Xbox 360 can't read Hard Drive after only connecting it to PC.

Discus and support Xbox 360 can't read Hard Drive after only connecting it to PC. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi everyone, This ominous evening, I decided to look at my saved files on the Xbox 360 HDD using my PC. I connected it, didn't restore it and left it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gabri Camp, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Gabri Camp
    Gabri Camp Guest

Hi everyone,

This ominous evening, I decided to look at my saved files on the Xbox 360 HDD using my PC. I connected it, didn't restore it and left it on "RAW". I opened FATXplorer to see the files, closed it, and turned off the PC. The problem is that the console goes on the dashboard, but can't access the hard disk that isn't even listed.

At the moment that I'm writing I'm doing a backup with the same program. FATXplorer has a function that says it's missing a Security Sector, but i don't know how to retrieve it considering I can't access to the files on Windows.

I searched online to find some solution but the only thing I could find was this post:

[Mod removed]

Unfortunately for some reason MHDD won't read any of my Hard Disks, so if I have to recover the original LBA number, I can't again.

Hoping someone can help me,

My best regards

Gabriele

:)

Gabri Camp, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

Xbox files are not meant to be seen by a PC and the hard drive is not meant to be used on a PC and then swapped back. The only way to do so would violate the terms of service so we cannot assist with that issue here.
  3. Knowitall(2) Win User

Using a portable HDD

The small print at the bottom of the page that I linked for you mentions:

"USB flash drive is not a hard drive."

Xbox's connection with an external drive is read-only. You can only read files that are already on the drive after connecting. You can't save game files or anything else on the Xbox main drive onto an external hard drive.
  4. HassanB Win User

xbox external hard drive

Hello,

If you're talking about the hard drive that sits on top of the arcade edition Xbox 360 if you've formatted that on a PC then that hard drive is essentially useless. The console can only read FAT32 formatted console drives, however these need to be in a very
    particular file system structure for the console to read the drive. There's no way to format that hard drive with anything other than a Xbox 360 console and expect it work, it just won't, or it will and it will only appear as a USB Flash Drive.
  5. onyxishere Win User

XB360 not seeing hard drive - how do I check it for errors on my PC?

Do not follow the advice posted above. If you connect your device to the pc and attempt to format it there you will lost the programming that allows the device to be read by the Xbox 360 as an official hard drive. At that point it will only be able to
    be read as a usb device and give you a maximum storage space of 32GB.
  6. Miguel ÁngelSaavedr Win User

Can I keep my Xbox 360 Slim HDD Data If Replaced?

Actually, there IS a way to connect the hard drive to the PC. You just have to buy a standard S-ATA to USB adapter and then connect it to your PC. You can then read the data using xbox 360 xplorer (or something like that, can't recall the exact name though)
    and back it up on you computer HDD.

That same adapter can also be used as a data transfer cable for xbox.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 can't read Hard Drive after only connecting it to PC. - Similar Threads - 360 can't read

2. Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...: I keep getting booted off of multiplayer on battlefield 3 Xbox 360 stating it can't read the disk, the disk is dirty, but I'm playing on a digital copy? No disk 3c1658df-fc75-4e8d-a104-75722ea3f4c7
  3. Why won't my xbox 360 read my game it keeps popping up: error can't read disc and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my xbox 360 read my game it keeps popping up: error can't read disc and...: I've tried cleaning the disc and the xbox and reseting it multiple times and it doesn't work,the disc isn't in the worst condition a little scratched but it's ok and nothing I do seems to work I...
  4. Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?: My Xbox 360 when I load disc it starts reading then says open tray, why won't the 360 read any disc? e28561b2-8542-43d3-8a7e-44455af5b8bd
  5. Xbox One can't read Xbox 360 Discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One can't read Xbox 360 Discs: Hi, whenever I tried inserting a Xbox 360 game disc (that's backwards compatible on Xbox One) into the console, it doesn't read the disc. My screen is just blank. Not even a prompt shows up to...
  6. Xbox one can't read xbox 360 disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one can't read xbox 360 disc: Suddenly my xbox one stopped to read xbox 360 disc. When i insert the 360 disc it start to spin for 1second and it stop like there's no power to spin the heavy disc but when i insert xbox one disc...
  7. My xbox 1 s can't read 360 backward compatible games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox 1 s can't read 360 backward compatible games: Yes, my xbox 1 s wont read 360 disc, it works on my older xbox 1, but not on either of my 1 s Just brings up blue ray player and say wrong disc type, the one s does play xbox 1 games and DVD just...
  8. Xbox One X can't read Xbox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X can't read Xbox 360 games: Hey, I wanna play CoD: MW2 but my One X doesn't read any of my old 360 games. Xbox One Games, DVD's, BluRays are working, but no 360 game. I'm on the Xbox One Update Preview Beta Version:...
  9. retrocompatibility (can't read Xbox 360 games one my Xbox One)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    retrocompatibility (can't read Xbox 360 games one my Xbox One): Hi huys ! I have a problem with my Xbox One, when i put a CD of a Xbox 360 game one my Xbox One (he is compatible ...) the blue-ray reader gets started and an error message appears. I can't...
  10. XBOX 360 Can't Read Data From USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Can't Read Data From USB: Hi, I had been having trouble with my xbox 360 hard drive (would sometimes show up unformatted, which is apparently common for older hard drives), and eventually transferred most of my game files...