Xbone S SSD internal upgrade failing

Discus and support Xbone S SSD internal upgrade failing in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've tried to plug in my blank SSD and fixed up a USB drive for the offline update yet when I try to go through the update it fails within 15 seconds.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by LilBud710, Jan 5, 2022.

1. LilBud710
    LilBud710 Guest

I've tried to plug in my blank SSD and fixed up a USB drive for the offline update yet when I try to go through the update it fails within 15 seconds. TONS of other people have had EASY success in doing this. I don't see what's going wrong. Plugging my old HDD back in works fine. I've followed multiple YT tutos and seen someone use the same exact SSD i'm trying to use. I have a sandisk 32gb not sure if it's usb 3.0 or not or if that's required for this please help!!!ALSO I have tried the drive cloning script that will not work at all either..

:)

LilBud710, Jan 5, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

3. Daft Badger Win User

Xbox series s

Depends.If they are physical versions then yes as the Series S has no disc drive.If they are digital versions then no.

A small few companies may charge for the X/S upgrade but the majority are free & any X/S version must be on the internal SSD to work or the external SSD card if you have one.
  4. [Farscape] Win User

Having Microsoft xbox division upgrade the internal ssd for me

the internal ssd is soldered to the board, it is also none upgradable, and the cost of a larger drive say 2tb would be about the same cost as the series S console.

besides they would never do upgrades hence why they sell the exspensive addon cards that are of a proprietory make.
  5. cpt sheridan Win User

Can you use a Seagate Storage Expansion Card along with an WD_BLACK 5TB P10 Game Drive on a Xbox series X

At least you gave the right advice about the optimised/upgraded SeriesX/S games only be played from the internal storage or an expansion card as there's been some bad advice given by some that you can play optimised/upgraded games from an external hdd/ssd.
  6. Smwutches Win User

External Storage for Xbox One and Xbox S

You can use a hard drive that is USB 3.0 or 3.1 It doesn't have to be an SSD. I have a regular HDD myself and it works fine.

On the Series S/X, Series S/X games and upgraded One games will only run from the internal drive or the Seagate Expansion Card. You can still store the games on a USB storage device and move it to the internal to play if needed.
Thema:

1. Xbone S SSD internal upgrade failing - Similar Threads - Xbone SSD internal

2. REAL HUMAN NEEDED FOR WARRANTY (XBONE S ELITE SERIES 2 CORE)

in XBoX on Consoles
    REAL HUMAN NEEDED FOR WARRANTY (XBONE S ELITE SERIES 2 CORE): [img] [img] AFTER 2 ATTEMPTS TO FILL OUT A WARRANTY, FOR A LITERAL BRAND NEW CONTROLLER ( XBOX ELITE SERIES 2 CORE), TWO St*PID ERROR CODES [PICTURED ABOVE] WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET JUST HUMAN...
  3. Spiritfarer won’t open game save on Xbone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spiritfarer won’t open game save on Xbone: I played Spiritfarer for a few hours on Xbone and saved it. My game save showed up when I double checked. The next day, I went to play again and my saved game was gone. When I look at the game...
  4. Xbone One controller joystick issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbone One controller joystick issues: I play a lot of fighting games with my friends and recently I got a design Lab controller as my old one died. However I have quickly found out that when using the left joystick for my inputs in...
  5. Forza Horizon 5 quality mode (stutters like crazy) on XCG on Xbone

in XboX Insiders
    Forza Horizon 5 quality mode (stutters like crazy) on XCG on Xbone: Has anyone else noticed that Forza Horizon 5 in quality mode stutters like hell, while streaming the game from XCG to console? It runs perfectly fine on the Xbox app for my laptop. Both modes are...
  6. Is there a way to get the new XBox Insiders update for XBone controllers on PC?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to get the new XBox Insiders update for XBone controllers on PC?: I am talking about this update that reduces the latency and more critical for me allows you to switch between a connected XBox / Wireless adapter and a BT device:...
  7. Power down issues among others on both XSX and Og Xbone

in XboX Insiders
    Power down issues among others on both XSX and Og Xbone: So both my series x and OG Xbone, both Alpha skip. Problem 1: If I press and hold guide button I can't move the cursor at all, it just scrolls through the menus?! Tried reboot, hard and cold...
  8. XBOne X, Destiny 2 Beyond Light Expansion - DLC will not work for Family member on (My)...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOne X, Destiny 2 Beyond Light Expansion - DLC will not work for Family member on (My)...: Hello MS Support, I purchased and am enjoying Destiny 2 and the Beyond Light Expansion DLC on 9th November 2020 on our Home XBOne X. My son has started to play and made a separate Gamer Account....
  9. XbOne to SeriesX Network transfer

in XboX Insiders
    XbOne to SeriesX Network transfer: If I have games on my xbox one that are X/S optimised and I network transfer them will it then download an update/patch with the series X optimisations or are they completely different downloads...
  10. Keep gettin "Out Of Video Memory" error message on my Xbone S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keep gettin "Out Of Video Memory" error message on my Xbone S: Just downloaded the game "Control" onto my XBone S from game pass and after a while of playing i started randomly getting after an autosave i keep getting this game crashing error message that...