[XB1 -> Series X] Saved Game Files Didn't Transfer During Network Transfer

Discus and support [XB1 -> Series X] Saved Game Files Didn't Transfer During Network Transfer in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This used to be such an easy thing to deal with before the XB1 came around as things weren't so hidden or tied to the cloud, but I'm assuming that the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pyromethious, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Pyromethious
    Pyromethious Guest

This used to be such an easy thing to deal with before the XB1 came around as things weren't so hidden or tied to the cloud, but I'm assuming that the initial response for Why is something like "prevent save file hacking". No, I Don't have an XBL sub because I don't play online.

Basically, HOW do I get my saved files from my XB1 over to my XBsX? I can't find Anything in the settings on either console and Everything I find online swears that doing the Network Transfer method is guaranteed to move all your data. Yes, both models have optical drives and only otherwise vary by the generation, so no obvious incompatibility with things like installing games themselves. BTW: Installing 360 games + DLC was NOT intuitive, but I managed to figure that out.

I've tried is plugging in a USB, but that proved pointless as well

:)

Pyromethious, Jan 29, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

The network transfer is only to transfer the game files. The saves themselves are stored on the cloud (you don't need a subscription for this) so when you start a game, the save should sync up as long as you're signed into your account.
  3. Pyromethious Win User

So until I Launch the game, it doesn't trigger the save files to download? Weird. I guess I'll try that real quick.

[Tests and Confirms]

And they need to make that clearer as the "Network Transfer" process makes it Sound like the saved files also transfer. I still like the option to manage your saves, Even if that only means to upload/download manually (without being In the game).
  4. dogsounds Win User

Transfer

I bought immortals fenyx rising on my xbox one and it won't transfer or start on my xbox series x.
    To allow us to help you, can you explain how you are trying to transfer the game to your Series X console? And whjat happens when you try to transfer them? Take us through the steps you are trying.

As a quick guide:

To transfer from XBOX One to Series consoles, both consoles must be powered ON and connected to the same home network.

On your Series X console, go to MY GAMES & APPS>MANAGE>NETWORK TRANSFER

Ensure that ALLOW NETWORK TRANSFER is ticked, and then select your XBOX One console from the LOCAL CONSOLES list on the top right of the page.

You should now see all the games installed on your XBOX One console, simply check which ones you wish to transfer, and then click COPY SELECTED. If you are given more than one option where to store the selected games, choose the relevant destination drive. Series S/X specific games can be saved on any drive but MUST be played from the internal SSD or the official Seagate Expansion Card so it's less hassle to save them there rather than an external HDD or third-party SSD. Older games can be saved on any drive. Pay close attention to the size of the file, or files, you are transferring, and that there is sufficient space on the destination drive to store them.

The files will now transfer and you will see progress bars. A wired connection will give you faster transfer times. Once completed, the games should appear in your MY GAMES AND APPS lists on the Series X, and be playable as normal.

If the games do not play, make sure that you are signed into your Series X console with XBOX profile that purchased the games originally. Also make sure you are launching the game from either the internal SSD or the official Seagate Expansion Card, as Series X/S versions of games will not work from other, slower SSDs or hard drives as they are not fast enough.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Is it possible to sync games between two consoles that are on the same WiFi network?

6. LadyStarr Win User

Trying to transfer saved game and downloaded mods for FS22 from xbox 1 to xbox x, how come nothing is transfering other than the season pass add-ons?

Hello,

Yes, we are trying to move the saved games from the Xbox 1 to the new Xbox series x. We had put the profile on the new x series, and downloaded the game. We then used the local network sharing to try to transfer the same games and the digital community content from Farming Simulator 22 to the series X but cannot get them to transfer over.

We are unsure as to why the saved games are not moving over or the mods.

The mods we can just re-download if needed, but the saved games... thata the important part.
Thema:

1. [XB1 -> Series X] Saved Game Files Didn't Transfer During Network Transfer - Similar Threads - XB1 Series Saved

2. Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?: Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable? (( I know they cant connect wireless because they are a different system )) 490f2abe-141e-4691-a288-7eee0056e9f2
  3. PLEASE HELP Katana Zero XB1 Freezing issue. Im a Katana Zero speedrunner and mod for the...

in XboX Insiders
    PLEASE HELP Katana Zero XB1 Freezing issue. Im a Katana Zero speedrunner and mod for the...: Example of freeze The freeze only occurs on Xbox (not on pc or switch) and is caused by how Xbox handles saving. Its possible it occurs due to cloud saving and evidence of this is the freeze does...
  4. Offline game transfer from xb1 s to xb series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline game transfer from xb1 s to xb series s?: Hello, I have a x1s that has most of my games and saves, and a new xb series s that Ive designated as my home console, with a few of the games already downloaded l. The problem(s): I no longer...
  5. Xb1 remote play public wi-fi issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xb1 remote play public wi-fi issues: Xbox 1 S and Windows 10 Dell G3 laptop... the console stays at home on my home network ethernet. Remote play works if I use my 4g cellular data to make my phone a hotspot for my laptop. But on...
  6. XB1 controller LS button won’t press anymore

in XboX Insiders
    XB1 controller LS button won’t press anymore: After spamming the sprint button in every game I play, my left stick has stopped pressing down consistently. It makes it really hard to consistently sprint when I want to. Any recommendations on...
  7. Controller for xb1 won't turn on

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Controller for xb1 won't turn on: I tried with brand new batteries and still doesn't turn on, just flashes twice and turns off. I tried plugging it in with a usb and still not working 269f6eaf-ed97-48d4-962d-b1f2ac0f84b1
  8. I updated my xb1 minecraft to the better together update but it's not letting me play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I updated my xb1 minecraft to the better together update but it's not letting me play...: It's telling to me sign in or renew my subscription. ecfaaedf-4aa7-4052-b4fa-fbb1ec471134
  9. My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working: Hello A couple of days ago I felt like playing a game when I suddenly noticed that my controller wasn't really working. The controller itself lights up as It usually does but I couldn't use the...
  10. How come my madden nfl 22 no longer working on my xb1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How come my madden nfl 22 no longer working on my xb1: My madden nfl 22 is no longer working on my Xbox one. I’ve had my madden nfl 22 for the longest all of sudden I try to play my madden game today and the screen says “ Either you’re a purchase was...