Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation

Discus and support Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have recently bought an xbox360 controller and dongle for my PC but the controller is nearly useless due to the translation between the physical... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BenWilli, Jun 14, 2024.

1. BenWilli
    BenWilli Guest

Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation

I have recently bought an xbox360 controller and dongle for my PC but the controller is nearly useless due to the translation between the physical movement of the analogue sticks to the in-game registration. On the emulator I am using (PCSX2), Steam, Windows, etc, I have set the analogue stick deadzones and anti-deadzones to 0%, however the sticks behave like those values are both set very high. This means that aiming in games is extremely difficult since there is an extremely small physical window where the analogue stick isn't registering either no movement or full movement.

For example if I play Minecraft for Windows, about half the real movement of the analogue stick won't move the character and the other half turns at maximum speed so wiggling the stick doesn't reduce the turn speed from it's maximum. There is a terribly small slither of real space on the analogue stick for small adjustments.

I have tried the calibration settings in Windows, Steam, and x360ce to no avail. The Xbox accessories app only supports extremely expensive controller.

How can I map the xbox360 controller so that the analogue sticks' physical movement between no push and a full push maps linearly to a virtual input of no input to a full input?

:)

BenWilli, Jun 14, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: