Xbox 360 Controller Right Stick has a strange deadzone... Help!

Discus and support Xbox 360 Controller Right Stick has a strange deadzone... Help! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys, I just fixed my old wireless xbox 360 controller. It was not connecting previously, and after fixing it, it started having a new problem. My... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SkyKnifer79, May 17, 2015.

1. SkyKnifer79
    SkyKnifer79 Guest

Hey guys, I just fixed my old wireless xbox 360 controller. It was not connecting previously, and after fixing it, it started having a new problem. My right thumbstick only goes to the left if I push the thumbstick all of the way to the left. If I just move
    it a little, like I would in a shooting game, nothing happens. My right thumbstick moves find to the right... Could it be dust, as I hadn't touched this controller for a year? Or could it be something else? Any support would be helpful!

:)

SkyKnifer79, May 17, 2015
  2. Xbox One Controller Problem - Left Analog "DEAD ZONE"

It's not the controller with the left analog sticks deadzone, It's the game itself. Try playing Titanfall and you will not notice the deadzone at all it isn't there. This is an issue with many of the new Next-Gen games for the Xbox One. The only reason they fixed the deadzone on Titanfall was because they need more sales. Different games on the Xbox One have different sized deadzones, COD-Ghosts has a very big deadzone whereas Battlefield 4 has a small deadzone and Titanfall has no deadzone. It's just they way they develop the game around the controller.

CrimzenZodiac123, May 17, 2015
  3. V22 Tyger
    V22 Tyger Guest
    Xbox One Controller DeadZone

My normal Xbox Controller I have been using for years suddenly got a drift in the right anolog stick. I took it to my nearest repair shop they replaced the inner workings of the stick. I got it back about a week later and the deadzone
    on the stick has decreased like crazy. My guess is it’s at zero percent. Why am I complaining you ask. Well in FPS games shooting someone at long range. I just have to give up. I can’t barely move my stick over to hit anything. It’s a blessing and a curse.
    I’ve tried lowering my sensitivity doesn’t help. Any way to configure it back to the 15-20% deadzone that it was before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

V22 Tyger, May 17, 2015
  4. Irixion
    Irixion Guest

You could try to blow out any dust with a can of compressed air. You could also put a few drops of rubbing alcohol where the stick goes inside the controller (Don't have the batteries in), and then rotate the stick 360 degrees at varying points. Then wait
    a couple of hours, put your batteries back in, and try it then. Make sure you wait, or else you may short your controller. I can't tell you to open it, because well, that's against the rules, so try your best without opening it.

Irixion, May 17, 2015
  5. SkyKnifer79
    SkyKnifer79 Guest
    I forgot to mention, and this is important, that the warranty is long expired, so I am free to open it now.

SkyKnifer79, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Irixion Win User

You could try to blow out any dust with a can of compressed air. You could also put a few drops of rubbing alcohol where the stick goes inside the controller (Don't have the batteries in), and then rotate the stick 360 degrees at varying points. Then wait
    a couple of hours, put your batteries back in, and try it then. Make sure you wait, or else you may short your controller. I can't tell you to open it, because well, that's against the rules, so try your best without opening it.
  7. SkyKnifer79 Win User

I forgot to mention, and this is important, that the warranty is long expired, so I am free to open it now.
  8. OneBadHitman Win User

elite series 2

The thumb sticks feel better to me apart from the stick drift on the right stick when playing apex in the linear setting you have to set the deadzone to large which defeats the object of using this controller.
  9. Georges C. Win User

Controller Right/Left stick Deadzone

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Liel, you've looked in the right place, whether it's in the Xbox Accessories App or within the game that sometimes has some setting that can be changed.

I've seen on some internet forums that this might be an issue in the control joystics, if it is out of warranty maybe the ideal is to send for specialized technical assistance and for a cleaning.
  10. Dericka Win User

Elite 2 controller

Oh, I see. That's a good question .Controller deadzone is the amount your control stick can move before it's recognized in game. The best way is to adjust the deadzone in your controller.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Controller Right Stick has a strange deadzone... Help! - Similar Threads - 360 Controller Right

2. Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation: I have recently bought an xbox360 controller and dongle for my PC but the controller is nearly useless due to the translation between the physical movement of the analogue sticks to the in-game...
  3. Xbox 360 controller not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller not working: I'm using the Xbox 360 controller with the Play & Charge Kit, plugged in via a USB 2.0 port. However, despite showing up in Device Manager, nothing happens if I press the logo or try to use it...
  4. Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...: Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console and a minute before that it let me synk my other controller f32a4156-18fe-44c4-8f69-1ca1f5d06696
  5. Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls

in XboX Insiders
    Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls: So recently I been downloading more 360 games to play and this never happened to me til now. A few games I downloaded, the controls were just inverted by default with no change to the settings at...
  6. Xbox 360 controller does not sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller does not sync: I just bought an play & charge kit for my xbox 360 controller, when I plugged it in on my 3.0 and 2.0 usb ports windows reproduces the sound of a new device connected and even shows correctly the...
  7. My PC does not recognize my Xbox 360 Controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    My PC does not recognize my Xbox 360 Controllers: Hey, maybe someone can help me: I do own two original Xbox 360 controllers, one wired (fully wired, not "plug and charge"), one wireless. Both have previously worked with my PC, but recently...
  8. can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook: can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook the wireless one but I am wondering if the wireless receiver would work on a chromebook 8d441067-6167-482d-baf5-8c0570ed48b9
  9. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  10. how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller: how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller eff96eac-d791-4d15-bf0a-44991cf03387

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox 360 controller stick deadzone