Xbox 1 set up in my sons name as an adult! I want to change his account to a child’s

Discus and support Xbox 1 set up in my sons name as an adult! I want to change his account to a child’s in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; basically son set up xbox 1 in his name and i am now concerned about him and would like to put family settings on as i have done for my other son but... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by alicZH, Feb 16, 2019.

1. alicZH
    alicZH Guest

Xbox 1 set up in my sons name as an adult! I want to change his account to a child’s

basically son set up xbox 1 in his name and i am now concerned about him and would like to put family settings on as i have done for my other son but it seems that he is classed as an adult account and even though i have made sure his date of birth is correct.
    It is my email that he has used. I dont want him to loose all the things he has built up such as his fortnight skins ect. Please please can someone point me in the right direction bearing in mind i no hardly anything about xboxs.

thank you in advance

:)

alicZH, Feb 16, 2019
  2. XBF Jeremy Z Win User

Hiya AlicZH,

Thank you for contacting Forum support.

Just as "Smwutches" has stated, it is not possible to convert an Adult account to a Child account.

Although, the Epic account is a different matter. As long as you know your Epic account sign in information you can try to
    Contact Epic and have them remove it from your current account and add it to your new account you'd create.

(when on epic's site click "help" and try to request a call or contact them by email)

Hope this helps.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Unfortunately there is no way to change and adult account to a child account. You would have to create a new account for him, but he would have to start over.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Moving gamertag to different account

It sounds like that account is set up as an adult account. Adult accounts cannot changed to a child account. Your only option is to create a new child account for your son. he will lose progress, as he will have to start his games again on his new account.
  5. mikey_748 Win User

Moving gamertag to different account

It sounds like that account is set up as an adult account. Adult accounts cannot changed to a child account. Your only option is to create a new child account for your son. he will lose progress, as he will have to start his games again on his new
    account.

My account which his gamertag is set up on is an adult account. Surely there must be a way of moving Gamertags between accounts?!? I've set up a child account for him but just need to move his gamertag.

Creating a new gamertag or losing the progress on his current one is really not an option.....
  6. TIM0STATIC Win User

multiplayer restrictions/

There is no adult account for my child account so I cant change my child account setting. I want to purchase something but cant since i cant find my adult account. When i press on family, it only comes up with my child account.
Thema:

1. Xbox 1 set up in my sons name as an adult! I want to change his account to a child’s - Similar Threads - set sons name

2. My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...: My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with his friends, if i factory reset it can i download games i have already purchased again?? aa06192c-8517-4ebb-9060-4741170d0830
  3. My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the...: My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the xbox ultimate game pass subscription to the new xbox. Thanks. 7efe3e50-e73a-4500-92be-37f2fd992f6e
  4. Can I set up a new Outlook account for my son with his XBox gamer tag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I set up a new Outlook account for my son with his XBox gamer tag?: My son has been locked out of his Outlook due to forgotten password and we cannot get back in via the online form. Can I set up a new account for him and link it to his existing gamer tag ID?...
  5. My son has been logged out and we have no access to the email addresa it was set up to many...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has been logged out and we have no access to the email addresa it was set up to many...: Logged out and no access to email account set to e34d4992-3f20-4ba4-8c50-b75f503d82db
  6. Am I able to gameshare MWIII vault edition with my son who has his xbox set as my home xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am I able to gameshare MWIII vault edition with my son who has his xbox set as my home xbox...: Am I able to gameshare MWIII vault edition with my son who has his xbox set as my home xbox if I preorder it? It says full MWII content is available with the pre-order, so would I be able to...
  7. Setting up 2 xboxes for my son. One at mine, one at his mother's house.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Setting up 2 xboxes for my son. One at mine, one at his mother's house.: I find it surprising but I can't find an answer to my situation on here. I hope you all can help. I separated from my son's mother a while back. I'm looking to get a place of my own soon and to...
  8. My son was using my microsoft account to play minecraft. I have set up an email for him on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son was using my microsoft account to play minecraft. I have set up an email for him on...: How can I change it to his email instead of mine? I tried to change the email on my account to his and that didn't work. I now created his own microsoft account but no idea how to link it. I have...
  9. Minecraft won't let my son play online even though privacy settings are all enabled.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft won't let my son play online even though privacy settings are all enabled.: Dear sir/madam, My son would like to play minecraft java edition on his pc on multiplayer. I have bought the game through his account in the play store. I changed all the privacy settings in the...
  10. Trying to set up my son’s series s- on his birthday! Stuck on ‘update complete!’ Screen...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to set up my son’s series s- on his birthday! Stuck on ‘update complete!’ Screen...: Greetings- frustrated dad here trying to set up my son’s series s on his birthday! He started setting it up before school and I think did some things out of order. Performed update then had to go...