Xbox 360 and Xbox one controller for PC

Discus and support Xbox 360 and Xbox one controller for PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, Please if i buy a Xbox 360/one controller for console can i use it on PC ? Or i have to buy a specific "Xbox 360/one controller for PC" ? (is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by greenkiwifruit, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Xbox 360 and Xbox one controller for PC

Hello,

Please if i buy a Xbox 360/one controller for console can i use it on PC ?

Or i have to buy a specific "Xbox 360/one controller for PC" ? (is it a specific model for PC or is it the exact same model than the controller for console with different package)

Thanks in advance !

:)

greenkiwifruit, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Xbox ONE controller with Xbox 360

If I own an Xbox 360E and an Xbox ONE wireless controller with a wireless pc adapter can I connect the Xbox ONE controller to the Xbox 360 through the pc adapter?

DazzledGnat9603, Nov 19, 2018
  3. RossRufener
    RossRufener Guest
    xbox 360 controller support in forza horizon 3 on pc?

will the xbox 360 controller work in forza horizon 3 on pc or do i need to buy a xbox one controller to play on pc ?

RossRufener, Nov 19, 2018
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

Many PC games let you play with an Xbox Wireless Controller instead of a keyboard or mouse. You can connect your controller to a Windows PC by using a USB cable, the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, or over Bluetooth. Some PCs also come with Xbox
    Wireless built in, so you can connect a controller directly without an adapter.
    The Xbox 360 Controller for Windows can be easily installed on any PC that has an available USB port and is running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7.

For more info:

Connect Xbox Wireless Controller to Windows PC | Xbox One Accessories

Set Up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows | Xbox Live

M3tal Daz3, Nov 19, 2018
  5. ThorX360
    ThorX360 Guest
    ThorX360, Nov 19, 2018
  6. Oh thank you for your answers !

I didn't notice the console version of controller didn't include "USB cable or a wireless adapter", that's why i didn't understand the difference with PC version of controller.

greenkiwifruit, Nov 19, 2018
  7. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    That depends.

For Xbox One controllers, you can simply buy any Xbox One controller and a Micro USB cable, and you can use it right away on Windows 10.

If your PC has Bluetooth capability and you have at least Windows 10 Version 1709 installed (1803 or 1809 would be better), you can even connect the controller wirelessly via Bluetooth.

Alternatively, if you want to use the controller wirelessly, but don't have Bluetooth, you can buy a Wireless Gaming adapter for Xbox One controllers. For example

this set with controller and wireless USB adapter included

As for Xbox 360 controllers: You will HAVE TO buy the
    Wireless Gaming Reciever for Windows
    , or make sure that you are buying a
    WIRED controller for Xbox 360 and Windows PCs

Don't make the mistake of buying a wireless Xbox 360 controller and a Play&Charge USB cable for that controller. The Play&Charge cable will NOT transmit the controller input. It will ONLY provide power for the controller and battery charging, but no input.

TL;DR: Buy
    this controller
    , and you're set, as long as you have Windows 10. For Windows 7 or 8 you need to fiddle around with drivers.

Arminator, Nov 6, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: