XB1 Wired Stereo Headset/Adapter Sound Isseus After June Update

Discus and support XB1 Wired Stereo Headset/Adapter Sound Isseus After June Update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Honestly I don't think this will ever be fixed... What I also experienced is that it's clearly depending on the console's cpu/gpu load. In Witcher 3... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by blacklotus83x, Jun 7, 2015.

1. XB1 Wired Stereo Headset/Adapter Sound Isseus After June Update

Honestly I don't think this will ever be fixed...

What I also experienced is that it's clearly depending on the console's cpu/gpu load. In Witcher 3 or also in other games the crackling is extreme during fights with lots of enemies and it's almost gone in quiet scenes... Therefore I think this is a software
    issue, having to do with audio stream priorization to the controller.

However, I will give the new announced Xbox One Controller with the built in 3.5mm jack a try, hope this one will not have this issues, think we will have no other choice...

:)

blacklotus83x, Jun 7, 2015
  2. Audio & Chat won't work together

Hello AdroiTWOZ,

I was wandering have you tried to update the xbox one controller and does this issue still occur? If you have not tried to update the controller the steps are here to follow.

Before trying these updates be sure the controller has the stereo adapter connected.

Wirelss Update
    HERE
    - An Xbox One Wireless Controller purchased in or after June 2015 can take updates wirelessly without connecting via USB cable. This controller has a small, circular 3.5-mm port on the bottom of the controller; controllers without this port must update
    via USB cable.

Wired Update
    HERE
    - Follow these steps to update your controller via USB and to support the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter:

If any trouble shoot issue are need they can be found
    HERE.
    Let us know if you all ready tried these steps?

Killn The Drama, Jun 7, 2015
  3. J3RS3Y DEVIL
    J3RS3Y DEVIL Guest
    J3RS3Y DEVIL, Jun 7, 2015
  4. Mr Products
    Mr Products Guest

I agree, blacklotus83x. It's affecting so many people and yet the situation hasn't changed at all. I think that the new controller will still suffer the same issues sadly, as it's the controller's connection that isn't stable enough to handle input and sound.

LordRen83, I'm also hoping/disappointed that this may be the only solution. I'm saving up for some Astro A50's which are wireless from the controller except when using chat (which I rarely use tbf). I'm confident that with the controller out of the equation,
    I should finally be able to experience interference free audio as intended. The Astros also use a 5.8ghz frequency, which isn't susceptible to interference. That will take my total spend up to £448.84, as the Astros cost £250.00. Thanks, Microsoft.

Still no sign of Mister Quimby. He's probably out selling snake oil.

Mr Products, Jun 7, 2015
  5. Mr Products
    Mr Products Guest
    After Mister Quimby's decision to go completely AWOL, I decided that the best thing we can do now is raise awareness of this issue.

For that reason, I've written an article about the problem in the hopes that it will help others save time and money when it comes to troubleshooting, and encourage more people to step forward and let Microsoft know that their lack of action is unacceptable.

www.awesomegames.co.uk/what-is-wrong-with-the-xbox-one-controller

Sadly the majority of people who are reading the article seem to be of the impression that because it hasn't happened to them, then it isn't an issue at all. We know that this simply isn't true.

Remember, the more people who come forward and make their voices heard, the more pressure will be put on Microsoft to act and finally fix this long-running issue that so many people seem to have.

Mr Products, Jun 10, 2015
  6. So taking off the headset adapter works? Interesting.

Edit: By works I mean the disconnecting is gone, obviously not going to help if you need headphones for audio sound and chatting with others. The kinect is not a good solution for party chat trust me lol. I'll have to give this another try and see how it
    works over the next few weeks.

I wonder if the new controllers will fix this problem. Will kinda suck for me since I bought two new ones since the release of the system but paying $60 beats the alternative methods. I will wait on results for those that are willing to go that route.

Jagr-629C77A0-3A2B-4CAC-8E44-1D8CFFD08E2B, Jun 18, 2015
  7. I have been having these issues also. Today I went to the Microsoft store and bought the new Covert Ops controller. You know the one with a 3.5 mm headphone jack and "improved" audio.

Well, the crackling, popping, and dropping of sound is still there.. Sigh..

I have the official Xbox stereo headset using the chat adapter that came with it. Tried the stereo headset plugged direct to the 3.5 mm jack and still have the same issue. I have exhausted all the usual steps of power cycling, charging, etc etc adnauseum..

I am also in the preview program if that makes a difference.

P.S. I can plug the stereo headset into my PS4 controller and the audio is flawless.

StormtrooperGG, Jun 19, 2015
  8. Mr Products
    Mr Products Guest

Hi StormtrooperGG,

Thanks for the update. Ah, that's such a shame. I had seen a few posts on the Xbox One subreddit where people were saying the new controller had eliminated audio issues for them, but as we know with this problem it isn't easy to narrow down and can occur
    at a later date. I wasn't convinced myself.

I tweeted Microsoft's Albert Penello and asked whether the radio/wifi frequency had changed in the new controller and he said it hadn't. I do know that they've removed the infrared from the controller, though. He stated that any controller issues are down
    to interference but wouldn't specify what the controllers are susceptible to.

I'll be getting my hands on the new controller shortly from a friend so hopefully I can give it a go myself. I'll report back with my findings as always. Still can't believe nothing is being done about this issue.

Mr Products, Jun 19, 2015
  9. Skeptikko
    Skeptikko Guest
    After reading comments about removing extension cords away from the console and plugging console directly to wall outlet, i have been testing these suggestions for few weeks. So i removed everything away from the console so that there is nothing else close
    to it other than tv and external hard-drive. All of these are plugged directly to wall outlet, no extension cords or anything like that.

It has worked somewhat, there is less crackling and cut-offs in game audio than before. But the problem is not solved, not even close. Audio issues and random occurrences of controller losing connection completely are still there, it has just gotten little
    bit better. So at least in my case the issue seems to be caused by some sort of electrical interference. I have used lots other devices with wireless audio in the same space, and Xbox One is only device that has these issues.

I might be changing my Xbox to PS4 next week due to this issue. I find it baffling that such a simple matter cannot be fixed. It's 2015 for crying out loud and we can't have proper wireless audio or even controllers that are able to maintain connection to
    console just 2 meters away! When there obviously is a design issue with Xbox One controllers, how about resolving the issue and providing your paying customers with equipment that works? Personally, i am not going to buy another controller again to have such
    a basic matter working. MS seems to be pretending that this issue does not exist, but it does and it is not going to go away just by keeping quiet about it. I am done with this.

Skeptikko, Jun 20, 2015
  10. IBYCFOTA
    IBYCFOTA Guest
    I've had the same issue as all of you since the Xbox was released. I thought the new Covert controller would fix it, but the crackling and popping was significantly worse for me. I guess that means the wireless connection is bugged rather than the adapter,
    but nonetheless it was pretty disheartening to have my hopes dashed yet again. The fact that MS doesn't seem to be aknowledging it in any way makes it even worse. A 30+ page thread should warrant some kind of official response, even if it's something as vague
    as "we're looking into it, no ETA for a fix".

Has anybody ITT tried the Stealth x500 from TB? It's completely wireless and doesn't interact with the controller at all so it seems like it should work flawlessly. Fairly expensive at $200, but the reviews are decent and I'm in the market for a top of the
    line headset so I'm probably going to give it a shot. Will report back on my findings.

IBYCFOTA, Jun 23, 2015
  11. Mr Products
    Mr Products Guest
    Well, my brother got the new 1TB console the other day which includes the new controller and guess what? Yep, he gets interference as well.

I'm thinking exactly the same thing, IBYCFOTA. I've been saving up for some Astro A50s which are wireless apart from when using chat, and I'm not really bothered about the audio quality then. I could have snagged some on eBay but it's too much of a risk
    if they don't work and then I can't return them. Such a joke that we're having to resort to this.

Mr Products, Jun 25, 2015
  12. Bloodmonkeys
    Bloodmonkeys Guest
    I also have the same issue my headset is broke you can only hear people on talk to them

Bloodmonkeys, Jun 27, 2015
  13. II Enix II
    II Enix II Guest

I bought a new Covert Forces controller today, hoping that it would fix the crackling/ dropping out audio issues that I've been experiencing for many, many months.

I opened the box and proceeded to attempt to navigate the dashboard to load up a game, and guess what... the d-pad wasn't working! Great! Microsoft... you really are beginning to wear me out with all these problems and shoddy peripherals.

II Enix II, Jun 29, 2015
  14. I too have this issue and have tried every fix I can find. I really hope that it is something that can be sorted. Maybe the windows 10 update will fix it. But as there is barely an acknowledgement for Microsoft that this is still a problem I don't hold out
    much hope. Besides my headset warranty expires in a few months so will just return it if we don't receive the update before then.

Anyway please can we arrange a mass tweeting to Phil Spencer. Seems he cares about us consumers to a degree and if we all contact him at the same time it might just prompt an actual reply and acknowledgement.

tidyaddictdan, Jul 2, 2015
  15. I noticed today that when listening to xbox music the audio on the headset didn't pop or drop at all. Can someone else try this and let me know if they have the same result. Because of this I am leaning toward there being a bandwidth issue when videos or
    games are playing. Could also be a gpu problem. I'm not that technical so is only an uninformed guess. But if someone could check this out then I would appreciate it. Am worried it might be a sign that there is an actually issue with the xbox. It is still
    under warranty so am tempted to return it as faulty.

tidyaddictdan, Jul 5, 2015
Thema:

1. XB1 Wired Stereo Headset/Adapter Sound Isseus After June Update - Similar Threads - XB1 Wired Stereo

2. Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?: Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable? (( I know they cant connect wireless because they are a different system )) 490f2abe-141e-4691-a288-7eee0056e9f2
  3. PLEASE HELP Katana Zero XB1 Freezing issue. Im a Katana Zero speedrunner and mod for the...

in XboX Insiders
    PLEASE HELP Katana Zero XB1 Freezing issue. Im a Katana Zero speedrunner and mod for the...: Example of freeze The freeze only occurs on Xbox (not on pc or switch) and is caused by how Xbox handles saving. Its possible it occurs due to cloud saving and evidence of this is the freeze does...
  4. Offline game transfer from xb1 s to xb series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline game transfer from xb1 s to xb series s?: Hello, I have a x1s that has most of my games and saves, and a new xb series s that Ive designated as my home console, with a few of the games already downloaded l. The problem(s): I no longer...
  5. Xb1 remote play public wi-fi issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xb1 remote play public wi-fi issues: Xbox 1 S and Windows 10 Dell G3 laptop... the console stays at home on my home network ethernet. Remote play works if I use my 4g cellular data to make my phone a hotspot for my laptop. But on...
  6. XB1 controller LS button won’t press anymore

in XboX Insiders
    XB1 controller LS button won’t press anymore: After spamming the sprint button in every game I play, my left stick has stopped pressing down consistently. It makes it really hard to consistently sprint when I want to. Any recommendations on...
  7. Controller for xb1 won't turn on

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Controller for xb1 won't turn on: I tried with brand new batteries and still doesn't turn on, just flashes twice and turns off. I tried plugging it in with a usb and still not working 269f6eaf-ed97-48d4-962d-b1f2ac0f84b1
  8. I updated my xb1 minecraft to the better together update but it's not letting me play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I updated my xb1 minecraft to the better together update but it's not letting me play...: It's telling to me sign in or renew my subscription. ecfaaedf-4aa7-4052-b4fa-fbb1ec471134
  9. My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working: Hello A couple of days ago I felt like playing a game when I suddenly noticed that my controller wasn't really working. The controller itself lights up as It usually does but I couldn't use the...
  10. How come my madden nfl 22 no longer working on my xb1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How come my madden nfl 22 no longer working on my xb1: My madden nfl 22 is no longer working on my Xbox one. I’ve had my madden nfl 22 for the longest all of sudden I try to play my madden game today and the screen says “ Either you’re a purchase was...