XB1/Onkyo AVR/Dish Network Hopper - input problem

Discus and support XB1/Onkyo AVR/Dish Network Hopper - input problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just had Dish installed today in my new home, as well as speaker wire run through the attic for surround sound. After plugging the Hopper into the XB1... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Deaths Sickle, Jun 18, 2014.

1. XB1/Onkyo AVR/Dish Network Hopper - input problem

Just had Dish installed today in my new home, as well as speaker wire run through the attic for surround sound. After plugging the Hopper into the XB1 and finding out I couldn't have surround sound passing through, I connected the Hopper to the Onkyo receiver
    directly via HDMI. No problems with video or audio there. If I switch from Cab/Sat input to Game/TV input so XB1 can be used, the TV tells me that there is no signal available. Audio is present, however. I have to go back into the AVR settings and screw
    with the inputs, power cycle everything and then the XB1 will come back on. so long as it is the first component activated. If the Dish input is activated first, then again the XB1 input displays no video. Wondering where my problem is coming from since
    I never have had an issue like this previously. Thanks to all you guys that are plenty smarter than me!

:)

Deaths Sickle, Jun 18, 2014
  2. Xbox one tv stopped working.

.....And another. Cold Boot fixes problem temporarily, but it returns within hours.

This, and the lack of surround sound pass through (yes I clicked the box) are causing me to disconnect this product from my TV, and use it only for games.

Disappointing.

Hopper from Dish

Mitsubishi TV

Denon AVR 2309Ci

Hopper>HDMI>AVR>HDMI>XBOX>HDMI>TV.

Bandit11-A1B73BAA-AD84-4126-B014-662264F282C9, Jun 18, 2014
  3. HDCP issues with Live TV only

Have the same issue with my Dish Hopper that is connected to my XB1

BoDEAN-554D8B25-F50B-4CED-B8F3-54A08C7AEB15, Jun 18, 2014
  4. BoDEAN-554D8B25-F50B Win User

HDCP issues with Live TV only

Have the same issue with my Dish Hopper that is connected to my XB1
  5. Bandit11-A1B73BAA-AD Win User

Xbox one tv stopped working.

.....And another. Cold Boot fixes problem temporarily, but it returns within hours.

This, and the lack of surround sound pass through (yes I clicked the box) are causing me to disconnect this product from my TV, and use it only for games.

Disappointing.

Hopper from Dish

Mitsubishi TV

Denon AVR 2309Ci

Hopper>HDMI>AVR>HDMI>XBOX>HDMI>TV.
  6. zootfoobrian Win User

Surround Sound Problems with Xbox One

Hey there, he said it over the phone. Something about the audio not being read on the HDMI by the Xbox One. Which..i don't think is true...otherwise...why have that functionality?

1. It's Dish Network, not Directv...and it's model is just Dish Network Hopper

2. Cable Box hdmi to xbox one. Xbox one HDMI to TV. Xbox One Optical Audio To AVR

3. Sony SKR-840P

4. 5.1

Thanks!
  7. Krimson Arrow Win User

Recommended TV Settings

Panasonic 55" plasma, dish network hopper, and Sony STRDH520 receiver
  8. Customgamer18 Win User

Dish Network compatibility?

I also have my dish network hopper hooked up to it with no issues. Of course it doesn't support the dvr like any set top box. I use it because its fun to have the same input for gaming and TV.
Thema:

XB1/Onkyo AVR/Dish Network Hopper - input problem

1. XB1/Onkyo AVR/Dish Network Hopper - input problem - Similar Threads - XB1 Onkyo AVR

2. Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?: Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable? (( I know they cant connect wireless because they are a different system )) 490f2abe-141e-4691-a288-7eee0056e9f2
  3. PLEASE HELP Katana Zero XB1 Freezing issue. Im a Katana Zero speedrunner and mod for the...

in XboX Insiders
    PLEASE HELP Katana Zero XB1 Freezing issue. Im a Katana Zero speedrunner and mod for the...: Example of freeze The freeze only occurs on Xbox (not on pc or switch) and is caused by how Xbox handles saving. Its possible it occurs due to cloud saving and evidence of this is the freeze does...
  4. Offline game transfer from xb1 s to xb series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline game transfer from xb1 s to xb series s?: Hello, I have a x1s that has most of my games and saves, and a new xb series s that Ive designated as my home console, with a few of the games already downloaded l. The problem(s): I no longer...
  5. Xb1 remote play public wi-fi issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xb1 remote play public wi-fi issues: Xbox 1 S and Windows 10 Dell G3 laptop... the console stays at home on my home network ethernet. Remote play works if I use my 4g cellular data to make my phone a hotspot for my laptop. But on...
  6. XB1 controller LS button won’t press anymore

in XboX Insiders
    XB1 controller LS button won’t press anymore: After spamming the sprint button in every game I play, my left stick has stopped pressing down consistently. It makes it really hard to consistently sprint when I want to. Any recommendations on...
  7. Controller for xb1 won't turn on

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Controller for xb1 won't turn on: I tried with brand new batteries and still doesn't turn on, just flashes twice and turns off. I tried plugging it in with a usb and still not working 269f6eaf-ed97-48d4-962d-b1f2ac0f84b1
  8. I updated my xb1 minecraft to the better together update but it's not letting me play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I updated my xb1 minecraft to the better together update but it's not letting me play...: It's telling to me sign in or renew my subscription. ecfaaedf-4aa7-4052-b4fa-fbb1ec471134
  9. My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working: Hello A couple of days ago I felt like playing a game when I suddenly noticed that my controller wasn't really working. The controller itself lights up as It usually does but I couldn't use the...
  10. How come my madden nfl 22 no longer working on my xb1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How come my madden nfl 22 no longer working on my xb1: My madden nfl 22 is no longer working on my Xbox one. I’ve had my madden nfl 22 for the longest all of sudden I try to play my madden game today and the screen says “ Either you’re a purchase was...