XBOX 360 Back Compat games run like they are on a low spec emulator...

Discus and support XBOX 360 Back Compat games run like they are on a low spec emulator... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Honestly, they have framerate issues all over the place, freezing, audio sync issues, stuttering... its like I'm playing on an emulator on hardware... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Stales89, Jun 19, 2019.

1. /u/Stales89
    /u/Stales89 Guest

Honestly, they have framerate issues all over the place, freezing, audio sync issues, stuttering... its like I'm playing on an emulator on hardware that can't handle it, and I haven't seen this many issues before.

Playing Unreal Tournament 3 with laggy audio and stuttering is near impossible, not to mention the constant disconnects from Xbox Live.

On numerous occasions the audio has completely cut out and the stuttering freezes and softlocks my console.

I am running an Xbox One X if anyone is interested, and been reporting it for months.

Anyone else in my boat?

submitted by /u/Stales89
    [link] [comments]

/u/Stales89, Jun 19, 2019
  2. RandyAU93 Win User

Could not you integrate something like an emulator (as software) into the consoles?
    In essence, that is what Microsoft is doing with Xbox One's back-compat feature. The back-compat file includes emulation software to turn Xbox One into a virtual Xbox 360 or original Xbox.
  3. SaintAvalon Win User

Xbox 360 games on THE Xbox One

They would have to include architecture from the 360 or emulation to run those games. It's not about specs it's about the extra requirements they would need to allow it to read, recognize, and run those games. To do that will end up costing you more for
    the system. Generally speaking the majority of players don't end up using backwards compatibility. In the end it's this simple, it's cheaper not to include it.
  4. RandyAU93 Win User

BLACK for Xbox 360 error

For clarification: Original Xbox games on Xbox 360 require an official Xbox 360 Hard Drive be installed in the console. This hard drive contains a hidden partition that includes the emulation files needed to run the Original Xbox game. This requirement
    is the same if you're running one of the hundreds of OG Xbox games on disc on Xbox 360 or if you have downloaded them digitally.

On Xbox One, the back-compatibility for OG Xbox is built-in, and the games install in the same manner as Xbox 360 back-compat games (you download it from the Store, or you insert the OG Xbox game disc).
  5. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

XBOX 360 Lag

Emulation is the reason. Biggest reason is the change from a Nvidia GPU in the first Xbox to the AMD/ATI in the 360. A lot of graphics routines don't have a similar function on the 360s GPU and have to be run in a different manner meaning it can take several
    times the computational load to carry out the same operation with that overhead. Some games work well like Ninja Gaiden or Halo 1&2. The emulation is different for each game with backwards compatibility. Mercenaries works, but there are bugs in the emulation
    that make it unplayable after a certain point in the game and it becomes unplayable. If you check the list of backwards compatible games you will notice several have notices of the bugs running on the 360.

-

Reason the PS3 systems that had backwards compatibility literally had the PS2 CPU in the system as well since software emulation was too complicated or time consuming.
  6. UltimateJessica Win User

Backward compatability

The game disc just proves you own the game. The reason for the download is how the backward compatibility works.

It works by wrapping a 360 game in an emulator that the Xbox One sees an an Xbox One title, which is why commands like "Xbox, take a screenshot" still work.

Emulation isn't perfect, even for systems going back decades. Microsoft have to tweak their Xbox 360 emulator for each game to ensure that it works as best as it can.
Thema:

1. XBOX 360 Back Compat games run like they are on a low spec emulator... - Similar Threads - 360 Compat games

2. How to fix xbox 360 backwards compatible games on my xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix xbox 360 backwards compatible games on my xbox one: Ive been trying to play Cod Modern Warfare 2 (2009) on my Xbox one backwards compatible. I’ve been playing it for months with no issues until now, it won’t load past the Xbox 360 load screen...
  3. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  4. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  5. Xbox Live not working with backwards compatible Xbox 360 COD games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live not working with backwards compatible Xbox 360 COD games: I just downloaded COD Black Ops on my Xbox Series X yesterday and every time I try to load it or the original COD MW2 (which I already had installed and was working fine a couple days ago) the...
  6. Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games: Hello can someone please help me im having issues connecting to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games I've tried few games every games isn't connecting such as gears 2 or...
  7. Can’t sign into Xbox live for certain backwards compatible 360 games on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t sign into Xbox live for certain backwards compatible 360 games on Series X: Lately I have been spending a lot of time playing Fallout 3, catching up on the DLCs I never played and recently purchased just last month. So I grabbed my old 2012 save off of my xbox 360,...
  8. 360 compatible games won't connect to Xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 compatible games won't connect to Xbox live: Reset re downloaded game will continue to not connect to Xbox live on Xbox series x have 1gb internet and no issues with connection or Xbox f83858bd-4e88-4096-b549-7ae68716e635
  9. Potential Backwards Compatible game list from Xbox 360 Marketplace closure?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Potential Backwards Compatible game list from Xbox 360 Marketplace closure?: Like most gamers, I have some hopes and interest in the preservation of older games. Also after the official Microsoft acquisition of Activision/Blizzard, there is even more hopes of these games...
  10. Certain backwards compatible 360 games now showing on Xbox One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Certain backwards compatible 360 games now showing on Xbox One X: Recently bought a Xbox One and a few 360 discs such as MW2, Bad Company 2 and various halo install fine but games that I'd really like to play.. Bioshock 2 and Gears of War 3 don't. I insert...