Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers not working with Windows 10

Discus and support Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers not working with Windows 10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I don't know what changes, if any, have gone through recently, but my Xbox 360 PC wireless receiver will not activate when plugged into its normal USB... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SpyglassWolf, May 3, 2018.

1. SpyglassWolf
    SpyglassWolf Guest

I don't know what changes, if any, have gone through recently, but my Xbox 360 PC wireless receiver will not activate when plugged into its normal USB port, nor on any other port. Likewise, I tried plugging an Xbox One controller into the PC using the charging
    cable, and that would not recognize either (I tired the one paired with the console and a spare still in the box - both did not work).

Any ideas or assistance would be appreciated.

:)

SpyglassWolf, May 3, 2018
  2. LarsAlgera
    LarsAlgera Guest
    xbox 360 controller on xbox one while using the xbox app on windows 10

i have a xbox 360 controller and i want to use it for my xbox one. i have read that it is possible while using the xbox app on windows 10. Set Up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows | Xbox Live .
    the sentence in the blue says that i can use the xbox app on windows 10 to check it if the controller is working. so my question is can it work on your xbox one the xbox 360 controller while using the xbox app on windows 10?

Set up a wired controller on Windows 10

Follow these steps to install your Xbox 360 wired controller on Windows 10:

1. Plug the Xbox 360 controller into any USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on the computer.
    2. Windows 10 will automatically install drivers for your controller, so you won't have to download or install software other than Windows 10 updates. Once you see the pop-up notification that the drivers have been installed, you can use your controller.
    3. Open a game or the Xbox app and test your controller by pressing a button, pulling a trigger, or moving a stick on the controller.
    Notes

• If your Xbox 360 wired controller is not detected by your PC, try plugging it into a different USB port, and then test it again.
    • If your controller still does not work, check that Windows 10 is fully updated. Install any updates and then try again.
    • Refer to your game documentation for information about how to configure the Xbox 360 controller for a specific game

LarsAlgera, May 3, 2018
  3. Will XBOX one controller work with xp or vista?

i have a question xbox community, i have a defective pc controller and i intend to buy an xbox one controller but i don't want to only use it for windows 10, is there a way to use xbox one controllers with windows vista or xp?

out of curiosity, i was thinking maybe install the xbox 360 drivers on windows xp and vista and install the xbox one drivers for windows 10, would this method work for an xbox one controller for all 3 operating systems?

if not, are there any alternatives to make it work with the operating systems?

ChalkyRug541072, May 3, 2018
  4. Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers not working with Windows 10

Here is a support page about the Xbox 360 wireless receiver that might help you sort through that challenge - Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows

As for the Xbox One controller plugging into the PC using the charging cable - I have also never gotten mine to work. There is the Xbox Wireless Adapter - Set Up the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows | Xbox One
    that could get you connected.

Of course, the newer controllers have Bluetooth radios in them so if your PC supports BT that is another way to get connected.

I know it is not a perfect answer/solution but hopefully this will help out.

Richard Hay (MVP), Jul 4, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: