XBox 360 Controller for Windows - Wire burned through

Discus and support XBox 360 Controller for Windows - Wire burned through in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been playing games on my Pc with my wired XBox 360 Controller when it suddenly stopped making inputs. Then I realised that there was a hole in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TillableCorgi84, May 4, 2016.

1. XBox 360 Controller for Windows - Wire burned through

I have been playing games on my Pc with my wired XBox 360 Controller when it suddenly stopped making inputs. Then I realised that there was a hole in the wire and smoke is coming out.

I don't think that should happen, so what am I supposed to do?

:)

TillableCorgi84, May 4, 2016
  2. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest
    Xbox 360 controlller is seen in Game Controllers window as my previous pad in Windows 7

Hey Optiores2! Is the Xbox 360 controller you are using wired or a wireless controller connected through a Charge and Play kit? The Charge and Play kit will not enable a wireless Xbox 360 controller to be used on a Windows device. For full details check
    out
    Setting Up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Mister Cizl, May 4, 2016
  3. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest
    Connecting a xbox360 controller to a pc thru xbox360

No that is not possible to connect a controller to your PC through your console. You will need the Xbox 360 wireless USB receiver for windows or buy a pure wired USB xbox 360 controller (microsoft and 3rd party ones available and all will work).

The play and charge USB cable for xbox 360 controllers does not make a wireless controller wired as it only transfers power and not data.

You could buy an xbox one wireless controller that is newer and has bluetooth and connect it to your PC directly as seen on this page: :

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

You can also use an xbox one wireless controller of any type (with or without bluetooth) with a Micro USB cable on a PC as well. THAT wire does make the xbox one wireless controller act as a wired controller while connected via Micro USB.

ChiefJoboo, May 4, 2016
  4. Mister Cizl Win User

Xbox 360 controlller is seen in Game Controllers window as my previous pad in Windows 7

Hey Optiores2! Is the Xbox 360 controller you are using wired or a wireless controller connected through a Charge and Play kit? The Charge and Play kit will not enable a wireless Xbox 360 controller to be used on a Windows device. For full details check
    out
    Setting Up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
  5. Kiesey Win User

Question about Xbox 360-PC Wireless Gaming Receiver

If you have a wired Xbox controller it will work. ( Note using a wireless controller and the play and charge kit will not work) Check out the link below fo downloads for the Xbox 360 Wired Controller For Windows.

www.microsoft.com/.../xbox-360-controller-for-windows
  6. Videea Win User

cant connect an Xbox 360 controller to PC windows 10 via cable

I have a VERY similar issue... i think you are talking about a wired 360 controller, but I am more specifically talking about a wired 360 guitar (controller). mine also is recognized by windows 10 as a 360 controller (not a guitar), and despite everything I do with them (i have 2)... it will not work on my xbox 1 x through windows 10 (and the xbox companion app built into windows 10). I was able to get my xbox 1 wired regular controller to work using windows 10. if you find an answer, please let me know, it will likely fix my issue as well, even though my issue is slightly different
  7. StuartATrueRed Win User

Laptop not detecting xbox 360 wired controller

Are you sure the Xbox 360 is a wired Xbox 360 controller, and not connected by a separate cable like the play and charge cable? If it is the play and charge cable, it will not work on Windows 10, as it only charges the batteries on a PC. If it is a actual
    wired controller, then Windows 10 should detect and then download the drivers if needed.

More info on connecting a 360 controller to a PC can be found here
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-controller-for-windows-setup
  8. attackle98 Win User

xbox console

Thema:

XBox 360 Controller for Windows - Wire burned through

1. XBox 360 Controller for Windows - Wire burned through - Similar Threads - 360 Controller Windows

2. Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation: I have recently bought an xbox360 controller and dongle for my PC but the controller is nearly useless due to the translation between the physical movement of the analogue sticks to the in-game...
  3. Xbox 360 controller not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller not working: I'm using the Xbox 360 controller with the Play & Charge Kit, plugged in via a USB 2.0 port. However, despite showing up in Device Manager, nothing happens if I press the logo or try to use it...
  4. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  5. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  6. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10): Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.i...
  7. Is it possible to connect a Xbox 360 controller to windows 11 for steam gameplay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to connect a Xbox 360 controller to windows 11 for steam gameplay?: I just need to know where you can install the driver or do people want me to try develop the driver, if I can have some guidelines I believe I can do it with Windows Visual Studio Code and node.js...
  8. Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter: I just bought a "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. The adapter installed its driver when I plugged it in, and then said it was ready. I...
  9. Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?: Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS? e468f6b7-8ad8-4413-b499-a7070c423051
  10. how do i disable windows recognizing xbox 360 controller as xbox 360 controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i disable windows recognizing xbox 360 controller as xbox 360 controller: actually the problem is i have a ps3 controller that i have been trying to connect but the controller keeps being recognized as xbox360 controller. i tried disabling device signature enforcement...