Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.

Discus and support Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently just bought a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm headphone jack so I could listen to audio and talk on my old Xbox 360 using newer headphones. But it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ADAGAMERBOY, Feb 6, 2024.

1. ADAGAMERBOY
    ADAGAMERBOY Guest

I recently just bought a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm headphone jack so I could listen to audio and talk on my old Xbox 360 using newer headphones. But it doesn't play any sound through it and doesn't sense my mic. I also used a little green and red wire that seperates speakers and microphones. I was wondering if you needed an extra accessory or anything. But I would love to hear any solutions if I'm doing wrong or I need a extra accessory.
    Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working. [​IMG]

Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working. [​IMG]

:)

ADAGAMERBOY, Feb 6, 2024
  2. Xbox360fanguy99 Win User

What i need to buy that i get the xbox 360 game audio?

Yes i think the ingame audio on my xbox 360

But many people says if i plug the headphone in the controller i not hear ingame audio only have microphone in the controller
  3. Ookttah Win User

Mic on new controllers with 3.5mm built in Audio port

Interestingly, I can hear audio from the xbox through my earbuds, the controllers just don't seem to be sending the microphone audio to the xbox. I was under the impression that the 3.5mm port on the new controllers had both audio and mic capabilities, am
    I wrong?

I know that the microphone is sending sound to the controller and I know it's getting sent to the correct pins on the 3.5mm port...
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Does anyone know if the original Microsoft Bluetooth usb adapter will allow me to use my WIRED headset with my controller on pc?

You should just have to designate your audio input microphone as the headset in audio options

Bluetooth controllers cannot use headsets in chat, it only works if you use the official wireless adapter plugged into the controller
  5. RileyCann Win User

Xbox mic not working

My microphone is fully working in my phone, and audio is not muted in any settings.
  6. Jhonkito Win User

Xbox party chat ?

Hi, GWLADYS my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

There are several options for Xbox party chat without wearing a traditional headset:

Speakers and Microphone:

Connect a USB microphone and external speakers or soundbar to your Xbox. This provides a hands-free option with decent audio quality, but microphone placement is crucial to avoid picking up background noise.

Bluetooth Headset with Audio Out:

Some Bluetooth headsets offer dual audio out, allowing you to connect them to your Xbox via Bluetooth for voice chat and your TV via an audio cable for game audio. This can be a comfortable option, but check headset compatibility.

Microsoft Wireless Adapter for Stereo Headphones:

This adapter connects your TV's optical audio output to your Xbox controller, enabling wireless game audio reception on most stereo headphones. While not strictly party chat, you can use the controller microphone or a separate USB microphone connected to the Xbox for voice chat.

Discord App on Mobile:

Download the Discord app on your phone, join your friends' server, and connect to the voice chat. Use your phone's speaker or headphones for audio and the built-in microphone or separate headphones for chatting. This option involves additional device usage but offers flexibility and access to wider Discord communities.

Xbox Remote Play:

If you have a PC or laptop with a good microphone and speakers, use the Xbox Remote Play app to stream your Xbox to your PC. You can then use the PC's audio and microphone for party chat and game audio. This requires a strong internet connection for good streaming quality.

Considerations:

Microphone quality: Regardless of the option you choose, prioritize a decent microphone to ensure clear voice chat with your friends.

Background noise: Be mindful of background noise in your environment and position your microphone accordingly for better voice clarity.

Latency: Bluetooth connections can sometimes introduce audio latency, so consider wired options if lag is a concern.

Ultimately, the best option for you depends on your budget, preference for comfort, and the audio setup you already have. Try out different options and see what works best for your gaming experience!

I hope this information helps!
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working. - Similar Threads - 360 controller playing

2. Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation: I have recently bought an xbox360 controller and dongle for my PC but the controller is nearly useless due to the translation between the physical movement of the analogue sticks to the in-game...
  3. how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller: how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller eff96eac-d791-4d15-bf0a-44991cf03387
  4. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  5. I want to know why it is not possible to be able to use an Xbox 360 controller to play Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to know why it is not possible to be able to use an Xbox 360 controller to play Xbox...: I mean seriously tho. It is mainly because my Xbox One controller is in bad condition and has bad drift on both analog sticks. i love playing the fallout series along with alot of other games i...
  6. Where to find technical specification for Play and Charge kit for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to find technical specification for Play and Charge kit for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller?: Where do can I find the technical specification for the Play and Charge kit for the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller? I am trying to figure out how to power my Xbox 360 Wireless controller with 5V...
  7. Can a wireless Xbox 360 controller on older model be used to play games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a wireless Xbox 360 controller on older model be used to play games?: I have a second generation I believe wireless Xbox 360 controller, it's not the new Xbox console or the Xbox one remote it's the previous one that used to get the red ring. Just wondering if that...
  8. I bought a used xbox 360, but they has with parental control activated and cannot play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a used xbox 360, but they has with parental control activated and cannot play...: I bought a used xbox 360, but they has with parental control activated and cannot play games, I don't have the password. How can I disable? f20da73d-7e10-47ff-95be-ee547834cec2
  9. Cant play via streaming with 360 Controller in my Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant play via streaming with 360 Controller in my Series S: I have a Series S with a Series controller connected to it. I can connect the 360 controller via PC, but when I do the screen streaming, it only recognizes one input, that is: I manage to have...
  10. I forgot my parental control password from my xbox 360 now I can not play my games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I forgot my parental control password from my xbox 360 now I can not play my games: I forgot my parental control password from my xbox 360 now I can not play my games 0bed7753-02e2-4500-858e-e3c736a056b2