Xbox 1x and Start Up with Alexa.

Discus and support Xbox 1x and Start Up with Alexa. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; All, I own an Xbox 1X and an Alexa Echo. I have added the Xbox to the Alexa application. It is recognized and commands typically work well. What... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JFS 1983, Sep 22, 2023.

1. JFS 1983
    JFS 1983 Guest

All,

I own an Xbox 1X and an Alexa Echo. I have added the Xbox to the Alexa application. It is recognized and commands typically work well. What doesn't work well is when I ask Alexa to "turn on Xbox". She consistently replies with "Xbox isn't responding. Please check it's network connection and power supply." The power supply is fine. The network is working well. The only time the command to turn on the Xbox works is when I turn the Xbox on with the controller, then request Alexa to turn off the Xbox, then immediately request her to turn on the Xbox. Consistently, she turns the Xbox off with no issues ever. As long as it is within a few minutes, she will turn the Xbox on when I request her to. It seems that after about 30 minutes or more, the Xbox in incapable of turning on through an Alexa request. This has been an issue since I purchased the Xbox over a year and a half ago. I just don't **** get it. It's driving me insane. Please help.

:)

JFS 1983, Sep 22, 2023
  2. ReeceLad Win User

You will need to make sure that the console Sleeps rather than turns off.

When your console is set to sleep, your console:

Sleeps instead of turns off
    Supports automatic updates of console, games, and apps
    Needed for remote wake and fast boot
    Starts up faster
    Wakes your console with your voice (where available)

To change this setting:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power options.
    Select the Sleep option.
  3. Goomba Slayer 2 Win User

2 xboxes and alexa

You can only have one linked to it at a time Set up Alexa with Xbox One

Note Xbox Skill for Alexa may not be available in all locales.

Setup

To set up the Xbox Skill for Alexa:

1. Sign in to your Xbox.
    2. Say “Alexa, open Xbox” and open the Alexa app, or search for Xbox in the Skills section of the Alexa app.
    3. Select the Xbox Skill and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    4. Follow the instructions to discover your console and pair it to your Alexa device(s).
    If multiple people will be signing in on the same Xbox, see Use Alexa with multiple Xbox profiles.

Alexa commands for Xbox

Standard commands

For access to all the commands available for the Xbox Skill on Alexa, use the standard command structure, like this:

• “Alexa, tell Xbox to pause”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to resume”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn up volume”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn volume down 5”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn off”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Rocket League”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Netflix”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to start broadcasting”
    • “Alexa, ask Xbox what I can say”
    Both “Tell Xbox” and “Ask Xbox” work for standard commands.

Smart home commands

Alexa smart home commands work for power, volume, and media controls. With smart home commands, you can drop the “Tell Xbox” or “Ask Xbox” portion, as in these examples:

• “Alexa, pause Xbox”
    • “Alexa, resume on Xbox”
    • “Alexa, turn the Xbox volume up”
    • “Alexa, turn the volume down on Xbox”
    • “Alexa, turn off Xbox”
    The default device name in the Alexa app’s Smart Home Devices section is “Xbox,” but smart home commands will work if you change the name to something else – “Living Room Xbox” or “Zach’s Xbox,” for example. This becomes especially important if you want
    to use Alexa with more than one Xbox. You can change the device name for your Xbox under Smart Home > Devices in the Alexa mobile app.

If you’ve recently used your Xbox One and there aren’t any other smart home devices paired with Alexa, you can drop the device name altogether, like this:

• “Alexa, pause”
    • “Alexa, play”
    • “Alexa, resume”
    • “Alexa, skip forward”
  4. H3PA80R Win User

kinect

You could connect your alexa device with your xbox. Works pretty good for me.

Here is how it works:

Setup

To set up the Xbox Skill for Alexa:

1. Sign in to your Xbox.
    2. Say “Alexa, open Xbox” and open the Alexa app, or search for Xbox in the Skills section of the Alexa app.
    3. Select the Xbox Skill and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    4. Follow the instructions to discover your console and pair it to your Alexa device(s).
    If multiple people will be signing in on the same Xbox, see
    Use Alexa with multiple Xbox profiles

Alexa commands for Xbox

Standard commands

For access to all the commands available for the Xbox Skill on Alexa, use the standard command structure, like this:

• “Alexa, tell Xbox to pause”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to resume”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn up volume”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn volume down 5”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to turn off”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Rocket League”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to launch Netflix”
    • “Alexa, tell Xbox to start broadcasting”
    • “Alexa, ask Xbox what I can say”
    Both “Tell Xbox” and “Ask Xbox” work for standard commands.

Smart home commands

Alexa smart home commands work for power, volume, and media controls. With smart home commands, you can drop the “Tell Xbox” or “Ask Xbox” portion, as in these examples:

• “Alexa, pause Xbox”
    • “Alexa, resume on Xbox”
    • “Alexa, turn the Xbox volume up”
    • “Alexa, turn the volume down on Xbox”
    • “Alexa, turn off Xbox”
    The default device name in the Alexa app’s Smart Home Devices section is “Xbox,” but smart home commands will work if you change the name to something else – “Living Room Xbox” or “Zach’s Xbox,” for example. This becomes especially important if you want
    to use Alexa with more than one Xbox. You can change the device name for your Xbox under
    Smart Home > Devices in the Alexa mobile app.

If you’ve recently used your Xbox One and there aren’t any other smart home devices paired with Alexa, you can drop the device name altogether, like this:

• “Alexa, pause”
    • “Alexa, play”
    • “Alexa, resume”
    • “Alexa, skip forward”

And if needed to set it up for more than one Xbox:

Connecting and using Alexa with more than one Xbox involves some extra steps. Those steps depend on the type of commands you’re using.

To connect your first Xbox, see Set up Alexa as a digital assistant for Xbox One.
    To connect a second Xbox to Alexa:

1. Sign in on the Xbox you want to control. The Xbox you’re signed in to will automatically be linked (you can also enable it on your console under
      System > Settings > Kinect & devices > Digital assistants).
    2. Say “Alexa, tell Xbox to pair” to the Alexa device you plan on using to control the signed-in Xbox.
    3. Open the Alexa app, then go to Smart Home, select Add Device, and choose device type Other.
    4. Once your Xbox is discovered, change the default name “Xbox” to something else if your first console is also named “Xbox.” This is the device name you’ll use for smart home commands.

Standard commands

Standard commands begin with the phrase “Alexa, tell Xbox to…” and target the Xbox you’re currently signed in to. If you want another Xbox to interact with Alexa, sign in to that console and say “Alexa, tell Xbox to pair.” Alexa will
    then start sending commands from that Alexa device to that Xbox.

Smart home commands

Smart home commands, such as “Alexa, turn off Xbox” can work with more than one console if they have different names.

By default, Alexa gives the first discovered console the name “Xbox.” Additional consoles are given default names of “Xbox [####]” to tell them apart, but you can change the console name in the Alexa app to something friendlier, like
    “Upstairs Xbox” or “Josie’s Xbox.” This will enable commands like “Alexa, turn down the volume on Upstairs Xbox.”

Another option is to change the system name of one or more consoles in
    System > Settings > System > Console info to something like “DENXBOX,” for example. Alexa will then identify the Xbox by that name.
  5. Ginjee Ninjee Win User

XB1 connects to WIFI but thinks it's offline. Can't connect to Live.

Just a heads up to everyone. I rolled back thru the timeline when the issues started arising and it was the day that I linked up an Alexa. Removed the xBox from the Alexa app and everything is working again. Maybe it was just coincidental but dropping
    it here in case it works for anybody else having this issue.
  6. Gollybass Win User

How to record the gameplay on xbox one?

to add to the above, you can also set up alexa to where you can say "Alexa, tell xbox to record that" which lets you stay hands free. If you have an Alexa search for the xbox skill, it's pretty nifty.
Thema:

1. Xbox 1x and Start Up with Alexa. - Similar Threads - Start Alexa

2. one drive is not getting started

in XBoX on Windows
    one drive is not getting started: one drive is not getting started. 89c9d416-9816-45bb-a87d-b61eb53c5c72
  3. BBC iPlayer app died on me? Started freezing w Whitescreen.

in XboX Insiders
    BBC iPlayer app died on me? Started freezing w Whitescreen.: Hi. I am having issues w the BBC iPlayer freezing on a white screen on app start all the sudden. It worked fine till a week ago. 2 or 3 updates ago it started freezing. I am on Alpha Skip-Ahead....
  4. Xbox series X has problems starting up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has problems starting up: Has anyone else had issues with this? My best guess is probably a failing power supply from research. It started a few weeks ago I will go to start my Xbox Series X up and the light on the console...
  5. Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...: My question was in the title. 000f7462-b93c-4241-a2b4-c7a3e1015b0c
  6. My MSI katana's keyboard disables itself and starts pressing down random keys only when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    My MSI katana's keyboard disables itself and starts pressing down random keys only when gaming: I've tried everything with device manager but it doesn't change a single thing, i even tried using an external keyboard but the same thing happens. This issue first began a year ago when i just...
  7. Xbox games not starting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox games not starting: Every time I try to launch a game the screen goes grey then goes back to the Home Screen then when I test multiplayer connection it says I need to sign in to play the game I then tried to hard...
  8. The game couldn't start

in XBoX on Consoles
    The game couldn't start: Guys please help me my games says : the game couldn't start. Try to downloading the game agian. That happened becuse i (Patchxex) help me pls [Moderator Edit: Changed title from "Mumin"]...
  9. Smoke started coming out of my Xbox one x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Smoke started coming out of my Xbox one x.: My Xbox one x has been off for several hours when it suddenly made a weird noise and smoke started coming out of it. It smelt like burning plastic. It still turns on but it heats up very quickly,...
  10. My internet starts to spike whenever I play Roblox, and it's really annoying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My internet starts to spike whenever I play Roblox, and it's really annoying.: Roblox internet has been spiking for like a week now. I don't know why. Please help, Microsoft. 12f21ddb-5f2f-4d82-bf78-37b5d096e3aa