XBOX 360 connects fine to network (both wifi and ethernet) but NOT TO INTERNET. error 80151909

Discus and support XBOX 360 connects fine to network (both wifi and ethernet) but NOT TO INTERNET. error 80151909 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, My xbox360 suddenly cannot connect to the INTERNET, and therefore to XBOXLive. Connection to my home network is OK. When I turn it on, I am... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NiftyRocket85, Jun 2, 2014.

1. XBOX 360 connects fine to network (both wifi and ethernet) but NOT TO INTERNET. error 80151909

Hello,

My xbox360 suddenly cannot connect to the INTERNET, and therefore to XBOXLive. Connection to my home network is OK.

When I turn it on, I am not signed in Xbox Live. I f I try, I get error 80151909.

If I test the connection: connection to network works fine, but NOT to the internet. WIFI is working perfectly throughout the house. No other device has issues.

Ethernet will give same results.

Full info on status:

What Country/State/Province do you live in? France

Modem brand & model number: Alcatel-Lucent fiber optics terminal

Router brand & model number: Livebox Play

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
    Internal adapter

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Do you have a NAT error? NO

Any Error Codes you encounter: 80151909 at sign-in

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Orange

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:0000-0021

X: 0000-F001

Y: 0000-0000

Z: 0000-0000

ID: FFFF-FFFF

L: 0015-10F1

Q: 8007-0435

T: Wireless

D: 192.168.1.1, 0.0.0.0

S: WPA2

C: 11

Personally, given the number of people experiencing this at this time, I strongly believe Microsoft is employing passive tactics to push people to upgrade to XboxOne.

If this does not get resolved soon, I'm going to PS4.

:)

NiftyRocket85, Jun 2, 2014
  2. Silen7
    Silen7 Guest
    How to Connect Internet Cable directly to Xbox 360

Hi everybody.

So recently I've been experiencing a lot of lag on CoD, i.e, whenever I join a game I get 2-bar and 3-bar connections. So I decided to search for some solutions. I read somewhere that I can fix this problem by directly connecting my Xbox to the router using an Ethernet cable. Now the problem arises as I do not possess an Ethernet cable.
    Currently, I have a cable through which Internet is supplied (It's a Fibrenet connection, which uses Optical Fibres for transmitting the Internet) and this cable is connected to a router which provides me WiFi.
    I was wondering if I can connect my Internet Cable directly to the Xbox 360 without Ethernet cables.
    (The cable looks exactly like an Ethernet cable so it can fit into the Ethernet jack of the Xbox, so that problem is covered.)

EDIT : I connected the Internet Cable to the Xbox but when I tested connection, It does not connect to Internet. Help

Silen7, Jun 2, 2014
  3. Trist
    Trist Guest
    Can't find wireless network

Strange thing seems to have happened to my Xbox. Had it since launch but seemingly now it can't find my (or any other wireless) networks. When I go to 'Set up wireless network' it can't find any.

It's worked fine since launch and worked fine yesterday. My phone is connect to the wifi so it's not the Virgin internet connection. Any ideas?

Going to try a wired connection to see if that works.

Trist, Jun 2, 2014
  4. Mbur81
    Mbur81 Guest

XBOX 360 connects fine to network (both wifi and ethernet) but NOT TO INTERNET. error 80151909

Hi, on a different topic some people said that logging onto Xbox.com first on your computer and then logging onto your xbox would fix that problem. But there is also the issue of consistent disconnection from xbox live that happens every 10mins which is
    even worse. So try what I suggested and see what happens.

Mbur81, Jun 2, 2014
  5. Hi Mbur,

Yes I saw that too and tried, with no success.

This makes absolutely no sense.

NiftyRocket85, Jun 2, 2014
  6. Gordie Shore
    Gordie Shore Guest
    your problem is your account has failed to download successfully try deleting the account and recovering it again by selecting download profile from the xbox guide button menu

Gordie Shore, Jun 2, 2014
  7. Hello Gordie,

Thanks for the suggestion, but how will I be able to re-download my profile, if my XboX360 cannot connect to the internet?

NiftyRocket85, Jun 3, 2014
  8. aircam24
    aircam24 Guest

I've got the same error. It just came out of nowhere... Any ideas?

aircam24, Jun 3, 2014
  9. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Greetings aircam24!

Please, go ahead and start a new thread and detailing out your situation. Include any error code you are getting and any troubleshooting steps you have tried so far.

Thank you!

taidara, Jun 3, 2014
  10. Just to let you know that NONE of the suggestions worked..

Connection to network: OK

Connection to internet: KO

NiftyRocket85, Jun 4, 2014
  11. still waiting for Microsoft to explain to me why I can't connect to Live with a WORKING Xbox360, able to connect to a WORKING WIFI network, but NOT to the internet.

Very, very, very frustrated by Microsoft.

NiftyRocket85, Jul 7, 2014
  12. Cameron prof
    Cameron prof Guest
    NiftyRocket85 the same thing happened to me today. I was playing call of duty ghosts online and suddenly I got disconnected. I have tried many times to connect again but no success. My internet is working fine throughout the house. I have cleaned the system
    cache, I deleted my profile and downloaded it again, but I still can't connect to xbox live. I hope Microsoft fix this problem ASAP.

Cameron prof, Jul 7, 2014
  13. XBOX 360 connects fine to network (both wifi and ethernet) but NOT TO INTERNET. error 80151909

The same thing is happening to me.

I´ve spended lot of time trying to work this out. I´m an IT guy so I´m sure that all my network is OK. I have a dual wan Linksys router and all my 10 PCs, 2 laptops and 2 mobile phones are connecting OK to Internet, BUT the Xbox sais that it has connection
    to the network but no to Internet.

This is a really serious bug. Everything was working fine until one motnh ago. Microsoft, please, help us with this issue.

Thanks in advanced,

Ignacio.

SleekMoon090810, Sep 18, 2014
  14. Hey, SleekMoon090810! This thread is a little old. If you could, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into, the router and modem information you own as well as your internet provider, and troubleshooting you've already completed. This
    way we can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. XBOX 360 connects fine to network (both wifi and ethernet) but NOT TO INTERNET. error 80151909 :)

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  15. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey, SleekMoon090810! This thread is a little old. If you could, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into, the router and modem information you own as well as your internet provider, and troubleshooting you've already completed. This
    way we can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)
  16. SleekMoon090810 Win User

The same thing is happening to me.

I´ve spended lot of time trying to work this out. I´m an IT guy so I´m sure that all my network is OK. I have a dual wan Linksys router and all my 10 PCs, 2 laptops and 2 mobile phones are connecting OK to Internet, BUT the Xbox sais that it has connection
    to the network but no to Internet.

This is a really serious bug. Everything was working fine until one motnh ago. Microsoft, please, help us with this issue.

Thanks in advanced,

Ignacio.
  17. NiftyRocket85 Win User

still waiting for Microsoft to explain to me why I can't connect to Live with a WORKING Xbox360, able to connect to a WORKING WIFI network, but NOT to the internet.

Very, very, very frustrated by Microsoft.
  18. taidara Win User

Greetings aircam24!

Please, go ahead and start a new thread and detailing out your situation. Include any error code you are getting and any troubleshooting steps you have tried so far.

Thank you!
  19. Cameron prof Win User

NiftyRocket85 the same thing happened to me today. I was playing call of duty ghosts online and suddenly I got disconnected. I have tried many times to connect again but no success. My internet is working fine throughout the house. I have cleaned the system
    cache, I deleted my profile and downloaded it again, but I still can't connect to xbox live. I hope Microsoft fix this problem ASAP.
Thema:

1. XBOX 360 connects fine to network (both wifi and ethernet) but NOT TO INTERNET. error 80151909 - Similar Threads - 360 connects fine

2. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  3. How can I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop?: Hi everyone, I'm trying to use my laptop as a monitor for my Xbox, but I'm running into some difficulties and could use some advice. Here's what I've tried so far: HDMI Connection: My laptop...
  4. Xbox 360 cant connect to internet or install system updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 cant connect to internet or install system updates: My Xbox 360 4GB will not connect to the internet or perform system updates. It can recognize the WiFi signal, but it wont connect. Setting up a wired connection allows it to connect to the...
  5. Why won’t my Xbox 360 games connect to internet, even tho on my Series X games it works fine?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox 360 games connect to internet, even tho on my Series X games it works fine?: I’m having an issue of when I try to play Call of Duty Black Ops 2 through my Xbox Series X when I get onto the game my account is logged in but I can connect to Xbox live even though my...
  6. CoD MW2 for 360 won’t connect to live on my Xbox series x. My network is fine but all my bc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    CoD MW2 for 360 won’t connect to live on my Xbox series x. My network is fine but all my bc...: It won’t work and is very annoying 795ca365-c26c-4b57-8890-8c9bde20a57d
  7. Why does my xbox 360 games not let me connect to xbox live? my wifi and everything are fine...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox 360 games not let me connect to xbox live? my wifi and everything are fine...: i don’t know why this happens but i just need help 5dbc43a5-c161-4f4c-9cf9-54492990bd0a
  8. Xbox 360 won't connect to Live, but was working fine before...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 won't connect to Live, but was working fine before...: I've been watching Netflix on my Xbox 360, and today it would not load and said I need a connection to Xbox Live. I tested the Xbox Live Connection and it says "connected" for Network and...
  9. Xbox 360 refuses to connect to wifi when all other devices connect fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 refuses to connect to wifi when all other devices connect fine: It says it can't obtain an IP address from your router or modem. This is the Error status report. Please help. Error Status Report w:0000-0021 x:c000-4003 y:0000-0000 z:0000-0000 id...
  10. Xbox 360 won't connect to Xbox Live, but the Xbox One works just fine...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 won't connect to Xbox Live, but the Xbox One works just fine...: Country: U.S.A State: Maryville, TN Modem/Router: I have no idea. I'm on a college campus and do not have access to either. Error code: 80151904 ISP: Charter Direct connected. I don't know...