Xbox 360 can still read og Xnox doscs as well as 360 discs but my Xbox One cant read...

Discus and support Xbox 360 can still read og Xnox doscs as well as 360 discs but my Xbox One cant read... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Like the title says. I'd understand if it was my 360 that couldn't read games I'd played before on the same console because it's old af. But my 360 is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SammaKlaus, May 13, 2021.

1. SammaKlaus
    SammaKlaus Guest

Xbox 360 can still read og Xnox doscs as well as 360 discs but my Xbox One cant read...

Like the title says. I'd understand if it was my 360 that couldn't read games I'd played before on the same console because it's old af. But my 360 is still going strong. Meanwhile my Xbox One can't even seem to realize there's a disc in its slot, much less read the damn thing. And all I wanted to do was try GTA Online again. I don't have the money to Rebuy all of my games or even get a new console. Pissed off, hoping there's a solution other than "hard power reset" or whatever it's called....because I tried that.

:)

SammaKlaus, May 13, 2021
  2. Siriusdish Win User

Xbox 360 can still read og Xnox doscs as well as 360 discs but my Xbox One cant read anything. ****??

The disc drive is most likely broken. Contact Microsoft so they can repair it.
  3. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Xbox 360 can still read og Xnox doscs as well as 360 discs but my Xbox One cant read anything. ****??

4. Obsessive Power Win User

HELP ME PLEASE! XBOX ONE BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY NOT WORKING AT ALL?!?!?!!?!?!?

Hi,

It's not the discs it's your console. If your console can not read DVD movies then it won't read Xbox 360 games either. DVD movie discs use the same type of discs that 360 games use (DVD-9).

The Xbox One has two lasers to read discs. One for Blu-rays - which Xbox One discs games are made of - and one for reading DVD's and Xbox 360 games.
  5. H2O Dark Angel Win User

My Xbox won't Read Gears of War 3

6. Obsessive Power Win User

ALL XBOX360 backwards compatibility DVD's are unreadable on XBOX One X!

May I point some things out.

Xbox one games on disc are stored on Blu-ray discs. Only the Xbox 360 and the original Xbox use the 'DVD' format.

What difference does this make?

All Blu-ray drives can read DVD discs as well as BD discs, but the laser diode to read DVD discs work at a different frequency to Blu-ray. As I understand it, these diodes are contained in the same package in the drive.

If a hardware fault occurs with the drive, it may manifest with ability to still read BD discs but not DVD, or the other way round.

If your console can't Xbox 360 games, but can read Xbox One games, it usually means the drive is faulty.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 can still read og Xnox doscs as well as 360 discs but my Xbox One cant read... - Similar Threads - 360 still read

2. When the 360 store shuts down in July will get on disc still be able to be updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    When the 360 store shuts down in July will get on disc still be able to be updated and...: Just wondering as I have quite a few games that I have not played yet. Will they install from dosc and will they get updated after next month or so I need to install them beforehand? Thanks....
  3. When will you take Xbox 360 games down off from the Microsoft store Will I still be able to...

in XBoX on Windows
    When will you take Xbox 360 games down off from the Microsoft store Will I still be able to...: When will you take Xbox 360 games down off from the Microsoft store Will I still be able to play my Xbox 360 games download from the Microsoft store once there taken down from off the Microsoft...
  4. xbox 360 still getting updates in 2024

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 still getting updates in 2024: so this WILL confuse you (90% chance) but basicly i was running 17559 a month ago i try to play farmin sim 15 on the 360 and wloudnt you guess it UPDATE then it kicks me to the dash i check the os...
  5. Can Xbox 360 still stream to twich

in XBoX on Windows
    Can Xbox 360 still stream to twich: I saw that it could In 2019 but I'm not sure if it is still capable 300742ef-7513-4b4e-b5d7-a9e25bf267a0
  6. Does Microsoft still repair 360 consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft still repair 360 consoles?: Flashing red lights error around power button. 610d5d08-7e34-4364-8526-77fb634bb072
  7. Does Xbox 360 beacons still work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox 360 beacons still work?: I’m looking at setting up a beacon on Xbox 360 but when l press set beacon it says there’s no recent activity. Is this just a glitch on my end or is beacons impossible to set up now?...
  8. Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...: Hi guys, I have an old 360 account which is connected to my parents old email which he no longer has access too. On this account I have a number of purchased games I would like to access. I still...
  9. Once the Microsoft store for the Xbox 360 shuts down will all purchased games still be...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Once the Microsoft store for the Xbox 360 shuts down will all purchased games still be...: I want to purchase armored core for answer on the Xbox 360 I don’t have enough room on my Xbox 360 at the moment to download it my question is when the store shuts down if it is not downloaded...
  10. Can you still play ace combat assault horizon on xbox 360 s with disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you still play ace combat assault horizon on xbox 360 s with disc?: Hello xbox. I was wondering if ace combat assault horizon is still playable on xbox 360 s if you use the game disc. I heard its not working digitaly but does it work by inserting the disc?...