XBOX 360 Boots without disc drive connected

Discus and support XBOX 360 Boots without disc drive connected in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Took apart a 360 with E-64 issue. Really clean virgin unit (stickers were still in place). Yet getting E-64 which points me to disc drive. Had another... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by B.L.2, Oct 27, 2019.

1. B.L.2
    B.L.2 Guest

Took apart a 360 with E-64 issue. Really clean virgin unit (stickers were still in place). Yet getting E-64 which points me to disc drive. Had another set of the power cords - no joy (still E-64). Changed to another drive - no joy (still E-64). Left
    the disc drive connections off and she boots up promptly and perfectly. I attach the sata cord and the 360 stays booted not recognizing drive. Plug in the power cord and it will re-boot and go into e-64. Assuming that the motherboard has a solder short
    connecting pin 4 and 6 of the power so it boots without the drive. I have yet to check that but can anyone think of anything else I am missing? I'll put motherboard out of the chassis and investigate and let you know but that is literally all I can think
    of... let me know if there is another possibility. Thank you.

:)

B.L.2, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

As self-repair is a violation of the terms of service, this cannot be discussed on the forums.
  3. mrbofus_ Win User

Xbox 360 won't boot with USB external hard drive connected

I agree that the source of the issue is the Seagate 1TB drive. The drive works fine with the Xbox 360 except for the first boot. That's what I'm confused about; the drive works fine when plugged in after the Xbox 360 boots up. What's even weirder is I
    can leave the drive connected, turn the Xbox 360 on, and when the screen freezes, leave the drive connected but turn the Xbox 360 off and back on immediately and the Xbox 360 will boot up.

If the drive didn't work with the Xbox 360 at all, I wouldn't even be here. But it is only having issues on the first boot. This doesn't make sense to me. If the Xbox 360 recognizes the drive under every other condition, what is causing the issue with
    the first boot?
  4. AndreaMyersaam Win User

help with update error code 23ef-351f-b800-0f00-c000-0013

Ok well that solves that part, lol.

Does it give the error upon boot up? Is there a disc in the drive? Are you connected to Xbox LIVE?

Have you tried it without the hard drive/memory cards/USB drives attached to see what happens?

I would suggest attempting to update without the hard drive attached, and when it asks for storage, reattach it and see what happens.
  5. Tosheroon-DA2C00BF-3 Win User

kinect is off when booting xbox one

Do you have an external drive connected to the xbox at boot? My Kinect remains off if I boot the Xbox with my WD external drive plugged in. If I boot the Xbox without the external drive and reconnect it after start up, the Kinect works as normal.
  6. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Xbox won't work; dashboard won't load and games won't play

Hey there. Try booting up your console without it being connected to the internet. Do you get the same results? Also try booting it up
    with the hard drive removed, and see if that has any results. Post back afterwards as to what happens.
Thema:

1. XBOX 360 Boots without disc drive connected - Similar Threads - 360 Boots without

2. Hey there when I boot up my Xbox 360, it says "system update failed. Status code...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey there when I boot up my Xbox 360, it says "system update failed. Status code...: I need to update but it won't let me 0b85c6ff-d58d-4f23-95d7-3009cead6aac
  3. Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...: I keep getting booted off of multiplayer on battlefield 3 Xbox 360 stating it can't read the disk, the disk is dirty, but I'm playing on a digital copy? No disk 3c1658df-fc75-4e8d-a104-75722ea3f4c7
  4. Xbox 360 stuck in a "boot loop," or overheating?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 stuck in a "boot loop," or overheating?: My Xbox 360 hasn't been played in some time. I foolishly let my nephew borrow it for a summer, and upon return, it does not stay on. It turns itself off after a couple of minutes. I have attempted...
  5. Xbox 360 freez and now won't boot up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 freez and now won't boot up: HELLO i am i want to ask some questions here my xbox 360 wont boot up but its turned on and fan everything is working fine but its stay on a black screen i have trying other tv other HDMI cable...
  6. Can you boot up an Xbox 360 S if you replace its drive with a drive from an Xbox 360...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you boot up an Xbox 360 S if you replace its drive with a drive from an Xbox 360...: I have a working drive from a standard old Xbox 360 console (white unit). I also have a working Xbox 360 S console. Would the Xbox S console boot up if I pull the drive and replace it with the...
  7. Xbox 360 elite failing to boot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 elite failing to boot: when I turn on the Xbox 360 the on-off light is on but the circle is completely black. There is nothing showing on the TV and I have tried using HDMI HDTV composite and the standard TV AV. The...
  8. My 360 will turn but will not boot up

in XBoX on Consoles
    My 360 will turn but will not boot up: Yesterday I went to play my xbox 360 but there was something wrong with my system. When hitting the power button, the green light turned on but my controller would not connect. I also noticed...
  9. XBOX 360 turns on but won't boot up

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 turns on but won't boot up: hey everyone My Xbox 360 turns on but won't boot up! Any fixes for this? 3537e473-0d38-4222-b8e0-9e2d63518e9e
  10. HELP My Xbox 360 Slim wont boot or show anything on screen...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP My Xbox 360 Slim wont boot or show anything on screen...: so yesterday i was playing on my xbox 360 like everyday but today i turned it on and it does not work the only thing that my xbox 360 does is the power button is green.... and it sounds like its...