XB1 Stereo Headset Microphone Issue

Discus and support XB1 Stereo Headset Microphone Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I just purchased this yesterday and the microphone sensitivity, initially, seems to be too low with the Xbox One stereo headset. Both controllers... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by aLionNamedKing, Apr 23, 2014.

1. XB1 Stereo Headset Microphone Issue

Hi,

I just purchased this yesterday and the microphone sensitivity, initially, seems to be too low with the Xbox One stereo headset.

Both controllers and console are updated with the latests patches.

When streaming through twitch and monitoring my feed, I noticed my chat audio can barely be heard over the game volume, regardless of the microphone setting on the twitch app. This complaint was also voiced by several of my viewers. I then tested the microphone
    through the Skype app's sound test service. Again, microphone sensitivity seems too low in playback.

However, oddly enough, when testing the microphone through Upload Studio, the microphone sensitivity was fine. The same was true when testing the microphone with my mobile devices as well.

Please advise.

:)

aLionNamedKing, Apr 23, 2014
  2. Mitch Connir
    Mitch Connir Guest
    Xbox Elite Controller Being Recognized as a Regular Controller

I have this same microphone input issue with my Master Chief controller and Stereo Headset Adapter. Both the Master Chief and Elite controllers are listed as compatible with the Stereo Headset Adapter.

Here's a Reddit thread of people having the same microphone issue:
    www.reddit.com/.../tech_xbox_one_elite_controller_stereo_adapter

Mitch Connir, Apr 23, 2014
  3. Stereo Headset Microphone Issue

I have had the same controller/stereo adapter/headset for the past 2 years, and suddenly the mic starts making bad static for about a day, then quits working all together. Audio still works perfectly fine, and the mic/audio work fine on my computer. I tried
    using my other controller, same problem. I don't want to just throw $25 out the window on a new adapter and possibly have the same problem. Any solutions?

SpeedChaser46, Apr 23, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

onyxishere, Apr 24, 2014
  5. Henryk W.
    Henryk W. Guest
    I had exactly the same problem.

I will try to explain the solution as precisly as I can.

well, surely you put the microphone as close to your mouth as you can, did you?

It seems obvious that if mic is closer then mic should be more sensitive, right?

I thought so but I was wrong and I'll tell you why.

This mic is directional mic which means you have to talk exactly to that little hole at the end of mic.

Notice that when you put the mic as close as you can to your mouth then that hole is directed to your cheek not mouth.

Solution: Move the mic AS FAR AS YOU CAN from your mouth (I mean horizontaly), now the hole will be directed exactly to your mouth and since now everything will be ok.

It worked for me, try it and pls let me know.

cheers.

Henryk W., Apr 24, 2014
  6. Darlor44
    Darlor44 Guest
    Oh my god. ReaperLIVEpl, I can't thank you enough. <(^-^)^

Darlor44, Oct 31, 2018
  7. onyxishere Win User

8. Darlor44 Win User

Oh my god. ReaperLIVEpl, I can't thank you enough. <(^-^)^
  9. Henryk W. Win User

I had exactly the same problem.

I will try to explain the solution as precisly as I can.

well, surely you put the microphone as close to your mouth as you can, did you?

It seems obvious that if mic is closer then mic should be more sensitive, right?

I thought so but I was wrong and I'll tell you why.

This mic is directional mic which means you have to talk exactly to that little hole at the end of mic.

Notice that when you put the mic as close as you can to your mouth then that hole is directed to your cheek not mouth.

Solution: Move the mic AS FAR AS YOU CAN from your mouth (I mean horizontaly), now the hole will be directed exactly to your mouth and since now everything will be ok.

It worked for me, try it and pls let me know.

cheers.
  10. Mitch Connir Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Being Recognized as a Regular Controller

I have this same microphone input issue with my Master Chief controller and Stereo Headset Adapter. Both the Master Chief and Elite controllers are listed as compatible with the Stereo Headset Adapter.

Here's a Reddit thread of people having the same microphone issue:
    www.reddit.com/.../tech_xbox_one_elite_controller_stereo_adapter
  11. SpeedChaser46 Win User

Stereo Headset Microphone Issue

Sound works on both of them, and voice was working on my old one for years. Not a headset issue. It's xbox.
Thema:

1. XB1 Stereo Headset Microphone Issue - Similar Threads - XB1 Stereo Headset

2. Need Stereo Reciever for XB1 & Mitsubishi TV WD-92840

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need Stereo Reciever for XB1 & Mitsubishi TV WD-92840: Looking to hook up receiver and 2 Klipsch Herseys and play XB1 audio, DirecTV audio. along with blue tooth music from iPhone. TV has 4 HDMI, digital audio output, and analog stereo inputs....
  3. XB1 Stereo headset sound and mic dropping in and out

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo headset sound and mic dropping in and out: Hi, I have been using my Stereo headset for 2 months bow and i have found its started to drop sound and mics after about 5 mins of use. The sound breaks in and out and then just cuts off. I can...
  4. XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter Echo

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter Echo: Hello Recently purchased an xb1 stereo headset adapter, and I am having issues with my friends hearing an echo when they are speaking over chat. I have tried to adjust the volume settings, and...
  5. XB1 Wired Stereo Headset/Adapter Sound Isseus After June Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Wired Stereo Headset/Adapter Sound Isseus After June Update: Honestly I don't think this will ever be fixed... What I also experienced is that it's clearly depending on the console's cpu/gpu load. In Witcher 3 or also in other games the crackling is...
  6. XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter Incompatible with instant-on

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter Incompatible with instant-on: Hi, I'm using the turtle beach XP500 headsets with the turtle beach chat adapter connected to the xbox one stereo headset adapter on my the xb1 controller that was packaged with my xb1. I updated...
  7. Can't hear anyone on my XB1 Stereo Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't hear anyone on my XB1 Stereo Headset: Why is my regular mic working, but not my xb1 stereo headset? I can't hear anyone and they can't hear me. 692b5a8b-fb9e-48ec-b5d6-a7eee09e3507
  8. XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter: Can't hear others when plugged in, but others can hear me.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter: Can't hear others when plugged in, but others can hear me.: Hi, I'm having an issue with my XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter. My problem is that others can hear me when I have my headset plugged in, but I can't hear them. I use the Turtle Beach Ear Force XP 500...
  9. TB X42 headset & XB1 stereo headset adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    TB X42 headset & XB1 stereo headset adapter: I just recently bought the adapter for my headset (listed above in the title), but am having chat issues. I followed the installation instructions and controller update to the letter, but for some...
  10. XB1 Stereo Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo Headset: Can you hear yourself with this headset? 670cc78f-1be6-410f-9d8f-f686f14d8929