xbox 360, asks to check security of profile, but won't accept my password

Discus and support xbox 360, asks to check security of profile, but won't accept my password in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; its been over a week, can't access xbox live via xbox 360, keeps asking to check security of profile, but won't accept my password, and my password is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CodyZamboni, Mar 11, 2019.

1. CodyZamboni
    CodyZamboni Guest

its been over a week, can't access xbox live via xbox 360, keeps asking to check security of profile, but won't accept my password, and my password is 100% correct when I enter it

:)

CodyZamboni, Mar 11, 2019
  2. WPAK Win User

As a side note:

If your password is longer then 16 (or 12, I'm not 100 sure) characters then the Xbox 360 console isn't able to process that, in such case please change your password to a shorter one and try to sign in again.

Also be sure to check your security settings at
    http://account.microsoft.com

to see if you have two step verification set up with a App Password, in such case you will have to use the App password and not the account password to login on the console (or turn off two step verification).
  3. XBF Lance J Win User

Hey Cody,

Thank you for reaching out. If you haven't already done so, go ahead and try logging in to our
    Account Management site. Once there, make sure there are no security alerts pending. For further assistance try reaching out to our
    Xbox Support team. Cheers :D
  4. aMexicanErb Win User

Hey CodyZamboni,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this.

I would check out the account support section online to see if you can find the issue. Here is a link that I think will help you solve your issue.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-account/error-message-email-address-not-valid

You can follow this link to verify security settings as well.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/security/verify-security-information

If neither of these links help I would check out the account support section and see if you can find a description of your issue and troubleshoot it. After that if you have no success Contact support directly

My Account support link

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/my-account

Contact support

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

I hope you are able to get the issue fixed and I hope my answer was useful! if so please mark that it was and have a great rest of your weekend!
  5. HassanB Win User

Password at login

Hi,

If you don't wish to type in your Xbox LIVE password each time you try to login to your gamertag then please download your account again.

Push the middle button on your Xbox 360 controller and go to Download Profile. I you're signed in to an account press the blue "X" button on your controller to sign out, you should then see the download profile option.

When you're done downloading the profile you'll be asked to remember your password, make sure to check the proper option, and you won't be asked for your password each time.
  6. - AJ - Win User

Why can't I login my account for Sonic 2 on Xbox system x?

Hi, Krissy! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues signing in to play Sonic.

To clarify, is this happening when trying to download your Xbox 360 profile, or while on the Xbox Series X dashboard?

• If it's happening on the console's dashboard:

- Are you able to sign in to your account at [ https://account.microsoft.com/security">https://account.microsoft.com/security ]? If so, have you tried changing your password this way?

---------

• If it's happening when downloading your Xbox 360 profile:

1) Your password is longer than the characters admitted by the Xbox 360 system. For Passwords to be accepted by the Xbox 360 system, they must be at or under 16 characters.

Or.

2) You have 2FA enabled for your account.

In this case, I'd suggest creating an app password to use on the Xbox 360 system.

To do so:

- Go to https://account.microsoft.com/security
    - Sign in to your Microsoft Account
    - Select "Advanced security options"
    - Scroll down to "App passwords" and select "Create a new app password"
    - Use this password to sign in on Xbox 360.

---------

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
Thema:

1. xbox 360, asks to check security of profile, but won't accept my password - Similar Threads - 360 asks check

2. Asking password xbox 360 game in my xbox series xs

in XBoX on Windows
    Asking password xbox 360 game in my xbox series xs: Im new at this about owning a xbox 360 game in my xbox series xs. I just bought mw3 360 game in my xbox series xs but everytime I enter the game it ask to enter password even thought I always...
  3. i want wwe 2k14 xbox 360 verison it was a good game add it back to the store xbox ask wwe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i want wwe 2k14 xbox 360 verison it was a good game add it back to the store xbox ask wwe...: i want wwe 2k14 xbox 360 verison it was a good game add it back to the store xbox ask wwe 2k can we add the game we all who played the game injoy it. i want it on the xbox series x....
  4. Xbox 360 is asking for a passkey I didn't set up.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 is asking for a passkey I didn't set up.: So as the titles says, for some reason there's a passkey being needed to sign in to my Xbox 360, I've never put one on to my account, and I'm the only one with access to the device, this also...
  5. good day, today I bought an xbox 360 but I can't do anything because it asks me for a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    good day, today I bought an xbox 360 but I can't do anything because it asks me for a...: good day, today I bought an xbox 360 but I can't do anything because it asks me for a family code but I don't have that code and they don't know it either can you help me...
  6. Xbox One S Won't Ask to Update Xbox 360 Discs that I insert

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S Won't Ask to Update Xbox 360 Discs that I insert: I am trying to play some backwards compatible games like Bioshock Infinite but nothing happens when I insert the Xbox 360 game disc. Every video I have seen on this shows a dialogue box opening up...
  7. Games for gold i can get xbox one game easy but 360 ask me for Credit card why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games for gold i can get xbox one game easy but 360 ask me for Credit card why?: I've been getting every month the games for gold i can get xbox one game easy. But when i try to buy 360 ones on my xboxone it tell me i quote i need to put a form of payment???? Seriously a...
  8. XBOX 360 _Minecraft Builder's Pack => Greek Mythology Mash-up ask me to pay again !!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX 360 _Minecraft Builder's Pack => Greek Mythology Mash-up ask me to pay again !!: Dear all, I just bought for my kids Minecraft Builders Pack...unfortunatly (and after restart and re-install twice) when i try to select Greek Mythology Mashup XBOX asking my to pay again ........
  9. Do you have lots of problems with the Xbox One? I ask, because i had the Xbox 360 and it got ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do you have lots of problems with the Xbox One? I ask, because i had the Xbox 360 and it got ...: Hey guys, since my Xbox 360 got the ring of death in 2013, i told myself that i will never buy a microsoft-console again. Now i have left lots of games for Xbox 360 and this is really annoying,...
  10. How to ask my parents for an Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to ask my parents for an Xbox 360?: Yes, I know this question has been asked many times, but I need help! I really want an Xbox 360 and I'm kinda afraid to ask my parents for one. I am doing chores and getting paid for them, but...