Xbox 360 bridge network connection - DNS issues - Help please

Discus and support Xbox 360 bridge network connection - DNS issues - Help please in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't know where to post this but anyway: I am using an ethernet cable to connect my 360 to my PC. Then I am creating a bridge connection between my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Crossfire77, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Crossfire77
    Crossfire77 Guest

I don't know where to post this but anyway:

I am using an ethernet cable to connect my 360 to my PC. Then I am creating a bridge connection between my xbox and network. It didn't even connect to the network when I ran the xbox live test. So, I went into the bridge network properties and put in all
    of my PC's ip info (IP, subnet mask, gateway), and entered the appropriate ones on my xbox network configuration as well.

Now it connects to the network, but the internet and xbox live steps of the test still fail. The error says that my DNS settings may be wrong, and that "DNS isn't resolving xbox server names".

I have tried setting the primary and secondary DNS adresses manually on my xbox to the ones that my computer uses, and also I set them to the same in the properties of the bridge connection, but it still gives the same issue. I've even tried setting everything
    to public usable DNS server adress but nothing is working. Help?

:)

Crossfire77, Jan 30, 2017
  2. Having trouble connecting try this.

goto your network settings on your xbox 360 and set your primary dns to 8.8.8.8 and secondary dns to 8.8.4.4 it is the google public dns
    Public DNS  |  Google Developers

i know if your using a wired connection it should help it might help with wireless connections to.

BaseSnail65818, Jan 30, 2017
  3. TheBigBuffet
    TheBigBuffet Guest
    Internet Connection Sharing, or bridging did not work for my connection

I tried every way to connect to xbox live from my hotel, bridging the connection nor internet sharing worked...got to different error messages. went to all kind of forums..please help.

When i use internet connection sharing, the live connection fails and when i run the test it passes the network and internet test, but fails at xbox live and says live connection error. All my live status are up

When I bridge the connection the test fails at the internet step and says, "your dns server cant resolve xbox live server names

TheBigBuffet, Jan 30, 2017
  4. Wi11i4m1993 Win User

Nat moderate help

yes but a network bridge was impossiblle to do for me :) now i hav done nothing and the xbox can't connect to internet at all and just say it is a DNS problem :S
  5. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Can't connect xbox 360 to wifi

‬Hi, jheifetz,

I hope you are doing well today. Welcome to the Xbox Community. You are having network issues and coming back with DNS issues. I am happy to help and provide some additional suggestions to see if we can find a solution.

Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 network connection

If your Xbox 360 console is having network connection issues of any kind, we'll point you to the best solution for the specific type of connection issue you're experiencing.

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as "Answered." If this does not resolve your issue, please let me know, and we can continue to try other things to see if there is a solution.
  6. Ryan [Limitless] Win User

DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.

7. GMAN990 Win User

Can't connect to ceartain network (DNS?)

Hi,

No DNS is not the issue here its just that you can't connect to the wireless network at all, until you can connect to the network it won't get an ip address or a DNS address, even if you manually enter an address it won't help because it isn't connected
    to the wireless network.

The router issues the Xbox an ip address and DNS settings, but it won't until has connected to the network first which it can't at the moment.
  8. omgjordin Win User

Xbox 360 dns problem

Hello! Thanks for reaching out on the forums. Here are some steps that might help resolve your issue.

Like many other network devices, the Xbox 360 uses the domain name system (DNS) to translate Internet addresses into numerical Internet protocol (IP) addresses. If the console is unable to retrieve the values for the DNS, the Xbox 360 will not be able to
    connect to the Xbox Live network properly. The following demonstrates how to resolve most issues surrounding DNS errors, which can be caused by faulty networking equipment or incorrectly set DNS values.

1. Turn off the Xbox 360 console by pressing the power button on the front of the console. If you have a wireless networking adapter installed, unplug it from the USB port. Turn off all wired or wireless hardware capable of supplying an Internet connection
      to the Xbox 360 console; this includes wired and wireless routers and modems.
    2. Turn on the modem and allow it to fully restart. Then, turn on the wired or wireless router connected to the Xbox 360 console and allow it to fully restart. Repeat this process for every other piece of hardware connected to the console.
    3. Turn on the Xbox 360 console and scroll to “My Xbox”. Select “System Settings” and then select “Network Settings”. Choose between “Wired Network” or “Wireless Network” and then select Test Xbox Live Connection. Allow the test to fully complete. If any DNS
      errors persist, move on to the next step.
    4. Enter a manual DNS value for use with the Xbox 360 console. This value can be retrieved from your computer by checking its network settings, or by contacting your ISP. Make sure to copy the values down on a piece of paper. After acquiring the correct DNS
      values, select the wired or wireless network you’re using on your console and select “Configure Network." Choose “DNS Settings” on the “Basic Settings” tab and select Manual. Select “Primary DNS Server” and enter the first DNS value. Select “Secondary DNS
      Server” and enter the second DNS value. Afterwards, test the Xbox Live connection once more.
    5. Use a direct connection to your modem if you still have DNS errors. Directly plug your Xbox 360’s Ethernet cable into the modem. If the DNS error is resolved, you may be having problems with your router. Consult the router’s instruction manual for how to
      resolve this problem.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 bridge network connection - DNS issues - Help please - Similar Threads - 360 bridge network

2. None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live: I have 2 Xbox 360's and I've been trying for the last week to get either of them to connect online so that I can download DLC and updates for my library before the store goes down in July. My...
  3. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  4. Recover things from a long wiped 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover things from a long wiped 360: I have an odd situation. In mid 2015 my whole XBox 360 wiped itself and I don't know why. It had also done this once before, I'd estimate around mid 2014. I did lose stuff I cared about, but I was...
  5. XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error: Hello! I recently got an Xbox Series S and have been attempting to play Fallout: New Vegas on it via backwards compatibility, however an issue has been coming up preventing me from this. I have...
  6. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  7. Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!: I hooked up my 360 so i can play while my xbox one is being used and i have a few games that are not compatible on the new gens but its taking sooo long to download anything and its downloading at...
  8. Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games: I’ve been seeing people with this problem as well where you can’t sign into xbox live on 360 making you not be able to play anything online. Any video I find to help either requires me to delete...
  9. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  10. Xbox 360 wifi connection problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wifi connection problem: I'm not ale to connect to wireless wifi with my Xbox 360 and I keep getting a error when I try and it says failed then two blocks 698b7610-5b9d-4c61-838e-251c0fd1a866