Xbone One controller joystick issues

Discus and support Xbone One controller joystick issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I play a lot of fighting games with my friends and recently I got a design Lab controller as my old one died. However I have quickly found out that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IntegratedPineapple, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Xbone One controller joystick issues

I play a lot of fighting games with my friends and recently I got a design Lab controller as my old one died. However I have quickly found out that when using the left joystick for my inputs in the games it will often skip over a direction causing me to not do the special move. are there any solutions to this other than getting a new controller?

:)

IntegratedPineapple, Jan 10, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi IntegratedPineapple, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Kindly update your controller by following the steps below:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided.

If the same issue occurs, you can request a replacement for your controller by signing in to this link and submitting the controller's serial number:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

After you have successfully completed the replacement order the shipping label will be sent to you within 24-48 hours.
  3. WARRIOR I M Win User

Xbox Adaptive Controller set up

I have a new adaptive controller and have the adaptive joystick plugged into the usb on the left side of the adaptive controller, yet the joystick will not control the left thumbstick in any direction. This is my 2nd adaptive controller keyboard and
    first joystick ( first thought pads on adaptive controller were touch pads). I’m hoping someone else has had this issue and is an easy fix. I turn the adaptive controller on first, then my regular controller. I’m praying this is not a second return of the
    adaptive controller or a first of the joystick.
  4. Mister Beep Win User

Controller joystick issues

Hey there some evil dude!

Since this thread is a couple years old, I recommend posting a new thread with specific details of the issue along with troubleshooting steps you have tried. That way the community can provide support tailored specifically to you! :)
  5. some evil dude Win User

Gosh Italy, have the courtesy of reading the whole question. He said he has others that work fine so that pretty much narrows it down.

I have a similar issue as well when I'm playing Forza. It decides not to turn at full length in the steering at random after playinf for more than two days consecutively. No problems with other games so I'm convinced it's more a software issue thanks to
    the stupid computer they decided to start builing the controllers with.

To top it off, they don't bother giving a usb connection so we're pretty much left in the dark here and I'm very PO'd about it
  6. xbox360italy Win User

Hello

Things to try

Solution 1: Restart your console

• Turn your console off, wait a minute, and then turn it on again.
    Solution 2: Replace the batteries or recharge the battery pack

Do one of the following:

• If you do not have a rechargeable battery pack, insert fresh AA batteries.
      • If you have an Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack:
        1. Remove the battery pack, and reattach it to your controller, making sure that it is attached correctly.
        2. On the controller, press and hold the Guide button. In the upper-left area of the Guide button, the battery meter indicates your current level of battery strength.
        3. If the level is low, recharge the battery pack.
      • If you have an Xbox 360 Play & Charge Kit:
        1. Make sure that the battery pack is correctly connected to your controller and plugged into one of the console's USB ports. If you check both of those things but are still having the problem, try step 2.
        1. Check the USB ports on the console:
          1. Plug the charge cable into each USB port on your console, one by one. There are two USB ports on the front of the console and one on the back.
          2. If the controller works in one USB port but not another, try another accessory in the USB port that did not work with the controller.
          3. If the USB port does not work with any accessory, your Xbox 360 console might need to be repaired. Contact Xbox Support for help. See the Assistance section at the bottom of this page for more information.
    If the USB ports work, but you are still having connection problems, try step 3.

1. Turn off vibration feedback (rumbling) on the controller. If you play games with feedback while charging, it takes longer for the controller to charge and might drain the battery pack faster than it can recharge. Here’s how to turn vibration off:
        1. Press the Guide button on your controller, then go to Settings.
        2. Select Preferences.
        3. Select Vibration.
        4. Select Enable Vibration to clear the checkbox.
    Solution 3: Remove objects between the controller and the console

The controller works within 33 feet (10 meters) of your console. However, objects placed between the controller and the console might reduce this range. In addition, objects that use wireless technology (for example, a cordless phone) can interfere with
    your wireless controller. Remove or relocate objects or wireless devices that might interfere with the wireless controller or console. Here are some things that can cause problems:

• Microwave ovens
    • Cordless phones
    • Wireless routers
    • Chrome faceplates
    • Metal dividers
    • Shelves
    • Doors on an entertainment center cabinet
    Note All licensed Xbox 360 console faceplates are tested for interference and do not interfere with licensed wireless devices.

Solution 4: Disconnect all controllers and headsets

If all four lights surrounding the power button on the console are green and the controller has four flashing green lights, four controllers might already be connected to the console. Disconnect all of the controllers, and then try to connect the controller
    with the problem.

• To disconnect a wireless controller, press and hold the Guide button for three seconds, and then turn the controller off.
    • To disconnect a wireless headset, turn the headset off.
    • To disconnect a wired controller or headset, unplug its cable from the console.
    Learn more about connecting game controllers.

Solution 5: Replace your controller

If your controller still does not work correctly, it might need to be replaced. You can order a replacement Xbox 360 controller from the Xbox Online Service Center. You must register
    your console to replace a controller under warranty.
Thema:

1. Xbone One controller joystick issues - Similar Threads - Xbone controller joystick

2. REAL HUMAN NEEDED FOR WARRANTY (XBONE S ELITE SERIES 2 CORE)

in XBoX on Consoles
    REAL HUMAN NEEDED FOR WARRANTY (XBONE S ELITE SERIES 2 CORE): [img] [img] AFTER 2 ATTEMPTS TO FILL OUT A WARRANTY, FOR A LITERAL BRAND NEW CONTROLLER ( XBOX ELITE SERIES 2 CORE), TWO St*PID ERROR CODES [PICTURED ABOVE] WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET JUST HUMAN...
  3. Spiritfarer won’t open game save on Xbone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spiritfarer won’t open game save on Xbone: I played Spiritfarer for a few hours on Xbone and saved it. My game save showed up when I double checked. The next day, I went to play again and my saved game was gone. When I look at the game...
  4. Xbone S SSD internal upgrade failing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbone S SSD internal upgrade failing: I've tried to plug in my blank SSD and fixed up a USB drive for the offline update yet when I try to go through the update it fails within 15 seconds. TONS of other people have had EASY success in...
  5. Forza Horizon 5 quality mode (stutters like crazy) on XCG on Xbone

in XboX Insiders
    Forza Horizon 5 quality mode (stutters like crazy) on XCG on Xbone: Has anyone else noticed that Forza Horizon 5 in quality mode stutters like hell, while streaming the game from XCG to console? It runs perfectly fine on the Xbox app for my laptop. Both modes are...
  6. Is there a way to get the new XBox Insiders update for XBone controllers on PC?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to get the new XBox Insiders update for XBone controllers on PC?: I am talking about this update that reduces the latency and more critical for me allows you to switch between a connected XBox / Wireless adapter and a BT device:...
  7. Power down issues among others on both XSX and Og Xbone

in XboX Insiders
    Power down issues among others on both XSX and Og Xbone: So both my series x and OG Xbone, both Alpha skip. Problem 1: If I press and hold guide button I can't move the cursor at all, it just scrolls through the menus?! Tried reboot, hard and cold...
  8. XBOne X, Destiny 2 Beyond Light Expansion - DLC will not work for Family member on (My)...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOne X, Destiny 2 Beyond Light Expansion - DLC will not work for Family member on (My)...: Hello MS Support, I purchased and am enjoying Destiny 2 and the Beyond Light Expansion DLC on 9th November 2020 on our Home XBOne X. My son has started to play and made a separate Gamer Account....
  9. PC > HDMI > XBONE - One controller to control PC and XBOXONE

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC > HDMI > XBONE - One controller to control PC and XBOXONE: I have my PC connected to XBOX One through HDMI and its easy to switch to PC from XBox. But, I still am having to use a separate keyboard and mouse. I don't mind the keyboard but can't use the...
  10. Kinect voice control on xbone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect voice control on xbone: Hi all. Does anyone know when the voice commands are coming to the xbox? I know if you change the settings you can do it but bugger me I paid lots of cash and want it in NZ...