Xbox 1 controller does not recognize hyper x cloud stinger headset

Discus and support Xbox 1 controller does not recognize hyper x cloud stinger headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Headset stopped working. Tried general troublshooting with no luck. Replaced headset and same issue. Updated controller and nothing. Tried headset in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by 602Diz, Jul 11, 2019.

1. 602Diz
    602Diz Guest

Headset stopped working. Tried general troublshooting with no luck. Replaced headset and same issue. Updated controller and nothing. Tried headset in alternate controller and no luck either. Any other ideas than trying to replace headset jack

:)

602Diz, Jul 11, 2019
  2. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello 602Diz,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue concerning your Xbox One console not recognizing your Hyper X Cloud Stinger Core headset.

You have mentioned already attempting troubleshooting, but we recommend to try following our
    Xbox One wired headset help support article for steps to try in order to resolve this case.

Try this for us and then let us know if this helped.

Best wishes!
  3. CaraT98 Win User

Specific headset does not work with specific controller. Help?

This is an Xbox One (the regular, run of the mill original).

The headset is a Hyper X Cloud Stinger. It has worked fine for over a year, and still works on another controller, so I can say for certain it is compatible.

The controller is a new-type custom-coloured, official one, new as of December. The controller in which the headset works is a new-type red controller, maybe a year old.
  4. Das Koop Win User

Elite Controller Series 2 compatible Headsets?

I'm using a Hyper X Cloud headset and it works with no issues. I agree with most in here - it's probably an issue with your controller.
  5. Wolverine 1091 Win User

New 3.5mm jack controller is pointless!

So after some research it appears that the hyper X cloud 2 headset doesn't work with the new controller 3.5mm port

This headset is arguably the best vs cost headset available.
  6. Arsenal123_008 Win User

GAME SOUND

Hi Erick

I am using a hyper X stinger headset and it wont give me the tab to select audio so im stuck not knowing what to do
Thema:

1. Xbox 1 controller does not recognize hyper x cloud stinger headset - Similar Threads - controller does recognize

2. Does my replacement controller get a fresh 12 month warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does my replacement controller get a fresh 12 month warranty?: Hi, I started having stick-drift issues with my controller. It was still under warranty so I got a replacement last July (11 months ago). Having the same issues again, the same direction on the...
  3. Does my Controller Warranty Cover for my battery pack when I go to return it? Or will I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does my Controller Warranty Cover for my battery pack when I go to return it? Or will I...: I would just call GameStop but I have work at 9am to 8pm, an hour before they close and I’m already a 40 minute walk. If anyone knows you’d be much appreciated!! :)...
  4. Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?: For the past several hours, my controller has been flashing twice, and then powering itself off—only to do it again a few seconds later. This problem started earlier when the batteries in my...
  5. Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back: Whenever I move Xbox cable slightly up it automatically disconnects. I’ve tried 4 different cables that work with anything else but with my Xbox series s controller it works until i lay it on its...
  6. Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?: I have gone through so many Xbox controllers with stick drift it is ridiculous. I purchased the Xbox Series S just to have my controller conveniently get stick drift exactly 1 month after the...
  7. My PC does not recognize my Xbox 360 Controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    My PC does not recognize my Xbox 360 Controllers: Hey, maybe someone can help me: I do own two original Xbox 360 controllers, one wired (fully wired, not "plug and charge"), one wireless. Both have previously worked with my PC, but recently...
  8. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...
  9. Why does my Xbox one controller not get recognized on pc.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my Xbox one controller not get recognized on pc.: Ive tried updating drivers, Ive removed hidden devices, and ive also gotten new controllers and there not the problem. I need help. 823f3aba-24fa-4217-9f7a-05dcdff72375
  10. Xbox Series controller does not recognize the original adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series controller does not recognize the original adapter: Hi all. I have 2 Xbox Series gamepads disconnected from the original macrosof adapter (which comes with the gamepad). To check, I connected it to another laptop, it works fine (it means that the...