rrod or lights the psu doesn’t even change there’s just...
  3. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  4. Games missing on Xbox 360 based on region

in XboX Insiders
    Games missing on Xbox 360 based on region: Hi I want to buy Resident evil 5 for xbox 360 but it seems that it is missing from the xbox 360 store (i live on greece) I noticed though that I can find it in my UK account but it has a different...
  5. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  6. Xbox 360 Store Shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Store Shut down: So, I know that the 360 store will shut down by the end of july, but I like to know can we still not get the xbox games and 360 games on our xbox series x store online or will all the xbox and 360...
  7. Do all Xbox 360 Core models have no Hdmi Port, and do All Xbox 360 arcade models come with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do all Xbox 360 Core models have no Hdmi Port, and do All Xbox 360 arcade models come with...: I am just wondering this since I might be looking into getting a Xbox 360 and was wondering which models have HDMI ports included on them. Thanks, Shlundo 9d77e028-0ae9-4872-ac81-06db6c86b15f
  8. How can I tell the difference between the Xbox 360 Core or Arcade?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I tell the difference between the Xbox 360 Core or Arcade?: My Xbox is matte white, with a matte white disc tray and a manufactured date of May 28, 2008 as well as a HDMI port. Is this more likely to be a core or arcade model? Also this is a different...
  9. How will Game pass core work on xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How will Game pass core work on xbox 360?: So I recently read that xbox live gold is getting replaced by game pass core. I only use gold for playing online but heard that game pass core would give out some free interesting games. I am...
  10. Xbox 360 Core Replacement Power Supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Core Replacement Power Supply: Hi. I need to order a new power supply for my ancient Xbox 360 Core console. The warranty expired over 7 years ago (1/1/2009) and the Online Service Center gives no option on replacement power...