Xbox 360 connect to Network but can't get onto internet using Telstra Nighthawk MI WiFi Router

Discus and support Xbox 360 connect to Network but can't get onto internet using Telstra Nighthawk MI WiFi Router in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox 360 connect to Network but can't get onto internet using Telstra Nighthawk MI WiFi Router Hi Guys, I've followed all support steps from 1 through... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by KinderSand9171, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Xbox 360 connect to Network but can't get onto internet using Telstra Nighthawk MI WiFi Router

Xbox 360 connect to Network but can't get onto internet using Telstra Nighthawk MI WiFi Router
    Hi Guys,

I've followed all support steps from 1 through to 9 with no success. I have just purchased Telstra Nighthawk M1 (4GX Gigabit LTE Mobile Router). I have no problem connecting to network but cannot connect to internet. I have reset factory settings and removed
    all other wireless devices in house and plugged router directly into back of Xbox, whilst turning off and on each time and still with no results.

Please help kids! Kids are relentless and I am at my wits end.

Thanks, Terri

:)

KinderSand9171, Jul 16, 2017
  2. Gringo
    Gringo Guest
    Can't get smartglass to connect

Not sure what kind of "tinkering" you did, please explain. If I turn off the wifi on my iPad it does not work and says the app requires an internet connection to work. It then says, "Can't find an Xbox One to connect to. Is your console on, and connected to the same network as Smartglass?" I turned on the blue tooth, it did not work. I turned off blue tooth and turned on wifi and the app connected to the Xbox One. So in my case it would appear it is connecting through the router.

Gringo, Jul 16, 2017
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    What is Xbox LIVE?

Xbox LIVE provides you with the most amazing entertainment experience through the Xbox 360 console. You can download and play games, get instant access to a large collection of games and music, and connect with your friends.

Wireless connection

You can connect your Xbox 360 console to Xbox LIVE without the need for any network cables. There is a wireless network in place that your Xbox 360 console can use.

Requirements
    • An Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter (only available with the original Xbox 360 console).
    • A wireless access point, gateway or router that is compatible with Xbox LIVE.
    • High Speed Internet connection, preferably DSL or cable.

Note: It is not advisable to use Satellite, 3G or 4G mobile connections due to the possibility of slow performance or lag.

xboxfelix, Jul 16, 2017
  4. Honda Man 04 Win User

: Multiplayer gaming lag problems

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Hardware-Network/connect-network/ipv6-on-xbox-one

For Xbox One to connect to the internet using IPv6, your home router needs to have IPv6 enabled, and your internet service provider (ISP) must support IPv6.

Is your router a Netgear as well or is it from your ISP? If it is a Netgear here is a link to the steps to enable IPv6.

https://kb.netgear.com/24006/How-do-I-set-up-an-IPv6-Internet-connection-on-my-Nighthawk-router

If the router is from your ISP then you should contact them to get assistance in changing it if you can't do it form the Admin on your network.
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

My xbox series s does not want to connect to my wifi but connects to other WiFi I don't have a ethernet cable and other devices connect to my wifi

Hi Excel. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

What happens when you try to connect to your WiFi? Do you get any errors?

If your Series S connects to other WiFi networks, there may be an issue with your router or internet connection. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far such as restarting your router/modem?

You may need to configure your router to improve the WiFi signal and make sure your Xbox's connection isn't being blocked by the router's firewall. WiFi signal may be improved by relocating the router and changing the WiFi channels in the router settings.

Additionally, make sure the ports for Xbox Network are open in your router settings: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/connect-network/network-ports-used-xbox-live

For help with troubleshooting your router and accessing router settings, please contact your internet provider or router manufacturer.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  6. ozbundyboy Win User

My Xbox isn't connecting to me Internet/modem

Hi, are you connecting to one of the Thomson gateway 4 port modem/routers???

If so, the easiest way to fix your connection issue is to turn the modem off for between 30 seconds and a minute and then turning it back on. I use Telstra for my internet connection and that is how I manage to get my xbox to connect to xbox live via the
    wireless network.
  7. Toad 004 Win User

Built In Wireless explanation.

A wireless ISP (ex. Sprint) connects through a wireless card over a cell phone network.

How the xbox connects is it connects through your wifi signal from your router. How your router gets the signal to send out doesn't matter. So, rather than plug your xbox 360 into your router, it connects through the signal it broadcasts. It is using your
    same internet connection.
  8. Am Mixer Win User

Cannot connect to internet via WiFi to reach XBOX Live

Hello Taidara,

yes, I am referring to the XBOX power supply. It started shutting the system down periodically; currently working though. I can connect properly using a wired connection. But it is NOT asking me to connect a Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter. Just "Can't
    connect to the internet". It seems to be able to connect within our network (to the router) ... that first string when it tries to make a connection. My computer uses the same WiFi connection and works fine. Speedtest was fine....
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 connect to Network but can't get onto internet using Telstra Nighthawk MI WiFi Router - Similar Threads - 360 connect Network

2. How do I get my Xbox 360 to connect to the network and Internet when I have a Microsoft...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get my Xbox 360 to connect to the network and Internet when I have a Microsoft...: How do I get my Xbox 360 to connect to the network and Internet when I have a Microsoft account and Xbox account 300970eb-9557-4faa-97b3-847fbe8056a7
  3. XBOX 360 Not connecting to wifi network

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Not connecting to wifi network: Hi, I tried to use my xbox 360 after a long time and it needs a system update. But i keep getting error when it try to configure the network. It connects to the network, but its not able to...
  4. my xbox 360 wont connect to the internet. It will connect to Network, but even when connect...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox 360 wont connect to the internet. It will connect to Network, but even when connect...: my xbox 360 wont connect to the internet. It will connect to Network, but even when connect to ethernet it wont connect the internet. 4cb88463-75dd-4c20-8510-f6261bd67f9c
  5. Xbox 360 is connected to Wifi, but cannot connect to Spectrum Network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 is connected to Wifi, but cannot connect to Spectrum Network: Every device on the network is connected and works properly. However the xbox 360 is connected to the network with full signal but when running an xbox live connection test it fails to connect to...
  6. CoD MW2 for 360 won’t connect to live on my Xbox series x. My network is fine but all my bc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    CoD MW2 for 360 won’t connect to live on my Xbox series x. My network is fine but all my bc...: It won’t work and is very annoying 795ca365-c26c-4b57-8890-8c9bde20a57d
  7. Xbox 360 slim won’t connect to my network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim won’t connect to my network: basically what the title says I have been trying to connect to my xbox 360 slim to the internet to download my old profile from xbox live however I cannot connect to my wireless network. Every...
  8. Why can't I connect to the internet with my Xbox 360 even though the network is connected...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I connect to the internet with my Xbox 360 even though the network is connected...: Why can't I connect to the internet through my Xbox 360 even though I'm connected to the network with the Ethernet plug 96638d9a-dfdd-499b-b53a-78758f3b37f3
  9. 360 won’t connect to internet but connects to home network

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 won’t connect to internet but connects to home network: I recently bought an Xbox 360 and try to connect to Xbox live. It will connect to my home network with no issues but when I test for the Internet it says there’s a failure I’ve tried this with...
  10. Xbox 360 used to connect to network but now won’t connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 used to connect to network but now won’t connect: I haven’t used Xbox 360 for a while and now it says network not working but router port light flashes while testing Xbox live connection. I am on same modem/router and internet, tried network...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. telstra router wont connect via wi fi to my xbox 360