XBL app will not show my game library after clean install of the operating system

Discus and support XBL app will not show my game library after clean install of the operating system in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there... I recently needed to perform a clean install of my OS and have updated everthing to windows 11. My computer has multiple drives and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Daniel Sprague, Apr 26, 2023.

1. XBL app will not show my game library after clean install of the operating system

Hi there... I recently needed to perform a clean install of my OS and have updated everthing to windows 11. My computer has multiple drives and something caused my drive previously named G: to become E: drive. One thing i noticed is that my gaming library in the xbox app is not showing up. The games are still installed in the XboxGames folder on that drive. I have setup the Xbox app to use this Drive for all future downloads as its the largest storage option for me. The games installed are not being recognised by the app, and ive followed a few threads about how to proceed in the settings , even reinstalling the xbox app to no avail.. it just doesnt see them. Please help

:)

Daniel Sprague, Apr 26, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

XBL app will not show my game library after clean install of the operating system

Hi Daniel Sprague,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi Daniel Sprague,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today other than this account issue.

We understand that your Library content was not found after performing the clean install of the operating system.

Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern.

Please check on this article and see the steps that relates to your issue. Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support. (Open each category and follow the steps provided

[​IMG]

You may also try to follow the troubleshooting steps that this article suggested.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  4. SLB4EVERPT Win User

Error code 0x80a40019

If the above answer doesnt work you can also try to Factory Reset your console,
    choosing keep all games and apps option to not delete your games installed. This will refresh only the operative system, like a clean install of the operative system.
  5. Senseis San Win User

Black screenshot WMR

installed clean operating system with all the latest updates.
  6. SLB4EVERPT Win User

Xbox one

You can also try to Factory Reset your console.
    Choosing keep all games and apps option to not delete your games installed, this will only clean install the operative system.
Thema:

1. XBL app will not show my game library after clean install of the operating system - Similar Threads - XBL app show

2. You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link: Hello all, I've been recently having issues with playing xbox games with my friends. They would send me on invite, and I would receive a notification that they have invited me to join. However,...
  3. Get an app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Get an app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link: I'm been trying to play minecraft with my friend but I have a laptop and they both have pc and an Xbox and I when I get an invite to play with then it keep say "Get an app to open this...
  4. "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer": Whenever my friend will invite me, (theyre on xbox) i keep getting this message: "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer", and it would take me to roblox but say im not able to...
  5. How to get the Xbox App to recognise Steam Apps that can open ms-xbl-multiplayer links

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get the Xbox App to recognise Steam Apps that can open ms-xbl-multiplayer links: I just recently fully reset my PC and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro. I reinstalled Steam and the Xbox App as well as the Xbox console companion. I also installed Sea of Thieves on Steam, since this...
  6. ms-xbl-multiplayer link process app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ms-xbl-multiplayer link process app: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134. Xbox & Xbox GameBar & Xbox Live = latest from ms-store. Reinstall or downgrade all this apps not helped. GameBar xbox: connect to friend in any game and got not...
  7. You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer: I have "it takes two friends pass" , and I play on pc , but my friends play on Xbox . whenever they try to invite me to a game and I press join this message appear ( You'll need a new app to open...
  8. Get the app to open this link ms-xbl-multiplayer - Unable to play multiplayer game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Get the app to open this link ms-xbl-multiplayer - Unable to play multiplayer game: I get an error when I want to join a friend in the game sea of thives bb9d09bc-ddf6-4a0f-894a-4b90d82e23b0
  9. Can't install games on PC with XBL app because 'performance check not available yet'

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on PC with XBL app because 'performance check not available yet': I have a problem with the XBL app for PC regarding installing games. For a larger number of games, I do not get an option to install them, like Madden 23, Fifa 23, Battlefield 2042, etc. The...
  10. Please help! I'm desperate. XBL app won't upload captures even though app gives noti it's...

in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I'm desperate. XBL app won't upload captures even though app gives noti it's...: An internet search tells me this is a frequent problem, it seems. But it's one of those where you never find anyone getting a satisfactory answer. And when ppl explain writing Xbox for assistance,...