Xbox 360 backwards compatible games won't start on Xbox one s

Discus and support Xbox 360 backwards compatible games won't start on Xbox one s in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have an xbox one s but wanna play my 360 games on it such as red dead redemption and left 4 dead 2. Both of these games should be backwards... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LastArtifact751, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Xbox 360 backwards compatible games won't start on Xbox one s

Hello, I have an xbox one s but wanna play my 360 games on it such as red dead redemption and left 4 dead 2. Both of these games should be backwards compatible (it says so on the list) but when I put them in to play them is says "this game isn't playable
    here. For a list of xbox 360 games playable on Xbox one, go to xbox.com/backcompat. (0x8082000c). On the list of games it says these are playable. How can I get them to play?

Thanks

:)

LastArtifact751, Jun 9, 2018
  2. My 360 games are NOT working on my Xbox one

Hi

When I put my Xbox 360 game into my Xbox one S console (it's backwards compatible) it's a new console only 2 weeks old, it won't start or even play. It just keeps coming up "Please check the backwards compatible list".

What is going on with it!!!

ANZAC PLATOON, Jun 9, 2018
  3. biggymac376
    biggymac376 Guest
    Does xbox one s allow you to play xbox 360 games online multiplayer

As an owner of an xbox one s I do play xbox 360 games with backwards compatibility. The simplest way to explain how it does this is this: the xbox one essentially opens up the xbox 360 software to be able to play the games that are backwards compatible.
    This means that you can play with people that are playing on xbox 360 using an xbox one or one s. For a list of backwards compatible games click Available games

biggymac376, Jun 9, 2018
  4. JohnnyXeo
    JohnnyXeo Guest

Have you ever been prompted to do an update when doing a backwards compat update? Also, is it just these games?

JohnnyXeo, Jun 9, 2018
  5. No, I haven't been prompted to do an update at all when I put any 360 games in at all, and I don't think it's the games because they work fine on my 360.

LastArtifact751, Nov 2, 2018
  6. biggymac376 Win User

Does xbox one s allow you to play xbox 360 games online multiplayer

As an owner of an xbox one s I do play xbox 360 games with backwards compatibility. The simplest way to explain how it does this is this: the xbox one essentially opens up the xbox 360 software to be able to play the games that are backwards compatible.
    This means that you can play with people that are playing on xbox 360 using an xbox one or one s. For a list of backwards compatible games click http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games
  7. StuartATrueRed Win User

Buying from the 360.

If the game you purchase on the Xbox 360 is backward compatible, list here https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/games/backward-compatibility?cat=xbox360 then yes, the game will show up in your library on the Xbox Series S, and you will be able to download it at no extra cost to you. If the game is not backward compatible, then no, it won't work on the Xbox Series S.

If you look at the list on the link I gave you, you will find that Eternal Sonata is not backward compatible, so the only way you can play the game is by using an Xbox 360.
  8. XBF Erick C Win User

Games

Hey there!

There is many older games that you can play on your Xbox One S. Click on the following link for more information on backwards compatible games. There is a huge list of Original Xbox and Xbox 360 games.

Backwards Compatible Games

For more information on Playing Backwards Compatible games go ahead and follow the link below.

Playing backwards-compatible games on your Xbox One

I hope this helps.
  9. Obsessive Power Win User

Game state of decay on xbox 360 not appear on my library anymore

Hi,

The Xbox 360 version of State of Decay is not backwards compatible with the Xbox One, which is why it won't appear on your library. If you're still interested in this game you need to buy the Xbox One version.

If a 360 game is not on the Backwards compatible list you won't be able to play it on your Xbox One regardless of you owning the title.
  10. Smwutches Win User

Prototype xbox 360 disc not BC with Xbox One X

The $29 one you saw is the Xbox One version of the game which is backwards compatible with the Series S/X. The 360 version is not backwards compatible.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 backwards compatible games won't start on Xbox one s - Similar Threads - 360 backwards compatible

2. How to fix xbox 360 backwards compatible games on my xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix xbox 360 backwards compatible games on my xbox one: Ive been trying to play Cod Modern Warfare 2 (2009) on my Xbox one backwards compatible. I’ve been playing it for months with no issues until now, it won’t load past the Xbox 360 load screen...
  3. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  4. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  5. Playing bo2 on xbox one using backwards compatible but cant log in or connect to 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing bo2 on xbox one using backwards compatible but cant log in or connect to 360?: Hi there I’ve been trying to play bo2 worked for a bit and then suddenly got signed out and whenever i tried signing in it says connection lost or there has been an error connecting. I’ve tried...
  6. Xbox Live not working with backwards compatible Xbox 360 COD games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live not working with backwards compatible Xbox 360 COD games: I just downloaded COD Black Ops on my Xbox Series X yesterday and every time I try to load it or the original COD MW2 (which I already had installed and was working fine a couple days ago) the...
  7. Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games: Hello can someone please help me im having issues connecting to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games I've tried few games every games isn't connecting such as gears 2 or...
  8. Unable to Connect to Xbox live (Xbox Series X) on Xbox 360 Backwards compatibility

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Connect to Xbox live (Xbox Series X) on Xbox 360 Backwards compatibility: A few days ago, I was achievement hunting on some old Xbox 360 games and was connected to xbox live and was able to play online a day after finishing all the achievements on a game I went to boot...
  9. Can’t sign into Xbox live for certain backwards compatible 360 games on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t sign into Xbox live for certain backwards compatible 360 games on Series X: Lately I have been spending a lot of time playing Fallout 3, catching up on the DLCs I never played and recently purchased just last month. So I grabbed my old 2012 save off of my xbox 360,...
  10. Potential Backwards Compatible game list from Xbox 360 Marketplace closure?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Potential Backwards Compatible game list from Xbox 360 Marketplace closure?: Like most gamers, I have some hopes and interest in the preservation of older games. Also after the official Microsoft acquisition of Activision/Blizzard, there is even more hopes of these games...