Xbox 360 controller won't sync to console

Discus and support Xbox 360 controller won't sync to console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having issues with my Xbox 360. The controller doesn'tseem to want to connect to the console for some reason. I can turn on the console with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DLS64, Jul 5, 2023.

1. DLS64
    DLS64 Guest

Hi, I'm having issues with my Xbox 360. The controller doesn'tseem to want to connect to the console for some reason. I can turn on the console with the controller but it won't actually connect. I found a reddit post of someone having the same problem as me ( https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox360/comments/10lhmxc/xbox_360_wont_sync_with_controller/ ). I've tried to re sync the controller using the button but doesn't work.

:)

DLS64, Jul 5, 2023
  2. DLS64 Win User

I forgot to mention that I am able to turn on the console using the controller but the controller will just keep blinking and not connect.
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! I'll do my best to help here.

To confirm, are you using an Xbox 360 console as well?
    When was the last time it worked or connected just fine with your console?

Make sure that your controller has new fully charged batteries. To further isolate it, try connecting your controller using a USB cable if it will connect normally.

Kindly follow the steps from the link below for the complete guide.
    https://support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/accessor....

Kind regards,
  4. DLS64 Win User

Doesn't the Xbox 360 controller need a specific cable to connect to stuff like the console or computers? I've always used wireless so that's why I don't know about the cables.
  5. DLS64 Win User

Sorry for the late reply but yes, I am using the Xbox 360 console (the original one.) It's been years since I've used it and don't remember the last time the controller actually connected to the console. Also, I don't have the cord to connect the controller to the console so I'm not able to test that out.
  6. [EX] Win User

Hey,

You wouldn't need a long cable, it would be just needed to sync and update the controller.

Maybe one of those short loading cables for the old smartphones ?!
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 controller won't sync to console - Similar Threads - 360 controller won't

2. Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation: I have recently bought an xbox360 controller and dongle for my PC but the controller is nearly useless due to the translation between the physical movement of the analogue sticks to the in-game...
  3. Xbox 360 controller not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller not working: I'm using the Xbox 360 controller with the Play & Charge Kit, plugged in via a USB 2.0 port. However, despite showing up in Device Manager, nothing happens if I press the logo or try to use it...
  4. Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...: Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console and a minute before that it let me synk my other controller f32a4156-18fe-44c4-8f69-1ca1f5d06696
  5. Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls

in XboX Insiders
    Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls: So recently I been downloading more 360 games to play and this never happened to me til now. A few games I downloaded, the controls were just inverted by default with no change to the settings at...
  6. Xbox 360 controller does not sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller does not sync: I just bought an play & charge kit for my xbox 360 controller, when I plugged it in on my 3.0 and 2.0 usb ports windows reproduces the sound of a new device connected and even shows correctly the...
  7. My PC does not recognize my Xbox 360 Controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    My PC does not recognize my Xbox 360 Controllers: Hey, maybe someone can help me: I do own two original Xbox 360 controllers, one wired (fully wired, not "plug and charge"), one wireless. Both have previously worked with my PC, but recently...
  8. can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook: can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook the wireless one but I am wondering if the wireless receiver would work on a chromebook 8d441067-6167-482d-baf5-8c0570ed48b9
  9. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  10. how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller: how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller eff96eac-d791-4d15-bf0a-44991cf03387