XB1: Netflix App Broken/Crashes When Attempting To Launch

Discus and support XB1: Netflix App Broken/Crashes When Attempting To Launch in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. Ever since the March update I've been unable to use Netflix on my Xbox One. I click on the tile and then it just dumps me back to the home screen,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Skidzilla360, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Skidzilla360
    Skidzilla360 Guest

Hi. Ever since the March update I've been unable to use Netflix on my Xbox One.

I click on the tile and then it just dumps me back to the home screen, after about 10 seconds of displaying the logo with the loading spinner.

I've already tried deleting and re-installing the app, and power cycling the console (I don't use standby/sleep mode), with no luck. Any ideas anyone?

:)

Skidzilla360, Mar 26, 2015
  2. Netflix App not launching (not a connection issue)

So my NAT is open and I can play games online without issues, but the Netflix app is not launching Netflix.

Basically, when you launch the app, it goes to the red loading screen and then crashes back to the dashboard. No error messeges or anything. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, and it made no difference.

Worked fine a couple days ago, not sure where to begin. The Netflix site has nothing really regarding this issue.

stalkerstang50, Mar 26, 2015
  3. JacobTheDev
    JacobTheDev Guest
    What happened to the Wireless Display app? (Or "how can I project my Surface Pro screen onto my TV via Xbox one?")

Yea, completely broken for me too, just crashes when I try to launch it. I'm betting it's been abandoned.

JacobTheDev, Mar 26, 2015
  4. RealNickLaw
    RealNickLaw Guest

I've also been having this problem. Haven't seen any other posts.

RealNickLaw, Mar 27, 2015
  5. RealNickLaw Win User

I've also been having this problem. Haven't seen any other posts.
  6. butlerrd Win User

Games Won't Play. Begin to expand then return to home screen.

The only thing ps that work for me are non gaming apps ie netflix, Hulu, etc. all games and xbox fitness crash to home after attempted launch... Insane msft
  7. SP3C7ER117 Win User

hdmi audio

The XB1 launched with no support for 5.1 sound systems and up. It is compressed stereo.

Sorry, nothing you can do. The XB1 wasn't ready to be launched yet.

This is just one of many issues- broken party chat, no surround sound, not compatible with headsets, game crashing cause RAM isn't cleared and so on.

So.. Yeah. Sorry bud.
  8. Meanjohnny5 Win User

Sling TV app crashing constantly

Yep. I'm having the same problem. Sling TV is working fine on my Roku which is hooked up via wifi. But it's crashing and freezing on the xb1, which is hooked up via Ethernet cable. It's not my connection and it's not Sling TV. It's either the app or the
    xb1 that's the problem. I tried reinstalling the app and no difference. Netflix and other streaming services work fine.
  9. JavierTerrazas2 Win User

Xbox App on PC Keeps Closing and Reopening Forever When I Try to Launch it

Thank you for the reply

I attempted every solution you recommended. I still can't fully open the app, but the endless looping has stopped. Now, when I try to launch the app it simply crashes immediately once.
Thema:

1. XB1: Netflix App Broken/Crashes When Attempting To Launch - Similar Threads - XB1 Netflix App

2. Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?: Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable? (( I know they cant connect wireless because they are a different system )) 490f2abe-141e-4691-a288-7eee0056e9f2
  3. PLEASE HELP Katana Zero XB1 Freezing issue. Im a Katana Zero speedrunner and mod for the...

in XboX Insiders
    PLEASE HELP Katana Zero XB1 Freezing issue. Im a Katana Zero speedrunner and mod for the...: Example of freeze The freeze only occurs on Xbox (not on pc or switch) and is caused by how Xbox handles saving. Its possible it occurs due to cloud saving and evidence of this is the freeze does...
  4. Offline game transfer from xb1 s to xb series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline game transfer from xb1 s to xb series s?: Hello, I have a x1s that has most of my games and saves, and a new xb series s that Ive designated as my home console, with a few of the games already downloaded l. The problem(s): I no longer...
  5. Xb1 remote play public wi-fi issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xb1 remote play public wi-fi issues: Xbox 1 S and Windows 10 Dell G3 laptop... the console stays at home on my home network ethernet. Remote play works if I use my 4g cellular data to make my phone a hotspot for my laptop. But on...
  6. Netflix wont open on XB1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix wont open on XB1: About a week ago, Netflix was working fine. Yesterday I tried to open it, and it just keeps going back to XBox home screen. I tried restarting the App, I've restarted my console about a dozen...
  7. Netflix Will Not Load on XB1 Slim

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix Will Not Load on XB1 Slim: So this problem has been going on for about a week for me. All that happens is when I go to load Netflix it simply will not load. It will go to the white screen with red Netflix letters and then...
  8. Netflix subtitles always on despite XB1 cc settings on off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix subtitles always on despite XB1 cc settings on off: Everytime I go into Netflix I have to manually turn off CC. c5c29820-dead-4757-b363-73b562df0bcd
  9. Xb1 Netflix crashing on startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xb1 Netflix crashing on startup: Level 1 Posted 18 Dec 2014 2:08 AM Netflix keeps crashing as I try to open. I have done a hard reboot. I have tried a complete uninstall. Still the same problem. I downloaded assassin's...
  10. XB1 SmartGlass App & Netflix ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 SmartGlass App & Netflix ?: XB1 smart glass app does not work as a remote control w/ netflix? 59031c9e-6cdf-4ed7-a71a-c6d0854f625f