XB1 won't stay connected to Live and controllers randomly reset

Discus and support XB1 won't stay connected to Live and controllers randomly reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello there fellow gamers... I plan on doing repairs myself as I'm trained to do so as well as my console if FAR outside of warranty, but I wanted to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by l NINJA 7 l, Sep 18, 2017.

1. l NINJA 7 l
    l NINJA 7 l Guest

Hello there fellow gamers... I plan on doing repairs myself as I'm trained to do so as well as my console if FAR outside of warranty, but I wanted to ask the community for advice. So here goes.

My console has been randomly dropping offline for quite some time now. That might not be a big deal if I was playing arcade mode on MKXL or wandering the Wasteland on Fallout...but that's not the case. I nearly exclusively play Destiny...and now Destiny
    2...which of course...requires a consistent and reliable internet connection. So every single time I have even the slightest blip of loss of signal...it drops me off line. Now before I start getting the obvious responses:

1) My console is three feet from my router

2) Everything else works fine, including my lady's XB1

3) I have already attempted rebooting both the router and hardbooting the console

4) Hardlining works, but is not convenient

Now I've read several tutorials and watched the same on how to go about replacing the card. However my real question...is if this will fix both the internet problems AND the controller disconnect problems. Or if I seriously have 6 controllers all with the
    same problem.

Prompt and concise responses are appreciated.

NINJA 7......vanish....

:)

l NINJA 7 l, Sep 18, 2017
  2. ohXel
    ohXel Guest
    Xbox controller sync problems

My controllers won't stay sync to my Xbox. They disconnect randomly while I am playing a game and when they do, it disconnects me from Xbox live. This has been going on for a long time please help.

ohXel, Sep 18, 2017
  3. Case33
    Case33 Guest
    Todays Xbox Update

Mine won't stay connected to xbox live at all XB1 won't stay connected to Live and controllers randomly reset :(

Case33, Sep 18, 2017
  4. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest

Hey l NINJA 7 l! Having two consoles on the same network has been known to cause some issues so that may be why you're having an issue here. I would suggest hardwiring at least one if not both of the consoles to see if that helps resolve the issue. Additionally,
    for the controller disconnects, do you have additional consoles or devices around your console that may be causing interference? Try moving your console or the devices around it to see if clearing them out stops the disconnects. Post back and let us know how
    it goes!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Cizl, Sep 19, 2017
  5. Mister Cizl Win User

Hey l NINJA 7 l! Having two consoles on the same network has been known to cause some issues so that may be why you're having an issue here. I would suggest hardwiring at least one if not both of the consoles to see if that helps resolve the issue. Additionally,
    for the controller disconnects, do you have additional consoles or devices around your console that may be causing interference? Try moving your console or the devices around it to see if clearing them out stops the disconnects. Post back and let us know how
    it goes!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  6. LEOPECINA Win User

Controller disconnects

Same problem here.. Xb1 S controller randomly disconnects, original xbox one controller has no issues with xb1 S console...
  7. XBF Steven R Win User

Controller won't stay connected

Hey there Pig!

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your controller.

If I were you and if you haven't tried this yet, then I would suggest trying out the steps here on our support page entitled

Troubleshoot your Xbox One wireless controller.
    It has a pathway specifically for if your controller disconnects randomly.

When you get a chance, give that a shot and let us know how that helped out.

Much Thanks !
  8. REK 1 Win User

UNPLUG POWER to CONSOLE and wait 2 mins, now plug a MICRO USB cable into controller and into console, now plug power back in , turn on and see if controller stays on with it plugged into console with MICRO USB. Also try to change batteries and test
  9. JoshMurphy2 Win User

I tried all those steps and it's still the same issue.
Thema:

1. XB1 won't stay connected to Live and controllers randomly reset - Similar Threads - XB1 won't stay

2. Controller for xb1 won't turn on

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Controller for xb1 won't turn on: I tried with brand new batteries and still doesn't turn on, just flashes twice and turns off. I tried plugging it in with a usb and still not working 269f6eaf-ed97-48d4-962d-b1f2ac0f84b1
  3. Xb1 won't play backward compatible anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xb1 won't play backward compatible anymore: I have cleaned the persistent storage, a hard reset, a FACTORY reset....everything. Its like it doesn't even acknowledge I put a disk in. Will play XB1 discs, movie blu rays just fine. After I...
  4. Original Bioshock on the 360 won't install on XB1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Original Bioshock on the 360 won't install on XB1: I have tried installing my physical copy of the first release of Bioshock 1 (360 version) onto my XB1. It will not recognize it as being a game that can be installed for some reason. The box that...
  5. Two XB1 consoles, one connects to WiFi, one won't

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two XB1 consoles, one connects to WiFi, one won't: My wife and I each have our own Xbox One console. They are both connected via Wi-Fi to the same network. We use them simultaneously all the time. Now my Xbox One will not connect to Wi-Fi. I reset...
  6. Xbox One won't load games on Xbox. Seems to be breaking XB1.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One won't load games on Xbox. Seems to be breaking XB1.: Games won't load in gamepass. Yes, I have already manually shut it down, over and over again. Yes I have cleared local saved game data. It does this for an hour every time I turn it on. Even the...
  7. Really weird and frustrating problem- XB1 will install and play some of my discs and won't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Really weird and frustrating problem- XB1 will install and play some of my discs and won't...: Hi, I will try my best to keep this clear and concise despite lots of information. In the last 3-4 days my Xbox is suddenly giving me odd error messages when trying to install or play certain...
  8. Fable 3 on XB1 won't let me save game progress

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 3 on XB1 won't let me save game progress: I did not own an xbox 360. I do not have a profile from a 360. I successfully loaded Fable 3 on my Xbox One. I can play the game without saving. Do I need to have an Xbox 360 profile in order to...
  9. Won't sign in/work on XB1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Won't sign in/work on XB1: I just recently bought this game on my Xbox One, I owned it prior for 360 but I had the disc, and have since gotten rid of it. Now that I have the game downloaded, when I go to play, it says I...
  10. Minecraft: XB1 Edition won't start and can't uninstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: XB1 Edition won't start and can't uninstall: Whenever I go to run Minecraft: Xbox One Edition it gives me the error code 0x80070490 (which is strange because I think it's a streaming video error?). So then I figured I'd uninstall and...