XBOX 360 Can't Read Data From USB

Discus and support XBOX 360 Can't Read Data From USB in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I had been having trouble with my xbox 360 hard drive (would sometimes show up unformatted, which is apparently common for older hard drives), and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jRibz3, Nov 17, 2015.

1. jRibz3
    jRibz3 Guest

Hi,

I had been having trouble with my xbox 360 hard drive (would sometimes show up unformatted, which is apparently common for older hard drives), and eventually transferred most of my game files onto a flash drive (Lexar, 16GB). I foolishly thought this
    was the safe option. When I first made the transfer, I was able to load game data from the drive effectively. However, the next time I turned my xbox on, the flash drive did not show any files. It still showed that it was 95% full or so, and in fact I transferred
    in some profile information which slightly increased that percentage. However, when I select the flash drive nothing shows up. How can I get this data back? I'm willing to spend money on a new hard drive or usb if necessary to transfer the data onto a new
    device. There are too many memories on this flash drive! Thank you for any help.

Also, I am using an xbox Elite.

:)

jRibz3, Nov 17, 2015
  2. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    Issues Moving Files from 360 to PC via USB

Hi, you can't do what you propose, your PC can't read the data the xbox stores on your USB device.

-

support.xbox.com/.../usb-flash-drive

-

Note Information stored by your Xbox 360 console on a USB flash drive can’t be viewed or accessed on a computer.

EggsBoxJuan, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Zeong
    Zeong Guest
    Save Xbox 360 on USB for Xbox one (S)

Hello, I have change my xbox 360 for an Xbox one S and I have store all data (save and more) on USB but when I put it in my Xbox one I understood that the xbox one couldn't read data from this. I would know if there is existing application for switch data
    from Xbox 360 like Xbox one?

Zeong, Nov 17, 2015
  4. Irixion
    Irixion Guest

You can't. Flash drives are terrible for any operations that require a lot of read and writes. Your file system has been corrupted and there's no way of getting those files back. If you've tried numerous times, try to turn the console on, and then plugging
    in your drive. If it still acts up, then there's unfortunately nothing you can do.

Irixion, Nov 17, 2015
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Issues Moving Files from 360 to PC via USB

Hi, you can't do what you propose, your PC can't read the data the xbox stores on your USB device.

-

support.xbox.com/.../usb-flash-drive

-

Note Information stored by your Xbox 360 console on a USB flash drive can’t be viewed or accessed on a computer.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Save backwards compatible game save on usb

Currently the One will only recognize 360 save data from the cloud. It will not read it from a USB.
  7. IceStorm III Win User

My 60gb hdd is seen as a usb hard drive.

[quote user="Jennifer79"]When I plug it into the transfer cable it reads it as a usb device even though its an xbox hdd.[/quote]Return it to the seller for an exchange or refund.
    How can i get it to recognize the hard drive?
    You can't.
    Why
    isnt the xbox reading it as an xbox hdd?
    Someone reformatted it using a third party cable or a PC. This destroys the custom partitioning, formatting, and security data on the drive required for the 360 to recognise it as a HDD.[quote user="FrostWolf
    xX"]You can't do it that way. You have to copy the profile to a usb and then copy it from the usb to that harddrive on the other xbox.[/quote]An official data migration cable can be used to Copy or Move data from an official HDD to another storage device.
    There's no reason to go through a USB Flash Drive if he has the cable.
  8. The Last Ewok Win User

is there a way to be able to keep using the old memory unit ....

The Xbox 360 Slim does not have a memory card slot, only HDD and USB. If you have access to another Original Xbox 360, you should be able to save the data from your memory cards to a USB, and then transfer said data from those USB drives, to your Xbox 360
    Slim.

Best of luck!
  9. XBF Leonzo G Win User

cambiar idioma -[Translation - change language]

Hello Luis,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. The Xbox 360 does not have language packs for the media player. The console is reading the data for the movie from the USB drive. Thus, the movie must be in the desired language before it is placed in the
    USB drive. We hope this helps!
Thema:

1. XBOX 360 Can't Read Data From USB - Similar Threads - 360 Can't Read

2. Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...: I keep getting booted off of multiplayer on battlefield 3 Xbox 360 stating it can't read the disk, the disk is dirty, but I'm playing on a digital copy? No disk 3c1658df-fc75-4e8d-a104-75722ea3f4c7
  3. Why won't my xbox 360 read my game it keeps popping up: error can't read disc and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my xbox 360 read my game it keeps popping up: error can't read disc and...: I've tried cleaning the disc and the xbox and reseting it multiple times and it doesn't work,the disc isn't in the worst condition a little scratched but it's ok and nothing I do seems to work I...
  4. Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?: My Xbox 360 when I load disc it starts reading then says open tray, why won't the 360 read any disc? e28561b2-8542-43d3-8a7e-44455af5b8bd
  5. Xbox One can't read Xbox 360 Discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One can't read Xbox 360 Discs: Hi, whenever I tried inserting a Xbox 360 game disc (that's backwards compatible on Xbox One) into the console, it doesn't read the disc. My screen is just blank. Not even a prompt shows up to...
  6. Xbox 360 can't read Hard Drive after only connecting it to PC.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 can't read Hard Drive after only connecting it to PC.: Hi everyone, This ominous evening, I decided to look at my saved files on the Xbox 360 HDD using my PC. I connected it, didn't restore it and left it on "RAW". I opened FATXplorer to see the...
  7. Xbox one can't read xbox 360 disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one can't read xbox 360 disc: Suddenly my xbox one stopped to read xbox 360 disc. When i insert the 360 disc it start to spin for 1second and it stop like there's no power to spin the heavy disc but when i insert xbox one disc...
  8. My xbox 1 s can't read 360 backward compatible games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox 1 s can't read 360 backward compatible games: Yes, my xbox 1 s wont read 360 disc, it works on my older xbox 1, but not on either of my 1 s Just brings up blue ray player and say wrong disc type, the one s does play xbox 1 games and DVD just...
  9. Xbox One X can't read Xbox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X can't read Xbox 360 games: Hey, I wanna play CoD: MW2 but my One X doesn't read any of my old 360 games. Xbox One Games, DVD's, BluRays are working, but no 360 game. I'm on the Xbox One Update Preview Beta Version:...
  10. retrocompatibility (can't read Xbox 360 games one my Xbox One)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    retrocompatibility (can't read Xbox 360 games one my Xbox One): Hi huys ! I have a problem with my Xbox One, when i put a CD of a Xbox 360 game one my Xbox One (he is compatible ...) the blue-ray reader gets started and an error message appears. I can't...