XBOne Stereo headset mic not working (all xbox mics unreliable)

Discus and support XBOne Stereo headset mic not working (all xbox mics unreliable) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is so frustrating. My mom has bought me 3 headsets for my XBox to replace mics that stopped working before finally shelling out the big buck... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by QuickDefeat, Jun 14, 2017.

1. QuickDefeat
    QuickDefeat Guest

This is so frustrating. My mom has bought me 3 headsets for my XBox to replace mics that stopped working before finally shelling out the big buck $60 for the XboxOne Stereo headset; hopefully to end the persistent problems with the mic breaking. Now
    my mic on the XBoxOne Stereo headset just stopped working. None of the troubleshooting works to resolve the problem. I thought headsets with mics were simple technology, why can't Microsoft get right and durable enough to last. Or, is that the point...to
    keep us pressuring our parents to buy these expensive headsets. Extremely Frustrated!!

:)

QuickDefeat, Jun 14, 2017
  2. MitchPhoenix
    MitchPhoenix Guest
    quick headset ?

i have the microsoft xbox one stereo headset and ive noticed that when really loud noises happen during a game my chat icon appears on screen.

so im guessing my mic is picking up the sound, does that mean my headset is to loud? or is there a setting to lower like the chat mixer or mic monitoring?

MitchPhoenix, Jun 14, 2017
  3. Hey Trisha
    Hey Trisha Guest
    Why are my Xbox One headsets aren't working?

They need to fix the mics AND the parties. This is absolutely ridiculous...I have a stereo headset that will not work (I just love spending $50 on a headset that will not work) and have already had to go purchase a standard xbone headset bc the original
    stopped working. And the parties are dreadful. They don't even work most of the time...awful. Makes me want to go back to the 360 or get a PS4...

Hey Trisha, Jun 14, 2017
  4. CH4IN SM0KER
    CH4IN SM0KER Guest

i have the same problem, same head set ,,can hear game n music sounds from headset but cant talk in parties. hell i cant even use the hey cortanna search any more,,when i switch to my kinect i can talk to the party for like 4 minuets then the kinect turns
    off,,this is a serious issue as i play alot of multiplayer,,and the fact that its 2017 and this cant be addressed,,i had a ps3 years ago and never went thru anything like this....

CH4IN SM0KER, Jun 20, 2017
  5. CH4IN SM0KER Win User

i have the same problem, same head set ,,can hear game n music sounds from headset but cant talk in parties. hell i cant even use the hey cortanna search any more,,when i switch to my kinect i can talk to the party for like 4 minuets then the kinect turns
    off,,this is a serious issue as i play alot of multiplayer,,and the fact that its 2017 and this cant be addressed,,i had a ps3 years ago and never went thru anything like this....
  6. BKWDESIGN-bkw Win User

X Box One Controller is muted

Our xbox one controllers stopped working with the stereo headset (just the mic) all simultaneously.

We tried plugging it into the 3.5 mm jack. None of my 3 controllers worked after having worked fine for months. All updated to latest firmware.

I tested the headset on my iphone and the mic was fine there- I could record voice memos with no problems

went to GameStop and spent $50 for the stereo headset adapter, and that allowed the mic to work again for another 30 days.

Now the mic is stuck on mute again, the headset adapter’s slashmark icon stays lit
  7. Chico de Boxer Win User

Microphones on both of my headsets not working since this week's update

With me All stereo type headsets failed to work, only input sound but no mic. With the basic chat set the mic works but the gamesound comes from my tv
  8. UneasyJmitchell Win User

Xbone Headsets.

So there is NOT any new TBs or headsets out currently, that totally work (mic and all) for the Xbone.
  9. Captain Ordo Win User

Xbox One Headset Adapter Problems

I have a turtle beach px21 headset and purchased the xbox one headset adapter. The stereo sound is coming through really well, but the mic isn't working with it. Is this a known issue or is my headset mic not compatible with the xbox one?
Thema:

1. XBOne Stereo headset mic not working (all xbox mics unreliable) - Similar Threads - XBOne Stereo headset

2. REAL HUMAN NEEDED FOR WARRANTY (XBONE S ELITE SERIES 2 CORE)

in XBoX on Consoles
    REAL HUMAN NEEDED FOR WARRANTY (XBONE S ELITE SERIES 2 CORE): [img] [img] AFTER 2 ATTEMPTS TO FILL OUT A WARRANTY, FOR A LITERAL BRAND NEW CONTROLLER ( XBOX ELITE SERIES 2 CORE), TWO St*PID ERROR CODES [PICTURED ABOVE] WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET JUST HUMAN...
  3. Spiritfarer won’t open game save on Xbone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spiritfarer won’t open game save on Xbone: I played Spiritfarer for a few hours on Xbone and saved it. My game save showed up when I double checked. The next day, I went to play again and my saved game was gone. When I look at the game...
  4. Xbone One controller joystick issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbone One controller joystick issues: I play a lot of fighting games with my friends and recently I got a design Lab controller as my old one died. However I have quickly found out that when using the left joystick for my inputs in...
  5. Xbone S SSD internal upgrade failing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbone S SSD internal upgrade failing: I've tried to plug in my blank SSD and fixed up a USB drive for the offline update yet when I try to go through the update it fails within 15 seconds. TONS of other people have had EASY success in...
  6. Forza Horizon 5 quality mode (stutters like crazy) on XCG on Xbone

in XboX Insiders
    Forza Horizon 5 quality mode (stutters like crazy) on XCG on Xbone: Has anyone else noticed that Forza Horizon 5 in quality mode stutters like hell, while streaming the game from XCG to console? It runs perfectly fine on the Xbox app for my laptop. Both modes are...
  7. Is there a way to get the new XBox Insiders update for XBone controllers on PC?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to get the new XBox Insiders update for XBone controllers on PC?: I am talking about this update that reduces the latency and more critical for me allows you to switch between a connected XBox / Wireless adapter and a BT device:...
  8. Power down issues among others on both XSX and Og Xbone

in XboX Insiders
    Power down issues among others on both XSX and Og Xbone: So both my series x and OG Xbone, both Alpha skip. Problem 1: If I press and hold guide button I can't move the cursor at all, it just scrolls through the menus?! Tried reboot, hard and cold...
  9. XBOne X, Destiny 2 Beyond Light Expansion - DLC will not work for Family member on (My)...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOne X, Destiny 2 Beyond Light Expansion - DLC will not work for Family member on (My)...: Hello MS Support, I purchased and am enjoying Destiny 2 and the Beyond Light Expansion DLC on 9th November 2020 on our Home XBOne X. My son has started to play and made a separate Gamer Account....
  10. XbOne to SeriesX Network transfer

in XboX Insiders
    XbOne to SeriesX Network transfer: If I have games on my xbox one that are X/S optimised and I network transfer them will it then download an update/patch with the series X optimisations or are they completely different downloads...